Surprise, Surprise. The Cowboys Get An F From Me

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Let the left tackle go through growing pains this year. If he struggles, so will Dak.
Dak doesn't get re-signed, Guyton improves in 2025 for the next QB.

A+ Draft for you now.
I agree there's many issues I have with our front office. But have no problems with them trying to shore up the OL for whoever is going to be the future Cowboys QB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
c'mon man, can you imagine how bad we would be if we didn't have one? Do you think a LT along would have brought us what we haven't had in 3 decades? Take Ty off this team and we are complaining more than we do

Not to mention that, assuming we go QB next year, he'd need someone solid at Lt to protect him. What's he supposed to do? Be a ghost and have the pass rushers go past him? Mind-blowing. Every QB needs a solid LT. So, if he insists on having a new QB, then the pick last night should give a rookie QB a better chance at success.

erod

Reaction score
A LT, really?

The best case scenario is he’s the best LT in the NFL for the next decade just like our previous LT was for the previous decade.

Tyron Smith never saw past the divisional round.

Cooper Rush, a QB NOBODY wanted when they had the opportunity, is 4-1 without Tyron Smith playing.

LT is a position you sure up AFTER the important positions are taken care of first.

A LT is the shingles on an already built house.

We drafted a guy that if anything less than 1st team all pro is a downgrade. We should’ve just kept Tyron if we valued LT that highly going into the draft, and drafted an actual position that will affect the W/L record with our 1st pick.

Now, on to the 2nd round where we will be drafting a running back without a knee to really hammer on the point that we’re an unserious franchise.
Can't agree here. Left tackle is super critical because that's where most premier edge rushers pressure from.

If they can get a starting center tonight, they've helped themselves greatly up front.

But there are many holes still, especially between our QB's ears.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ever hear of a running game?
Maybe he really helps there. Then a defense must respect that run game, therefore opening up the pass, and an extra second for Dak to pass the ball.

It is called Football 101.
Then again you do not go by conventional logic and will just say, Dak still can't play. I am not defending Dak by this either. Just stating the facts of basic football.
Like with Demarco Murray and Zeke winning rushing titles?

What did they account for? 3 Wild Card wins? Lololololol

wecasa

Reaction score
Holes. Holes everywhere up and down the roster. Exiting starters on both sides of the ball. Let's dump draft picks on a hope and a prayer that one of the remaining qbs can save the franchise by protecting his own backside, snapping the ball to himself, stopping the run and pressuring the qb.

My beef is, they didn't really get a plug and play day one starter with the pick. They got another project who may slot as another all pro 1st round pick on the line or maybe not.

It is what it is. Maybe they'll dip into free agency, oh wait no they won't. They will pick from the scrap heap for has beens or never was's. That'll do the trick. But look at that 1st round qb running for his life and throwing picks...

You have more faith that this coaching staff can draft and develop qb talent than I do.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Some of these fans shouldn't be allowed to post. I'm starting to think they're bots at this point, because no one can be that dumb.

Especially with the notion of a QB fixes all issues. That mentality is how QBs like Bryce Young or Daniel Jones exist who are likely to be washed out of the league soon because their teams didn't protect them.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Can't agree here. Left tackle is super critical because that's where most premier edge rushers pressure from.

If they can get a starting center tonight, they've helped themselves greatly up front.

But there are many holes still, especially between our QB's ears.
And nothing they do will matter until that one between the ears is fixed.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Imagine thinking LT is the 2nd most important position on offense when the Cowboys have a better winning percentage when Tyron was hurt than when he was healthy lolololololololllol
yeah. please please don't embarass yourself. you are a stat guy. so just stick to stats and TMZ material you always post. and don't venture into football related and team building activities.

the lol's at the end just shows your futher clueless-ness and your nervousness.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
yeah. please please don't embarass yourself. you are a stat guy. so just stick to stats and TMZ material you always post. and don't venture into football related and team building activities.

the lol's at the end just shows your futher clueless-ness and your nervousness.
W/L is the only stat that matters and the Cowboys were more likely to lose when Tyron was healthy.

Facts don’t care about your feelings, bro.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Like with Demarco Murray and Zeke winning rushing titles?

What did they account for? 3 Wild Card wins? Lololololol

You do understand that this sport is the ultimate team game, right? Yes, Mahomes is a great QB. But he has a help on his team. Kelce, Hill, and help on the oline helped make the transition to what he has become much easier. If he were to have gone to the Bears in 2017, he'd have been washed out of the league by now because of how poor of a supporting cast he would have had. He wound up in the perfect spot for his talents to be used. Reid, Kelce, Hill, and the rest of the supporting cast are a big reason Mahomes is where he is now. Just the same, let's suppose we get a QB next year in round 1 (which, with Dak's current contract situation, is probable). Wouldn't it be smart to put him in a situation to have the best chance possible to succeed? Or should he just be given a lump of crap and told to make a steak out of it? I think taking Guyton makes a lot of sense in every way possible. I think the moves we make today should help whoever might be the next QB's life easier. It should give him a better chance to succeed. This isn't basketball. You can't just expect one elite player to be the only good player on the team. You need to give him an effective supporting cast.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
A LT, really?

The best case scenario is he’s the best LT in the NFL for the next decade just like our previous LT was for the previous decade.

Tyron Smith never saw past the divisional round.

Cooper Rush, a QB NOBODY wanted when they had the opportunity, is 4-1 without Tyron Smith playing.

LT is a position you sure up AFTER the important positions are taken care of first.

A LT is the shingles on an already built house.

We drafted a guy that if anything less than 1st team all pro is a downgrade. We should’ve just kept Tyron if we valued LT that highly going into the draft, and drafted an actual position that will affect the W/L record with our 1st pick.

Now, on to the 2nd round where we will be drafting a running back without a knee to really hammer on the point that we’re an unserious franchise.
Gotta have LT1.

We didnt have one.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You do understand that this sport is the ultimate team game, right? Yes, Mahomes is a great QB. But he has a help on his team. Kelce, Hill, and help on the oline helped make the transition to what he has become much easier. If he were to have gone to the Bears in 2017, he'd have been washed out of the league by now because of how poor of a supporting cast he would have had. He wound up in the perfect spot for his talents to be used. Reid, Kelce, Hill, and the rest of the supporting cast are a big reason Mahomes is where he is now. Just the same, let's suppose we get a QB next year in round 1 (which, with Dak's current contract situation, is probable). Wouldn't it be smart to put him in a situation to have the best chance possible to succeed? Or should he just be given a lump of crap and told to make a steak out of it? I think taking Guyton makes a lot of sense in every way possible. I think the moves we make today should help whoever might be the next QB's life easier. It should give him a better chance to succeed. This isn't basketball. You can't just expect one elite player to be the only good player on the team. You need to give him an effective supporting cast.
This dude talking about Hill like he’s not been on the Dolphins the last two years while Mahomes been winning Super Bowls lol

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I missed the QB at 24 we should have taken.
The Cowboys will have their chance to pick a QB in the 2025 draft assuming that the speculation of this being Dak's last season in Dallas is going to turn out to be correct. Plus the Cowboys could end up with a pick higher than 24 depending on how the 2024 season plays out.

But I do wonder how those who have been advocating for Trey Lance to get a chance over Dak would then react if Jerry and Stephen decided to forgo picking a QB in the next draft, based off of their theory that Trey Lance can be a starter and still deliver like high first round draft pick QBs are expected to deliver.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This dude talking about Hill like he’s not been on the Dolphins the last two years while Mahomes been winning Super Bowls lol

I'm talking about early in his career, genius. When he was starting. When he won his first Super Bowl. The point is, you need to give your QB an effective supporting cast to give him the best chance of success. Otherwise, you're just going to wind up like the Jets.

Polkton31

Reaction score
Every position does matter.

Some just matter much more than others.

And to answer your question. He’s not Dak. Dak’s a known loser and Penix is an unknown.
Well, if your only qualification is "He's not Dak", you're in luck. The Cowboys can still grab Rattler, Pratt, Milton, or maybe even Travis.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm talking about early in his career, genius. When he was starting. When he won his first Super Bowl. The point is, you need to give your QB an effective supporting cast to give him the best chance of success. Otherwise, you're just going to wind up like the Jets.
You Dak fans really think Daks been surrounded by bums for 8 years, huh?