RELEASED T.J. Vasher released

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO Vasher was never a serious candidate to make the team. As a big Texas Tech fan, I watched every game he played in college and although I loved him at Tech, he had these huge holes in his game:
  • Although he could make the occasional spectacular catch, he also had trouble making routine receptions, which is actually more important than the one handed highlights fans love.
  • He had difficulty with press coverage in college and without a lot of speed or strength could be bottled up fairly easily at this level.
  • He never played STs in college and showed no tangible ST skills in camp.
  • Took plays off and was never a good downfield blocker.
I wish Vasher well. Loved him at Tech but honestly, he’s not an NFL receiver.

Last edited:

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
IMO Vasher was never a serious candidate to make the team. As a big Texas Tech fan, I watched every game he played in college and although I loved him at Tech, he had these huge holes in his game:
  • Although he could make the occasional spectacular catch, he also had trouble making routine receptions, which is actually more important than the one handler highlights fans love.
  • He had difficulty with press coverage in college and without a lot of speed or strength could be bottled up fairly easily at this level.
Great insight from someone who would be credible. I always like the opinions of guys who were fans of a player's college team.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
  • Although he could make the occasional spectacular catch, he also had trouble making routine receptions, which is actually more important than the one handler highlights fans love.

Don’t forget that he was also hurt a lot. That, and he disappeared for long stretches.

Like you, I didn’t think he’d be a good NFL receiver.

I tried to tell Cowboys fans not to get caught up in his measurables.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Seems accurate. Didn't see much of his college play, but, based on what you're talking about, he's a player that should develop in other leagues too for the time being. Once he gets those leagues a bit better, he can probably develop later. For now, I think the CFL might be a good place for him, and there are Canadian teams like Edmonton that need WR help.

817Gill

Reaction score
He made some plays. When he did, he absolutely dominated. His issue was consistency. If he can establish that, he could become viable.
No like he didn’t make any plays after the first few practices. Multiple insiders said he disappeared.

He made a couple of highlight reel plays due to his size but at the end of the day he’s not an NFL WR.

But hey if he’s a pet cat I understand the feeling, not gonna go back and forth too much about it.

817Gill

Reaction score
  • Although he could make the occasional spectacular catch, he also had trouble making routine receptions, which is actually more important than the one handed highlights fans love.
Exactly what made him basically a non-story after the first week or so of camp.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
After the first couple weeks of camp this news would surprise me, but he seemed to fade down the stretch. Likely headed to the practice squad.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No like he didn’t make any plays after the first few practices. Multiple insiders said he disappeared.

He made a couple of highlight reel plays due to his size but at the end of the day he’s not an NFL WR.

But hey if he’s a pet cat I understand the feeling, not gonna go back and forth too much about it.
He's a better WR than James Washington, yet that injury prone clown is still on this team for some weird reason. Don't act as if this team makes the smartest decisions, because it doesn't many times.

817Gill

Reaction score
He's a better WR than James Washington, yet that injury prone clown is still on this team for some weird reason. Don't act as if this team makes the smartest decisions, because it doesn't many times.
Oh yeah you’re delusional lol James Washington is an NFL quality WR, unfortunately Vasher is not.

Don’t be Dak attack and pine for a guy who’s soon to be out of the league. At least James has played and contributed in real NFL games. Did Vasher have 5 total catches all preseason?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

O, rue!
We shall regret releasing Vasher.

TJVash!! Rough Ridahs Boyz Wichy Falls!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Why don't you pine about our wunderkind Noah Brown who shows nothing in his 7th season and would be hard pressed to make others' rosters.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh yeah you’re delusional lol James Washington is an NFL quality WR, unfortunately Vasher is not.

Don’t be Dak attack and pine for a guy who’s soon to be out of the league. At least James has played and contributed in real NFL games. Did Vasher have 5 total catches all preseason?
James Washington sucks. What a waste. You can get better production from Noah Brown, Simi Fehoko or Jalen Tolbert without having to worry about injuries/availability, roster spot or salary cap space. Wisen up.