Suspended LB Rolando McClain wants to play again, source says

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
If he can help then yes, if he cannot then no. If he's better than any linebacker not named Lee, then yes. If Gachkar , Wilson, and Hitchens are better than him then no

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Would he feel that way if we were 1-8? Because if not, I just can't see him being in any serious shape. Not to mention, is he really the guy we want on defense when we actually face some adversity?

TheDoctor

Reaction score
Why not? We know the kind of intensity he can bring when he's on the field. The entire team along with the coaches and Jerry should have one big meeting, whether they all want him back or not, everyone's opinion must be heard. If Garrett and the team truly wants him back then if he's ready to get in shape, give him a try..but under one circumstance; he will definitely be cut in the offseason.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Would he feel that way if we were 1-8? Because if not, I just can't see him being in any serious shape. Not to mention, is he really the guy we want on defense when we actually face some adversity?

LB coach fly to Alabama can confirm his condition.
If he is fit, then we can keep an open mind.
If he is activated and becomes a distraction even a little, cut him.

Iago33

Reaction score
I hear you... It's classic "JJ speak" lol. TBH-- I am pretty indifferent about Ro. Everybody that wants him cut now will stand up and cheer the first time he grabs an INT or gets a sack.

Every team can handle a few "bad boys"-- and so I don't think adding Ro will disrupt our chemistry. He's done his time, so I am ok with giving him another shot to stick. I'm also fine if the team moves on. Get that decision too...
The same thing was said about Hardy, and we are finding out that he may have caused a ripple effect--or at least been a part of it. Why would we invite trouble back into the locker room?

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't he already under contract? So, if he is eligible to return Monday, why would the Cowboys prevent him from returning (on his own) without cutting him?

Seems to me, if he shows up they let him in, give him a physical, test his conditioning, determine whether to let him return to practice (if he is in shape) on a limited basis, or cut him.

Personally, I don't think he shows.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would want someone with his poor work ethic anywhere near this group of young players that don't know what quit means......Rolando is the epitome of quit

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The same thing was said about Hardy, and we are finding out that he may have caused a ripple effect--or at least been a part of it. Why would we invite trouble back into the locker room?

As I said-- I am fine either way. If he's in shape and motivated-- he can add a nice piece to our LBer corps. We are pretty thin across the board there.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I think people are completely missing the fact that he could have been here in DAL working out the whole time but he never even bothered to show up for Training Camp....I have no interest in him now except getting his salary cap money back

johnnygt

Reaction score
Its a money thing but whatever. Also maybe from Cowboys perspective short week might as well wait until after Thanksgiving,with that said we also play the following thursday as well so who knows.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If he's in relatively good shape, and ready to go, IMO, it would be silly to not bring him back. We need help at that spot badly.

John813

Reaction score
If he's in relatively good shape, and ready to go, IMO, it would be silly to not bring him back. We need help at that spot badly.

What ever happened to Mark Nzeocha?
Thought he could of challenged for the starting spot the way he played in PS.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Can't hurt to explore the option. If the room is as tight as we think it is it can absorb a questionable attitude as long as the effort and results are there.

Plankton

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I think people are completely missing the fact that he could have been here in DAL working out the whole time but he never even bothered to show up for Training Camp....I have no interest in him now except getting his salary cap money back

Yea, any renewed interest, likely just has to do with the success the team is having.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
If he is able to make a difference and the team is ok with it, then why not

BlueStar22

Reaction score
If he can play, I'd take him for this run and be done with him after the season. We need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.