Twitter: T.J. Vasher with another spectacular drop

erod

Reaction score
Witten's catch percentage was above his career average in the years that Dak was the QB.
Because he was reduced to 5-yard hitch routes. He dropped passes that we never saw before

GINeric

Reaction score
Even witb that said.... when the coaches watch film, they're going to say, "you got 2 hands on the ball, why didn't you bring it in"?

He's not going to explain to the coach that the DB snatched his arm because he knows the coaching staff ain't hearing that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But the routes got way shorter.
Your post was that Witten dropped more ball with Dak as the QB.

That is statistically false.

Your original statement contained nothing regarding route length.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Even witb that said.... when the coaches watch film, they're going to say, "you got 2 hands on the ball, why didn't you bring it in"?

He's not going to explain to the coach that the DB snatched his arm because he knows the coaching staff ain't hearing that.

Coaches aren't morons like the average fan.

They will most likely be focusing on the separation along with the throw. The "two hands on football hurr" ignores a lot of factors going outside of just the catch.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if Dak Attack is actually a hater posing as a fan, or a troll just being a troll -- either way, it's annoying. :thumbdown:

It's hard to imagine how anyone so dissatisfied with everything about a team would take the trouble to be such a constant nuisance!

I guess some of us simply require constant attention, even if it means doing so in an extremely negative frame of mind. Seems insane.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if Dak Attack is actually a hater posing as a fan, or a troll just being a troll -- either way, it's annoying. :thumbdown:

It's hard to imagine how anyone so dissatisfied with everything about a team would take the trouble to be such a constant nuisance!

I guess some of us simply require constant attention, even if it means doing so in an extremely negative frame of mind. Seems insane.

Seems more like he gets fixated on certain players and argues around that. Right now he has a favorite WR so now every other WR sucks.

GINeric

Reaction score
Coaches aren't morons like the average fan.

They will most likely be focusing on the separation along with the throw. The "two hands on football hurr" ignores a lot of factors going outside of just the catch.

No coaches aren't morons and coaches won't ***** and moan about it in training camp.... but if this same play happened during the season more than once, then he would be benched. He doesn't have the long leash of a 1st round star, he has to work twice as hard.

This is the NFL, no time for excuses. If the DB snatched your arm this time to get the ball out, get stronger for the next time that happens in the future so you'll be able to bring that ball in when you get two hands on it. That should have been a completion in lots of great coaches eyes.

You're right about one thing tho... coaches definitely aren't morons like the average fan.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Seems more like he gets fixated on certain players and argues around that. Right now he has a favorite WR so now every other WR sucks.

Interesting analysis . . . in any event, it's a tough nut to crack. He has many of our members scratching their heads, that's for sure.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m curious how do you know what Vassar was told? Just how?? I don’t know what the call was or was supposed to be, but that ball definitely looked like a fade to the back corner, not even close to “low and away”. I also don’t think it was dropped more then a good play by the CB. If you have video scrupping like iPhone, you can slow the video down frame by frame and you’ll see the CB hit the right arm of Vassar as he closes as hands around the ball, forcing his right hand down and allowing his left hand only to touch the ball. That is why the ball is batted to the right. It doesn’t look like a bad pass or a drop. It looks like a good play by the CB

My god people on this forum with so much conjecture it’s maddening.
I have recordings of the huddle conversation and transcripts of said conversation certified by a written signed statement by Mike McCarthy saying that is exactly what happened on that exact play... NOT! What do you want from me? I overheard that's what happened. I can't prove it any more than you can disprove it. Is this really what you want to argue about? lol

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No coaches aren't morons and coaches won't ***** and moan about it in training camp.... but if this same play happened during the season more than once, then he would be benched. He doesn't have the long leash of a 1st round star, he has to work twice as hard.

This is the NFL, no time for excuses. If the DB snatched your arm this time to get the ball out, get stronger for the next time that happens in the future so you'll be able to bring that ball in when you get two hands on it. That should have been a completion in lots of great coaches eyes.

You're right about one thing tho... coaches definitely aren't morons like the average fan.

So let's stop thinking they go along with "Two hands on football" - for example, if a WR is running full speed one direction and the QB throws behind the WR and the WR has to contort his body just to get two hands on the ball and stop in his tracks and drops it - the problem was the throw.

It's just something fans like to toss around and it kills play analysis.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Seen some pretty great catches from TJ as well. Seems like you're working an agenda, my friend .. or simply trolling. Pretty good defense on that little route from my angle.

CWR

Reaction score

Sometimes he's overwhelming positive about the most mundane players as well. He's kind of all over the place. I like the passion and all, but geez get a grip fella. Lol