T.O. explains tears...

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I don't understand the skepticism over a loss of a family member. Since when has T.O. EVER cried over something selfish in nature? He's never cried for finally getting the ball, not getting the ball or being mad at a teammate. He'll scowl, do situps in the drive way and yell, but cry?

I'm not sure why anyone has to defend themselves for being upset over losing a family member?

Reaction score
Of course nothing is on ESPN.com....

I cant stand those Putz's.. Always making TO look like a scumbag while promoting the Red Sox and Pats.

They blow...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2317222 said:
T.O. Is A Victim…Again

I give Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens a lot of credit, he knows how to play the blame game and make sure he is always in a position of being a victim when things get hot.

Michael Irvin has a radio show in DFW and he is an unabashed T.O. apologist. Today, Irvin had T.O. so he could explain his press conference and how the media is “trying to divide this team”.

Owens said part of his tears and emotions Sunday were the loss of a family member. He did not say who the family member was during the radio interview.

Click here to listen.
Holy cow, what a miserable human being.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
zrinkill;2316920 said:
I said all week long when he pointed to heaven and did nothing else after the TD that someone died.

People owe him an apology.

he was relatively subdued

as an aside, I wonder if a player has ever pointed to the ground after a death if that person knew the person who died was a bad person and went to hell ;)

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Paniolo22;2316908 said:
and that is exactly what it looked like. Pretty sad how the media jumped to conclusions that he was crying because of some aspect of "not getting the ball enough".

Sadder still that so many in here were eager to believe the worst... I do hope some of them feel as petty as they are right now...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2317336 said:
I wonder if a player has ever pointed to the ground after a death if that person knew the person who died was a bad person and went to hell ;)

I just went thru a death of my mother-in-law last week, I so loved that lady, the oldest half-sister and her grim-reapin' husband were complete, soul-less, psychotic grave diggers. I could go on............but it does me no good.

Anywho it got to the point where I mentioned that when they're clinging to life; and they hear that voice..........don't bother lookin' up.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread topic..............

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Along with Watkins,ESPN, and the rest of that pond scum, you can add Dale Hansen.

Sunday night, he and Coach Joe had a nice TO bashing session. Hansen went so far as to call Owens a "team cancer." Dale said Owen has been a cancer on ever team he has been on.:mad:

I think Hansen and those like him are the real cancer:starspin

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Family Loss - and related sporting games can bring this about.

I know 10 years ago after my father passed away of a heart attack that I had a similar experience. I was at the time a year later with a job move not really at my best golf game wise. At my course Memorial tornaments are a big thing and I was that at pops 1st Memorial against a slew of golfers better than me.

That day, I was on a mission almost caddyshacklike and set out to and had a near career best round. Shot a 71 and won the tournament -

Those not knowing my situation might not have known why is that guy tearing up after a great round. Those that new the story behind it all got it.

I can see how this happens - TO's TD was his way of expression of grief and in a way honoring the family member passed. Very Human emotion, see Favre and last week the placekicker.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Nors;2317539 said:
Family Loss - and related sporting games can bring this about.

I know 10 years ago after my father passed away of a heart attack that I had a similar experience. I was at the time a year later with a job move not really at my best golf game wise. At my course Memorial tornaments are a big thing and I was that at pops 1st Memorial against a slew of golfers better than me.

That day, I was on a mission almost caddyshacklike and set out to and had a near career best round. Shot a 71 and won the tournament -

Those not knowing my situation might not have known why is that guy tearing up after a great round. Those that new the story behind it all got it.

I can see how this happens - TO's TD was his way of expression of grief and in a way honoring the family member passed. Very Human emotion, see Favre and last week the placekicker.
Great 21,000th post, Nors.

Shanle? ;)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I'm almost teary eyed again - dangit

2009 might be the year for our 6th Lombardi and I'm still young enough to make another run at that tournament....10th year anniversary trophy would be as sweet as the 1st.

yikes indeed 21,000 it was

This is a great thread in that these players are human too.
Just damn good football players.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
The Shanle still is a productive starter for the Saints. Thats one tough SOB that stacks up and never goes backwards at point of attack and can cover.

David276

Benched
Reaction score
espn is not a legitimate news organization. espn has about as much credibility as the E network and The View.

thekavorka

Reaction score
anyone have a link or can explain what Tom Jackson said about TO crying?

Boysboy

Reaction score
thekavorka;2317599 said:
anyone have a link or can explain what Tom Jackson said about TO crying?

It was on Sun night on SC where he and Berman would go through all the analysis of the games. I saw it-he said how TO's comments were 'troubled'.

The next day on 1st and 10, both Bayless AND one of the Stew brothers said the same thing, although the other Stew brother said how no matter what TO does, good or bad, he will almost always get alot of flack for it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2316910 said:
Nope. They'll turn this somehow into TO using this to become a distraction to the team.

I call attention to my earlier post to mention that I watched ESPN earlier today and they were talking to Mark Shlereth (I know I horribly miss spelled that) and just as I said they turned this into his actions, and his reactions, being something that would eventually be a problem for the team and distract them.

So now he's a distraction for crying after the loss of a family member. Way to stay classy ESPN.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Rod;2317013 said:
"Coming up on SportsCenter, TO uses death in the family to focus attention on himself instead of his team. Tom Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson explain why this most recent act is a veiled shot at Tony Romo."
Stuart Scott, is that you?:laugh2: :bow:

ilovejerry

Reaction score
YoMick;2316928 said:
Something looked different. I dont ever remember him point to the sky. So I knew it was different.

Feel bad for the guy. THAT pain sucks.

As far as the media... they wanted to create a "beginning of an emotional meltdown"..... via the crying
Thats where slick Tom Jackson was going

POS media

Good ole Wooden Teeth.... I stated many times my opinion on the Media...s-c-u-m B-a-g-.... Life suckers...and liars....
They pick a subject and twist it to what they want..That puke who is mentioned here constantly, the one who started the Aikman Gay rumour... still persists on thriving on that negative crap... All you need to do is not give them the Power...How do you do that ...Don'T watch them or read there garbage.......and then you wont get angry and they will have no power on you ...and they will fade away....