T.J. Yeldon

Tezz

Reaction score
Greg Cosell likes Yeldon a lot has him as number two back knows in minority compares to Frank Gore. Likes Gordon but thinks it is difficult to project players like him and Telvin Coleman because breaking 50+ yard runs in college just isn't sustainable in NFL brought up Darren Mcfadden as an example of a player that has struggled because he was used to running through gaping holes in college. Jay Ajayi is probably Cosell's number three back

IAmLegend

Reaction score
And I read a couple of times "Alabama RB's are overrated" - Trent Richardson has fallen off the map, but Mark Ingram and Eddie Lacy are very good backs

Exactly. Plus, the whole "Don't draft a player because a couple other players from the same school have underachieved" logic is borderline idiotic tbh. You examine each player individually, period.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've completely changed my mind on this player.

He's not going to have the electric highlight reel runs like Gordon has but his overall game is better.

People say Gordon is a strong runner but he looks weak between the tackles to me.

Put on any game with Yeldon and he falls forward after contact and is excellent in traffic.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've completely changed my mind on this player.

He's not going to have the electric highlight reel runs like Gordon has but his overall game is better.

People say Gordon is a strong runner but he looks weak between the tackles to me.

Put on any game with Yeldon and he falls forward after contact and is excellent in traffic.

Which round could he be had?

BigD5

Reaction score
Mark ingrams problem is the saints spread about 15-20 carries a game between 3 or 4 RBs.

I have no idea why he resigned with NOLA. He could be really good in a more run oriented offense that features a zone running scheme

rickster14

Reaction score
Being an Auburn fan, Im a bit biased against Yeldon. I can't argue, however, about his talent.

He does not seem to have breakaway speed, but is a pretty solid back. Catches better than most I've seen.

Woods

Reaction score
I like Yeldon with our 2nd. He has good footwork, is nifty for a big back, can definitely run between the tackles, and it seems he can catch pretty well.

I agree that he's probably no Dorsett or E Smith in terms of being a "star", but I think he, along with McFadden, Williams, etc should be able to get the job done in the ground game. I'm good with Ajayi as well, by the way.

As of today, I'm thinking we go either CB or LB in Round 1 (because I think the value will probably be there), and RB in Round 2 or Round 3.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have them rated for our Oline guys that get the dirty yards
Gurley
Ajayi
Yeldon
Buck Allen

Mike Davis gets a lot of yards where it appears none are available. It's not really by powering though per se, but he just seems to work his way though to find yardage.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Mike Davis gets a lot of yards where it appears none are available. It's not really by powering though per se, but he just seems to work his way though to find yardage.

He definitely seems to finish off strong. Is he better than what we currently have on the roster, though?

Plankton

Reaction score
Have them rated for our Oline guys that get the dirty yards
Gurley
Ajayi
Yeldon
Buck Allen

Buck Allen is an interesting player. Good size and decent speed, and was very productive as both a runner and receiver this past year. He also hasn't had a lot of carries through his career, so he should have a lot of tread left on the tires. It's a little concerning that it took him three years to really break out, but he would be interesting in the mid rounds.

After a guy like David Johnson, I would give Allen a look.