Surprise, Surprise. The Cowboys Get An F From Me

pete026

Reaction score
Not that it really matters but to answer the Tyron Smith W-L record question:

Tyron was very healthy for 9 of the 10 Garrett years (.500). He's been unhealthy since Garrett left (.625).

KB1122

Reaction score
I'm good with the pick, but the OP makes good points. In the Martin vs Manziel decision, I'm still Team Manziel. Guards don't win championships.

KB1122

Reaction score
A poster put it this way once: the Cowboys are really good at evaluating certain positions (OL being one). Do they draft a good player at one of their strong positions, everyone high fives, that players turns out well, but it doesn't get us closer to the goal.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Lol

A lot of good having a HOFer there for the last decade did for us, huh?
Using that logic we might as well not draft any position at all since we haven't won a Super Bowl in 25 years. Pretty sure NFL front offices who do this for a living, who all place a premium on the LT position, understand positional value a bit better than a guy who lives on a fan forum 24/7. You are either a brilliant troll or borderline r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d with most of your takes and logic.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
LT is one of the most important positions on the team - I don't know what you are talking about there - However I take the best CB in the draft that was a top 10 player when he is sitting there for me at 24!
Kid from ou is raw and not 1st rd material

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Look how many games he started. Plus he terrible at run blocking
I mean....as a college prospect yes......but with NFL coaching and NFL personnel around him? Who knows how fast it will click. It clicked for Terrence Steele next to Zack Martin. Tyler Smith...clicked fast for him.

Carnes

Reaction score
And how manyb
A LT, really?

The best case scenario is he’s the best LT in the NFL for the next decade just like our previous LT was for the previous decade.

Tyron Smith never saw past the divisional round.

Cooper Rush, a QB NOBODY wanted when they had the opportunity, is 4-1 without Tyron Smith playing.

LT is a position you sure up AFTER the important positions are taken care of first.

A LT is the shingles on an already built house.

We drafted a guy that if anything less than 1st team all pro is a downgrade. We should’ve just kept Tyron if we valued LT that highly going into the draft, and drafted an actual position that will affect the W/L record with our 1st pick.

Now, on to the 2nd round where we will be drafting a running back without a knee to really hammer on the point that we’re an unserious franchise.
How many Players have you drafted and if you are so talented at picking talent Why are you not a gm of an NFL team?

This is just a question

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A QB and don’t care.

None of our future draft capital will matter as long as Dak is playing QB for us.
Well dak could be here few more years lol.
It looks like jerry will extend him anyway, and if they let him walk, they get 0 for him.
It would be insane to sign him after the season, but it is jerry lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If part of your criteria before drafting a QB is asking yourself “Are they better than Dak?” then you’ve already lost.

That is not how you should judge the QB position because 9 times out of 10 you’re going to be suckered into thinking the veteran QB is better than the QB that’s never taken an NFL snap.

Therefore you’ll never try and you’ll stay settling.
Are they better than Dak?.......... I never said that lol
But I agree I just dont think each years draft will have a great qb. I would study them while in college, and try to get one I liked when
they enter the draft.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And how manyb

How many Players have you drafted and if you are so talented at picking talent Why are you not a gm of an NFL team?

This is just a question
It is impossible for anyone (us normal people) to get a job in the nfl , esp as coach and GM.
YOu have to have a in , as a ex player,know someone high up, or be a family member of someone in nfl.

Look at duece, he had his dad who was a scout.
Kyle shanahan , his dad
same for wade phillips, his dad.

If you wanted to interview for a gm or HC job, they would not even talk to you.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Bet...

I'll hang it between my "Desmond Ridder 2022 jock strap" and "Dak Can't win 12 games without Cooper Rush Jersey"

Dak Haters think people go to heaven :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Sad/funny you had to hijack this thread cause your “Dak wants to help the team” thread is nothing but pages and pages of Dak hate lolololololol

1 more seasons.

Qcard

Reaction score
Sad/funny you had to hijack this thread cause your “Dak wants to help the team” thread is nothing but pages and pages of Dak hate lolololololol

1 more seasons.
Wake me when it gets to 50 pages I love to Reviewing Dak Haters pain…..like when you Dak Haters realized 2025 and 2026 were voided years :lmao::lmao:

Do you promise to post in my thread when Prescott signs a 4yr $240M Extension with $145M ($15 discount for Zeke) guaranteed in the next 2-3 months? :lmao: