T NEW needs to keep his big mouth shut... recap added

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2483598 said:
I think you're missing something here. He was talking about coaches not taking blame. Wade does that. Whether he's on TV or not acting if he knows nothing is irrelevant.

Edit: I see you were owned by WG. LOL.

Yeah, do you have a television? Try watching it. It's right there for you to see. I forgot, the media cuts the clips to their agenda.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I can only hope that this leads to Romo exploding through the rest of this year and having a great finish for him, and the Cowboys, so that he can shut up all the doubters and put to rest all this silly business.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2483638 said:
I'm sitting here watching it. He said "I don't know any thing about it."
Then went on to say "we throw for a lot of yards"

Then just blah blah blah.
I see. Is that from today's presser or yesterdays?

Maybe one of the beat writers will blog it later so I can get a feel for the context of the comments.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2483642 said:
Yeah, do you have a television? Try watching it. It's right there for you to see. I forgot, the media cuts the clips to their agenda.
Really? After you were already completely owned, you keep going?

Wow. PS, even saying he doesn't know anything about it (which he clearly does and has stated he does) has nothing to do with Newman's quote. He was talking about taking blame. You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2483642 said:

Would you be in favor of Cowher coming here? Or how about Steve Spagnuola or Ron Rivera?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2483649 said:
Ah no cable at your house eh?

Well I know there's internet at yours... And every PC is archived in full at DC.com for all to see.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2483573 said:
Or maybe he's just a rat like Alex thinks. :rolleyes:

A rat? I didn't say that.

I question why he feels compelled to discuss this issue on ESPN. I'd really like a clear rational reason why this is possibly good for the team.

I have great respect for Romo keeping a low profile throughout this mess. Newman and others speaking about our dirty laundry to a predatory media is hardly productive and does us no good.

Instead of rallying around media criticism and taking the unified front the Giants did through their turmoil last season, what exactly are we doing? Everyone seems like they want to get their face time and feel like their opinion is something that needs to get out there. They used us against the world as a theme. I don't see that from this Cowboys team. And it is back on the weak leadership and from what I see are too many personalities.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Alexander;2483656 said:

I question why he feels compelled to discuss this issue on ESPN. I'd really like a clear rational reason why this is possibly good for the team.

I have great respect for Romo keeping a low profile throughout this mess. Newman and others speaking about our dirty laundry to a predatory media is hardly productive and does us no good.

Instead of rallying around media criticism and taking the unified front the Giants did through their turmoil last season, what exactly are we doing? Everyone seems like they want to get their face time and feel like their opinion is something that needs to get out there. They used us against the world as a theme. I don't see that from this Cowboys team. And it is back on the weak leadership and from what I see are too many personalities.
The reason probably is that he doesn't think this has any impact on the team. What's said on ESPN has really no effect on what happens on the field on Sunday at all.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Alexander;2483656 said:

I'm off the TO-bandwagon, but I'm not going to blame him completely.

This team has so many problems you can pole holes through. Remember we had these same Dec woes even BEFORE he came.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I agree with that, Alex.

These guys get called up and asked to talk, and they just do it. They shouldn't, at least not right now. Because even if they mean well, it only takes one little less-than-perfectly-worded comment to get blown up.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
theogt;2483659 said:
The reason probably is that he doesn't think this has any impact on the team. What's said on ESPN has really no effect on what happens on the field on Sunday at all.

I'd like to believe this team is mentally strong enough to say that is the case but I don't see it. It just continues to keep the circus in town.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2483650 said:
Would you be in favor of Cowher coming here? Or how about Steve Spagnuola or Ron Rivera?

I liked Rivera and Singletary. Wade fails as HC every where he has been.
Starts out strong then fades quick.

triplets92

Reaction score
Boysboy;2483664 said:
I'm off the TO-bandwagon, but I'm not going to blame him completely.

This team has so many problems you can pole holes through. Remember we had these same Dec woes even BEFORE he came.

Every team has problems. you got Portis calling out Zorn, Plax shooting himself Mcnabb be a compleat doofus....maybe just every team in the NFC east

Reaction score
dbair1967;2483572 said:
He was right, Crayton was open for a couple of really big plays, inlcuding one fairly easy TD.

It's never going to be perfect, he isnt going to drop back 30 times, complete 30 passes and throw 10 tds. But he could do a little better of seeing the field I think. There are times he does lock on Owens or Witten (and most often it is Owens IMO) and throws a poor pass or has a pick, when even with the TV coverage you can see someone else who was open for an easy completion.

Like how you threw that in there...;)