Surprise, Surprise. The Cowboys Get An F From Me

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Can't agree here. Left tackle is super critical because that's where most premier edge rushers pressure from.

If they can get a starting center tonight, they've helped themselves greatly up front.

But there are many holes still, especially between our QB's ears.
Exactly, and, should we get a QB in the draft next year, the picks we make this weekend should help set up that QB for success tomorrow.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like with Demarco Murray and Zeke winning rushing titles?

What did they account for? 3 Wild Card wins? Lololololol
This was the type of answer I expected. Always some other excuse. So They should have used those picks for QB's?
Philly saved us from picking Wentz, so they took Zeke.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You Dak fans really think Daks been surrounded by bums for 8 years, huh?

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that I have no problem replacing Dak in next year's draft. However, I want that replacement to have the best chance possible to succeed. I'm looking at more than just numbers. I'm looking at a long line of 1st round QBs who went bust because their teams failed to give them a proper chance to succeed. If we are to replace Dak next year, fine. I have no problem with it. Better that probably than paying Dak $60mil+. But, to do that, I want that QB to have the best chance possible at taking us to the SB in 3 years.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
You are complaining loudly, to the point that it’s hard to take your comments seriously, unless you share your plan.

Which QB would you have traded up to get?

What do you think it would have cost to do it?

Did the Cowboys have those assets?

You say Atlanta but make no argument for why that pick was “there for the taking”.

Be specific or don’t expect to be taken seriously on this.

Interesting that he now wanted the Cowboys to trade a bunch of draft capital up to get a QB. Even though he has been one of the ones advocating for Trey Lance to start during the 2024-2025 seasons. Of of the theory that Trey Lance can perform and play like what he have seen other first round QBs such as Allen and Burrow play like.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This was the type of answer I expected. Always some other excuse. So They should have used those picks for QB's?
Philly saved us from picking Wentz, so they took Zeke.
You’re comfortable in the mediocrity. You are happy as a lark to wallow in it year after year.

It’s too late for you, Jazz.

That’s why I either ignore you or come back with sarcasm.

Ken

Reaction score
A LT, really?

The best case scenario is he’s the best LT in the NFL for the next decade just like our previous LT was for the previous decade.

Tyron Smith never saw past the divisional round.

Cooper Rush, a QB NOBODY wanted when they had the opportunity, is 4-1 without Tyron Smith playing.

LT is a position you sure up AFTER the important positions are taken care of first.

A LT is the shingles on an already built house.

We drafted a guy that if anything less than 1st team all pro is a downgrade. We should’ve just kept Tyron if we valued LT that highly going into the draft, and drafted an actual position that will affect the W/L record with our 1st pick.

Now, on to the 2nd round where we will be drafting a running back without a knee to really hammer on the point that we’re an unserious franchise.
lol

This is some serious hater logic if I ever saw it. Yes, we should not draft a potential Elite LT at 29 and pick up an early 3rd bc......playoffs?

lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Interesting that he now wanted the Cowboys to trade a bunch of draft capital up to get a QB. Even though he has been one of the ones advocating for Trey Lance to start during the 2024-2025 seasons. Of of the theory that Trey Lance can perform and play like what he have seen other first round QBs such as Allen and Burrow play like.

Good point. Even if we ride with Lance in 2025 (if the draft class at QB is poor), he will need an effective lineman to keep him upright. So, even for the purpose of replacing Dak, last night's pick was the right choice.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
lol

This is some serious hater logic if I ever saw it. Yes, we should not draft a potential Elite LT at 29 and pick up an early 3rd bc......playoffs?

lol

Yeah, who cares if we get our replacement QB snapped like a twig and washed out in 3 years because we couldn't protect him? Back to the draft and throw another QB into it. Should only take 20 years to work out what the issue is to even get to a SB. It's been working brilliantly for the Bears.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
There are no easy answers for this franchise currently. Think they drafted what they could get at that spot. Kind of made sense the second Mims went off the board. They weren't going to go for Barton and in their minds they already got the QB of the future in Lance. Let's see if the gamble pays off.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
lol

lol
Yeah, who cares if we get our replacement QB snapped like a twig and washed out in 3 years because we couldn't protect him? Back to the draft and throw another QB into it. Should only take 20 years to work out what the issue is to even get to a SB. It's been working brilliantly for the Bears.
Both of you believe Dak is top tier QB talent.

Your opinions mean less than mine when it comes to player evaluations.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There are no easy answers for this franchise currently. Think they drafted what they could get at that spot. Kind of made sense the second Mims went off the board. They weren't going to go for Barton and in their minds they already got the QB of the future in Lance. Let's see if the gamble pays off.

Whether they ride with Lance in 2025 or draft one then, taking a LT to replace Tyron is the correct choice. Jerry deserves a lot of criticism for this offseason so far, but I think he's got this pick right. And to get an extra pick that's an early 3rd to go with it makes it even better.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Wait till Jerry signs Dak. Don't want it but it'll happen. Don't really have an opinion on the pick. Don't know if he's any good or not but it isn't real flashy.