T NEW needs to keep his big mouth shut... recap added

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theogt;2483556 said:
Right, because if you question why TO (and other receivers) isn't getting more passes, you're automatically against Romo.

No kidding. Romo and Newman are good buddies, hanging out and playing golf together.

Newman is always a great teammate and has everyone's back. Knowing this ******** show, you know the focus was on TO being disruptive and I'm sure TN was just disputing that.

Or maybe he's just a rat like Alex thinks. :rolleyes:

And to tyke's post, which wasn't up when I first posted... He seriously said the players have no respect for the coaches? Somehow I doubt that... No offense.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
CATCH17;2483555 said:
I don't think its that.

Im a Tony, TO, and Jason guy.

But I do find myself yellng about Owens not getting the ball.

He should get the ball more than what he does.

Brian Broadus said after he reviewed film that Patrick Crayton was open a lot vs Pittsburgh and just didn't get the ball thrown to him.

There is validity to the receivers nots getting the ball.

(Clap Clap Clap) I am right there with you. The funny thing about this whole episode is too many people are choosing sides. The truth is ALWAYS in the middle. Romo does restrict his reads a lot when under fire (as many Qbs do) and TO et al are being a bit silly.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2483565 said:
I don't know what ESPN channel you are watching but I have yet to see Newman on my screen. It's 54" I'm sure I'm not missing him.

:laugh2:

jimmy40

Reaction score
CATCH17;2483555 said:
Brian Broadus said after he reviewed film that Patrick Crayton was open a lot vs Pittsburgh and just didn't get the ball thrown to him.

I'm sure the 3rd or 4th option is open a lot for every offense, how many QBs have that much time?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Alexander;2483569 said:
So now we have a player uprising against Wade Phillips and his staff?

What a dysfunctional mess if true.
I think he's talking about Garrett, in particular. Not Wade, who takes blame all the time.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
It's becoming more apparent that the team is split between TO and Romo. This team is starving for veteran leadership from its coach and veteran players, but there's nothing there.

There's no possible way this season ends well. Best case scenario is a one and done wild card. A disgrace considering the talent level on the roster.

Newman needs to look in the mirror. Earlier this week, he was eager to lend his 2 cents on the struggles in the Pitt game, but made no reference to the enormous play he gave up.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
CATCH17;2483555 said:

There is validity to the receivers nots getting the ball.

Has anybody factored in how many hurries, pressures, and knock downs Romo dealt with this last game? Maybe he didn't have enough time to find open receivers...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
triplets92;2483570 said:
he wasn't there it was a phone interview

My question is why is Terrence Newman doing phone interviews with ESPN? That is one organization that has specialized in stirring up drama with this team that it is not even amusing anymore.

Wood

Reaction score
here is an idea....how about getting Romo some pass protection and he will have the TIME to find those open guys.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
You don't have to put anything in the "Title" line of your post.

triplets92

Reaction score
Alexander;2483581 said:
My question is why is Terrence Newman doing phone interviews with ESPN? That is one organization that has specialized in stirring up drama with this team that it is not even amusing anymore.

EXACTLY!!!! thats my point. why would yo go to the source of the drama with "your 2 cents"

Alexander

Reaction score
CIWhitefish;2483575 said:
Romo does restrict his reads a lot when under fire (as many Qbs do) and TO et al are being a bit silly.

In a pressure situation the QB is going to go to the player he trusts will be in synch with him. Often that player comes back to the ball. Just because Crayton is running his assigned route perfectly and gets open does not mean that Romo is physically capable of getting him the ball. Case in point, Roy Williams in the back of the endzone when Romo threw it left handed.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2483578 said:
I think he's talking about Garrett, in particular. Not Wade, who takes blame all the time.

No, wades big *** is on TV saying he knows nothing about any of this.
He has no clue what to do as HC.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2483580 said:
Has anybody factored in how many hurries, pressures, and knock downs Romo dealt with this last game? Maybe he didn't have enough time to find open receivers...

Honestly other than a few plays, Pittsburgh didnt get much pressure on the QB.

I think anybody that watched that game and hadnt seen either team play much would have to conclude that Dallas had a far superior pass rush to Pittsburgh's.

Alexander

Reaction score
triplets92;2483589 said:
EXACTLY!!!! thats my point. why would yo go to the source of the drama with "your 2 cents"

I thought your point really was that the team is getting divided.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Wood;2483585 said:
here is an idea....how about getting Romo some pass protection and he will have the TIME to find those open guys.

Yup, that is one thing that might help.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2483592 said:
That's not true, Dave. Don't let your dislike of him overrule the facts.

In his presser yesterday, he did respond to the meetings situation. He'll probably address this other nonsense in his presser today.

Wade Phillips: 'I think you're making too much out of it'

3:23 PM Thu, Dec 11, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Today's news that Terrell Owens, Patrick Crayton and Roy Williams met with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett doesn't seem like that big of a surprise, really. They're concerned that Tony Romo looks for Jason Witten perhaps too much.

Witten is a star tight end, no question. But does he have almost 100 receptions last season without Romo? If anything, Patrick Crayton has the most legit beef considering how wide open he was on the second-to-last drive that ended with Deshea Townsend's interception. Crayton was also wide open down the seam on the final drive.

Anyway, coach Wade Phillips tried to downplay all of this rigmarole at today's news conference.

"Just because they have a discussion...and that's what it is, a discussion, not a gripe session," Phillips said. "I don't think it's relevant. I think you're making too much out of it. That's what I think."

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (15) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

The audio of Newman's interview will probably be on ESPN later today.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2483592 said:
I think you're missing something here. He was talking about coaches not taking blame. Wade does that. Whether he's on TV or not acting if he knows nothing is irrelevant.

Edit: I see you were owned by WG. LOL.