RELEASED T.J. Vasher released

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol what? James Washington has more catches and receiving yards in one season than all of those guys have in their whole careers combined. He had 44 catches for 753 yards in one season alone, all those guys combined don’t have that for their careers.

Not sure if you’re a young kid but if one guy is a professional WR who has actually made plays and has hundreds of snaps and the other guys have never made any real impact then sorry the guy shows actually done it is better until proven otherwise.
THE GUY ALWAYS GETS LEG INJURIES.

If he couldn't last at pass-heavy Pittsburgh, what makes you think he would contribute here?

817Gill

Reaction score
The timing of your criticism is typical. Kicking the dead horse is just what you do. Just saying. ;)
Don’t think I’ve ever been told that before lol not sure if you have the right poster?

I’ve been accused of being overly optimistic a few times but never the opposite. May be referring to the wrong poster.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wait, are you arguing that cutting Vasher was a big mistake?
I'm saying you can get the same production from Noah Brown, Simi Fehoko and Jalen Tolbert that you can get from the oft-injured James Washington.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Don’t think I’ve ever been told that before lol not sure if you have the right poster?

I’ve been accused of being overly optimistic a few times but never the opposite. May be referring to the wrong poster.
Nope, unlike you, I critique the post and not the poster.

Sydla

Reaction score
Red Zone capability.

Vasher has high level red zone capabilities?

He's a JAG. Like Brown and Houston and Fehoko. If they cut Fehoko and kept Vasher, it wouldn't be that big of a deal either.

The way this board latches onto interchangeable players is laughable. Like the Wright fan group.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He's a JAG. Like Brown and Houston and Fehoko. If they cut Fehoko and kept Vasher, it wouldn't be that big of a deal either.

The way this board latches onto interchangeable players is laughable. Like the Wright fan group.
I don't know if Wright is interchangeable. Dude is historically tall for a CB. If he ever finds something he does well, there is a possibility that no one else will be able to do that one thing

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Wright has potential. You don't see it? Did you play football?

817Gill

Reaction score
Nope, unlike you, I critique the post and not the poster.
Yeah I’m not sure we are talking about the same thing seems like you’re thinking of someone else or some other post.

But good day to ya sir

Sydla

Reaction score
Wright has potential. You don't see it? Did you play football?

A lot of guys have "potential" but mostly just end up floating around as JAGs and backups. The odds are that Wright will never be anything more than a backup/STs type player. Just like the odds are Vasher would never be anything more than a 5th or 6th WR type in this league. And by the way, there is nothing wrong with that.......... teams need those type of guys. No one has a future all pro on the 3rd or 4th string.

Joseph has "potential", probably more than Wright, and he's not exactly lighting the world on fire. Shoot, Morris Claiborne had loads of potential and he is nothing more than a decent, at best, CB in this league.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A lot of guys have "potential" but mostly just end up floating around as JAGs and backups. The odds are that Wright will never be anything more than a backup/STs type player. Just like the odds are Vasher would never be anything more than a 5th or 6th WR type in this league. And by the way, there is nothing wrong with that.......... teams need those type of guys. No one has a future all pro on the 3rd or 4th string.

Joseph has "potential", probably more than Wright, and he's not exactly lighting the world on fire. Shoot, Morris Claiborne had loads of potential and he is nothing more than a decent, at best, CB in this league.
Very true. The thing with Wright is if you can improve his foot speed/quickness, this will improve his ability to better stay with opposing receivers better, thus eliminating his need to grab and commit fouls. This in turn would greatly improve his ability to become a much better CB based on skill alone. Then add his extra height and length? Voila! You will have a super top notch and rare CB! That is most likely what Dan Quinn is banking on building Wright into.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Very true. The thing with Wright is if you can improve his foot speed/quickness, this will improve his ability to better stay with opposing receivers better, thus eliminating his need to grab and commit fouls. This in turn would greatly improve his ability to become a much better CB based on skill alone. Then add his extra height and length? Voila! You will have a super top notch and rare CB! That is most likely what Dan Quinn is banking on building Wright into.
Arent his legs like 6'2 of his 6'4 total?