Surprise, Surprise. The Cowboys Get An F From Me

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
You’re arguing a different point than he is….he doesn’t have a point. What you’re saying makes sense just don’t agree.

Using your argument you could say the same thing about DT…how many first round DTs do the Chiefs have? Or first round linebackers?
It's not necessarily which round you select defensive players but that you put resources to that phase of the game rather than as an afterthought. And BTW the Chiefs don't win this last Super Bowl without their defense. Both Karlaftis drafted in the 1st round and Chris Jones drafted mid-2nd round were big reasons why the 49ers lost. I think a couple of defensive backs were big factors too.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We got a stud LT and another pick in the 70s
A- OR B+ depending on the pick.
They drafted Guyton, not a stud.

"considered something of a project" "he only earned a 59.0 PFF true pass-blocking grade.” he was called a "mental midget" by a scout

Very similar to the Taco and Mazi picks. Guyton is athletic but lacks technique. Only 15 starts in college, only 1 of those starts was LT. Strength alone won't save him at this level and lord help Dak if they indeed move him to LT.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's not necessarily which round you select defensive players but that you put resources to that phase of the game rather than as an afterthought. And BTW the Chiefs don't win this last Super Bowl without their defense. Both Karlaftis drafted in the 1st round and Chris Jones drafted mid-2nd round were big reasons why the 49ers lost. I think a couple of defensive backs were big factors too.
Didn't know Karlaftis was a 1st rounder. Good point.

Verdict

Reaction score
They drafted Guyton, not a stud.

"considered something of a project" "he only earned a 59.0 PFF true pass-blocking grade.” he was called a "mental midget" by a scout

Very similar to the Taco and Mazi picks. Guyton is athletic but lacks technique. Only 15 starts in college, only 1 of those starts was LT. Strength alone won't save him at this level and lord help Dak if they indeed move him to LT.
Maybe you are right. Can we go back and just forfeit our pick? What were the Cowboys thinking? They need to straight up and fly right.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe you are right. Can we go back and just forfeit our pick? What were the Cowboys thinking? They need to straight up and fly right.
Moving back for the extra pick helps. Please don't draft some broken dude in the 2nd. Don't draft some thug wanna be either.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Mountaineer is just Risen without the sense of humor. Or Risen without the proper medication. Take your pick. But let's not pretend we all didn't know that this would be his take. I wouldn't have bothered if they traded in to the top 3. I would have a problem if they had done that and then gotten the new franchise QB killed because they didn't have a LT to protect him.

rojan

Reaction score
LT is a top tier position when building a team. They are the highest paid position behind only QB, WR, and D Line.