Survival Plan

RaZon

Reaction score
Times are getting hard as we all know. Reminds me of the stories my granny would talk about back in the depression. Just yesterday it cost me 90 bucks to fill up my tank (Toyota T100 truck) that is my new PR when it comes to gas.

So here is what goes....

fast food
mouth wash
paper plates
yard sales
paper towels
expensive dog food
Jack Daneils whiskey, hello....Kesslers
If we need something we try to wait until we need a lot of stuff so it takes one trip.
no more movies
every dime is now important no more.......ya want it buy it.....that is over for right now.

I do have tons of Hard Times blues, so I'm set there. Tons of books to read.

It's a weird world isn't it? How many times have you.....are you kidding me....in the last week?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I filled up yesterday from almost empty for $181 in my Ram. It is only going to get worse…..:thumbdown:

Oh, I had to do three different transactions because only $80 is allowed at one time.

RaZon

Reaction score
I filled up yesterday from almost empty for $181 in my Ram. It is only going to get worse…..:thumbdown:

Oh, I had to do three different transactions because only $80 is allowed at one time.

Ouch!!!!!!!!

Have never had to even think about gas before it has always been a total non factor never thought about gas. Now it's a very big deal all of a sudden.

Was going to take a grand daughter yard saling tomorrow, well can't be doing that and she will be disappointed it's our thiing.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only time my dodge charger has gotten to or below half a tank was the day I bought it.
I fill up once a week and last week was the first time I spent over $20.
But these prices do suck. Some of my extra "fun" money is no longer available for my misfits t shirt collection :mad::p

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only time my dodge charger has gotten to or below half a tank was the day I bought it.
I fill up once a week and last week was the first time I spent over $20.
But these prices do suck. Some of my extra "fun" money is no longer available for my misfits t shirt collection :mad::p

I’ve always heard that it is best to run out most of the tank and not mix fuels. I don’t know if true or not but I will stick to that plan :muttley:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve always heard that it is best to run out most of the tank and not mix fuels. I don’t know if true or not but I will stick to that plan :muttley:

Have not done that in years. Fords, Chevy and now Dodge... never had an issue with it.

It started years ago when I had a crappy camaro berlinetta where the fuel gauge was bad so I had to make sure to fill up once a week just be sure I had gas lol.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
back in 2015-2017 time frame, I had been listening to the U.N. agenda's and other policy making groups like them. They were talking about how there would be food shortages, and a major rise in food costs in the early 2020's. I thought a lot about it, and wondered how they could know something like that so far ahead in time. It was beyond calculating grain shortages and the like. I have watched and listened to policies and events since then, and I am convinced these groups make long term plans, and implement them step by step. As Shakespeare said, the world is a giant stage. I have also been in extremely heavy Biblical studies + the relation to secular history since that time, which i will not get into on here, but to say that these long term plans span generations going as far back in history as we know about, if the history we get is even true. And it all goes back to the same groups

If you listen to groups now like the world economic forum, the U.N., etc, watch the technological control system in China that is spreading to other countries, and etc, they tell you what is being implemented. I think the current U.N. agenda is 2030, Klaus Scwaub and the world economic forum agenda is around 2030. They say stuff like, " by 2030 you will own nothing, and like it" The biggest owners of farmland in the US is bill gates and china. Gates and others are big into fake meat and all that crap. They are genetically engineering our food,and regulating good healthy food production. They are moving towards owning the air we breath, water, soil, and minerals.

All this being said, I think there is a step by step plan including current events and events of the past 2 years, to bring in a new economical and technological control systems, a new order of things. If you look at our own country, when they have those periodic scares of the government shutting down, it is because they can not pay the interest on the debt. Anytime you see these new billion/trillion dollar plans coming out, that money does not exist. The federal reserve is printing fake money, and flooding the m1 money supply. It is all a show. The past few years we have heard that the pandemic, supply line, truckers, ukraine/russia are all responspible for inflation. But not 1 thing about the Federal Reserve

I have started my planning to adjust to rising costs by buying meat in bulk during sales, and cooking large soups, stews, and chilis. 5 times the size I used to. I am starting to can meats and the big pots of stuff, and using vacuum sealers. I have also been contemplating buying a hand mill, and getting grains in bulk. By doing this i can eat completely organic meals from 3-6 dollars a meal. I am new to this, and still working it out for long term use, but if I stop eating junk and eating out, it looks like I can eat cheaper and better than I did before the current inflation of the last 2years.

I can't do anything about gas, but as pete buttewhatever said in relation to being energy independent, "they don't want a permanent solution to the temporary problem" and removing all taxes on gas to lower prices will never happen either

Last edited:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I'm glad I got rid of my Dodge pickup and bought a Nissan Rogue. It's literally twice as efficient.
I had a Durango got terrible gas mileage Have a frontier now it does a lot better And bought a Honda CRV when I retired gets close to 40 mpg highway Glad I bought it now I drive both until the low fuel light comes on every now and then. Then add a bottle of Lucas and fill up That stuff works great and get better gas mileage when you use it

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Shotgun shells
Canned tuna and bottled water
Un-fuel efficient V8 F150, but it can tow a house and run over anyone.
Fenced in house with security system and loyal German Shepherds guarding it.
Come and get me.

RaZon

Reaction score
Cheap dog food got me a dirty look. I hate this!

Wife,,,,,they will eat it when they get hungry.

Already missing paper plates.

Poverty sucks!

I don't fish but can learn, hold it....the gas to get to the lake, so forget that. And would have to buy the gear, yep dumb idea.

Knock off cokes and yogurt and Clamato, guess I can make it.

Wife talking about getting rid my Pontiac, I confess we don't need it, more a guilty pleasure

2003-pontiac-grand-prix-pic-35845-1600x1200.jpeg

What ask 3000 take 2500?

Last edited:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cheap dog food got me a dirty look. I hate this!

Wife,,,,,they will eat it when they get hungry.

Already missing paper plates.

Poverty sucks!

I don't fish but can learn, hold it....the gas to get to the lake, so forget that. And would have to buy the gear, yep dumb idea.

Knock off cokes and yogurt and Clamato, guess I can make it.

Wife talking about getting rid my Pontiac, I confess we don't need it, more a guilty pleasure

2003-pontiac-grand-prix-pic-35845-1600x1200.jpeg

What ask 3000 take 2500?

We all have our guilty pleasures. I'm not going anywhere without my stamp collection.