Surprise, Surprise. The Cowboys Get An F From Me

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this parody? LT is arguably the 2nd most important position
Bold> Exactly. There may always be questions concerning the player's ability but practically every football coach will say quarterback, left tackle and defensive end/edge rusher are the top three acquisition needs by position. And sometimes their individual rank of importance is interchangeable according to any particular team's offensive and defensive philosophies.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Prove me wrong.
You likened a LT to shingles on a house....theres no argument to be made, youre opinion was dead on arrival.

You've literally painted yourself into a corner with your opinion that left tackles dont matter. An opinion that very clearly puts you in the minority. Yet you keep double and tripling down, stating that the burden of proof is on others.

Wrong. You've gone against an established line of thinking on the basis of a 2% difference in win % (not statistically significant) without acknowledging any other variables.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad!

Swanny

Reaction score
Lol

A lot of good having a HOFer there for the last decade did for us, huh?
Looking back on past Super Bowl Champions they have put a ton of draft stock into the Oline. Zeroing in on left tackle going back 10ish years I think the only team that did not have a highly drafted tackle was Jason Peter's with the Eagles. Although the Eagles traded a first round pick to get Peter's.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Bold> Exactly. There may always be questions concerning the player's ability but practically every football coach will say quarterback, left tackle and defensive end/edge rusher are the top three acquisition needs by position. And sometimes their individual rank of importance is interchangeable according to any particular team's offensive and defensive philosophies.

Exactly, and a QB can't succeed without an effective LT in THE NFL. Not with the pass rushers in today's game.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You likened a LT to shingles on a house....theres no argument to be made, youre opinion was dead on arrival.

You've literally painted yourself into a corner with your opinion that left tackles dont matter. An opinion that very clearly puts you in the minority. Yet you keep double and tripling down, stating that the burden of proof is on others.

Wrong. You've gone against an established line of thinking on the basis of a 2% difference in win % (not statistically significant) without acknowledging any other variables.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad!
If your next post isn’t proving me wrong then I’m not responding anymore.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re comfortable in the mediocrity. You are happy as a lark to wallow in it year after year.

It’s too late for you, Jazz.

That’s why I either ignore you or come back with sarcasm.
Not comfortable at all with what is and has been going on.
I want some change.

And by them not doing much this off season is a change from the past years. But does not seem to be a good change, yet.

I do not want them to sign Dak to an extension. Let him play out the season, and go from there. I been saying this since that GB debacle, another debacle along with the SF losses.

I been ignoring your posts as well, I usually read them, but choose not to respond, not worth it, but that one I needed to respond to. As to your sarcasm, it is not working.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
BC he is.

Your opinion flies in the face of literally every logical analysis of the QB position.

Even if he isn't, it doesn't diminish the importance of a LT. Unless you want to go 3-14 every year in today's NFL, you must have a top class LT. We're not the only team in our division (much less league) with an elite pass rusher. If you have a right handed QB, then you need a top LT to protect his blindside. Otherwise, he probably won't see the pressure coming and could end up out for the season. This is basic football 101 that we're having to explain.

Reactions: Ken

doomsday9084

Reaction score
A LT, really?

The best case scenario is he’s the best LT in the NFL for the next decade just like our previous LT was for the previous decade.

Tyron Smith never saw past the divisional round.

Cooper Rush, a QB NOBODY wanted when they had the opportunity, is 4-1 without Tyron Smith playing.

LT is a position you sure up AFTER the important positions are taken care of first.

A LT is the shingles on an already built house.

We drafted a guy that if anything less than 1st team all pro is a downgrade. We should’ve just kept Tyron if we valued LT that highly going into the draft, and drafted an actual position that will affect the W/L record with our 1st pick.

Now, on to the 2nd round where we will be drafting a running back without a knee to really hammer on the point that we’re an unserious franchise.
This is an unpopular opinion but I tend to agree. Personally, I think the O line coach is very important and a good one can make a line of 3rd rounders look good while a bad one can make a line of 1st rounders look bad. The team should be replacing Solari, not dumping a bunch of high value assets into his crappy system in hopes that it works.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Even if he isn't, it doesn't diminish the importance of a LT. Unless you want to go 3-14 every year in today's NFL, you must have a top class LT. We're not the only team in our division (much less league) with an elite pass rusher. If you have a right handed QB, then you need a top LT to protect his blindside. Otherwise, he probably won't see the pressure coming and could end up out for the season. This is basic football 101 that we're having to explain.
The bum Cooper Rush went 4-1 without an elite LT in 2022.

That kills your uninformed 3-14 take.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ranking each position's importance, from quarterback to returner (link). It is an old article and there is room for debate but Bucky Brooks' breakdown of player positions by importance is pretty solid.

I am not a fan of Jerry Jones overseeing any draft and I am actually more ecstatic for the extra third round pick over the player selection but positional need was hypothetically met. Drafting left tackle is something I would do not disagree with after Tyron Smith's departure. Solid teams build from the trenches out.