Twitter: T.J. Vasher with another spectacular drop

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
AKA ZERO separation by Vasher. He is lucky they had a smaller DB on him, if they would have put Kearse or another bigger safety he wouldn’t have even gotten pass 5 yards.
This is the result of not having a practice setting on your Madden game.

Flamma

Reaction score
The ball hit his hand in the center, he can’t catch. This isn’t basketball where you can post up with that twig body.

He seems to be scared of getting hit. Turnip is a more physical player than this guy.

LOL!!! That's how I always read his name, Turnip.

I must have hit replay 30 times to see what happened. I can't tell if the DB touched his arms or not. Because Vasher's hands look somewhat spasmatic catching the ball. So I am trying to see if the DB had anything to do with that.

links18

Reaction score
Does the Op have a vendetta against just Vasher and CD or is it our entire receiver corps?

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Listening to the audio it sounds like two bricks hitting each other instead of a football hitting soft hands. That ball wasn't going to be caught even if there wasn't a defender there.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
You and I didn't see the same play, it seems. I saw Vasher run a perfect route. He was told to expect the ball low and away not high. This poorly thrown ball should have been picked.
I’m curious how do you know what Vassar was told? Just how?? I don’t know what the call was or was supposed to be, but that ball definitely looked like a fade to the back corner, not even close to “low and away”. I also don’t think it was dropped more then a good play by the CB. If you have video scrupping like iPhone, you can slow the video down frame by frame and you’ll see the CB hit the right arm of Vassar as he closes as hands around the ball, forcing his right hand down and allowing his left hand only to touch the ball. That is why the ball is batted to the right. It doesn’t look like a bad pass or a drop. It looks like a good play by the CB

My god people on this forum with so much conjecture it’s maddening.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Listening to the audio it sounds like two bricks hitting each other instead of a football hitting soft hands. That ball wasn't going to be caught even if there wasn't a defender there.

It hit his hand and he dropped it. My main issue is that all the WRs are the same build , average speed, & dropping balls consistently.

zn3M4sx

erod

Reaction score
Wasn't there at one time defenses dropped more balls against us then any other team? I don't know if that is true.....but interesting if do.
When you jump a route and the ball isn't where it's supposed to be, it's tough on everybody. :laugh:

erod

Reaction score

It hit his hand and he dropped it. My main issue is that all the WRs are the same build , average speed, & dropping balls consistently.

zn3M4sx

It's been a six-year problem. Happened with Dez and Witten, too.

When the quarterback is throwing fastballs and changeups in an unpredictably broad catch radius, it's tough to adjust your hands to.

Even for defenders, who drop interceptions against Dak all the time.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
It's been a six-year problem. Happened with Dez and Witten, too.

When the quarterback is throwing far balls and changeups in an unpredictably broad catch radius, it's tough to adjust your hands to.

Even for defenders, who drop interceptions against Dak all the time.

That’s why a smaller shifter WR with speed can do more things with smaller error of margins.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m curious how do you know what Vassar was told? Just how?? I don’t know what the call was or was supposed to be, but that ball definitely looked like a fade to the back corner, not even close to “low and away”. I also don’t think it was dropped more then a good play by the CB. If you have video scrupping like iPhone, you can slow the video down frame by frame and you’ll see the CB hit the right arm of Vassar as he closes as hands around the ball, forcing his right hand down and allowing his left hand only to touch the ball. That is why the ball is batted to the right. It doesn’t look like a bad pass or a drop. It looks like a good play by the CB

My god people on this forum with so much conjecture it’s maddening.
Agreed. Not sure how anyone says low and away anywhere in the endzone accept pylon. Or how they know a route was busted that bad.

My opinion....a good play by qb, wr, and db. It happens. :D

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All NFL head coaches, quarterbacks and receivers say if you can get two hands on the ball, then thats supposed to be caught.

In this video, he got two hands on the ball and dropped it, so the quarterback did his job. It was clearly the receivers fault.
No, if you watch the video frame by frame, the DB yanked his arm after he had initially caught the ball.

It's very difficult to see. You can't even see if in slow motion. Only frame by frame.

Legal play by the DB because it was after Vasher had the ball.