Taco Bell Is Not Mexican Food

Stautner

Reaction score
67CowboysFan;3583896 said:
There used to be a small chain of restaurants in the Houston area that made em fresh for you. They made a good meal great.

The mom and pop places are the way to go, and it's not unusual for them to make their own tortillas. A number of restaraunts in my part of Texas do, and even the ones that don't buy from local tortilla makers.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
basstapp;3589636 said:
best food ever is chipolte btw... just throwing it out there

I eat there whenever I find one. One of these days I hope they will open one near me.

Hostile;3589810 said:
You're not supposed to drink at lunch.

I only drink diet coke

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
locked&loaded;3589842 said:
Who knew you had such a sophisticated pallet. :p:

I imagine I would enjoy the family restaurants but the price and sit down time is annoying. Also I dont like going out to eat.

true, I figured Hostile to be nothing more than a meat and taters kind of guy.

rkell87

Reaction score
nyc;3589646 said:
Yes and no. Yes if you get the right thing it can *taste* good, but no because they use piss poor quality meats.

I like their Barbacoa, especially in Tacos. (tasty with a little spiciness) The problem is the Tacos cost the same as the Burritos or Burritos Bowls, but are far less filling. :banghead:

I do eat the Burrito/Burrito Bowls too, but sometimes I don't want the rice and wish the Tacos were more filling. I would buy two orders of it, but costing the same price means it just isn't worth it.
just say no rice?

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score

What does a device to move, store or stack materials have to do with enjoying Mexican food?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score

I imagine I would enjoy the family restaurants but the price and sit down time is annoying. Also I dont like going out to eat.
There are places open 24 hours a day out here that are as cheap as Taco Smell and way better food quality.

I cannot understand how Tucson even has any Taco Bells Open. It has to be people from other states who don't know any better. No other plausible explanation.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3590012 said:
I had a Taco Bell Chicken Quesidilla meal at lunch, seems Mexican enough for me!
You wouldn't know Mexican food if it fell out of the sky and hit you in the mouth. You're north of the wrong border to know the difference.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
We have a place in Grand Prairie called Ninas family owned and operated nothing on the menu is bad its the real thing all food is family recipies

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If anyone ever asks me if I want to go to Taco Bell I always answer them the same way. "No, that stuff might get in my mouth."

Just say no to Taco Bell.

basstapp

Reaction score
Hostile;3590316 said:
If anyone ever asks me if I want to go to Taco Bell I always answer them the same way. "No, that stuff might get in my mouth."

Just say no to Taco Bell.

im sorry but chili cheese burritos are the most awesome on the go food ever.

urface59

Reaction score
So I just ate at Qdoaba and my mouth had an orgasm. Anyone ever ate there? It's just like Moes or Chipotle but way more authentic.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
basstapp;3590326 said:
You are right to apologize for saying crap like that.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
urface59;3590327 said:
So I just ate at Qdoaba and my mouth had an orgasm. Anyone ever ate there? It's just like Moes or Chipotle but way more authentic.

Yes but I like Chipotle better

kristie

Reaction score
basstapp;3590326 said:

omg my husband loves chili cheese burritos! too bad the two taco bells in my town don't sell them anymore.:(

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kristie;3590564 said:
omg my husband loves chili cheese burritos! too bad the two taco bells in my town don't sell them anymore.:(
It's too bad there are Taco Bells in your hometown.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;3590837 said:
It's too bad there are Taco Bells in your hometown.

You're not Mexican how can you define Mexican food!?!?

Yes, I know that I'm not either! But at least I'm from Texas! Arizona is like Wal-Mart of Mexican food! Hell, Arizona is like Wal-Mart of anything! :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nyc;3590850 said:
You're not Mexican how can you define Mexican food!?!?

Yes, I know that I'm not either! But at least I'm from Texas! Arizona is like Wal-Mart of Mexican food! Hell, Arizona is like Wal-Mart of anything! :laugh2:
How much time have you spent in Mexico? I grew up 50 yards form the Mexican border and played sports in Mexico. I have been all over the country and I ate while I was in their country. My friends growing up are shocked that I didn't marry a Mexican girl. I've dated a lot of them. Texas doesn't have any more claim on Mexican food than Arizona does, and even if they did I still have actually been in the country to have a comparison reference.

Taco Bell is not Mexican food.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;3590902 said:
How much time have you spent in Mexico? I grew up 50 yards form the Mexican border and played sports in Mexico. I have been all over the country and I ate while I was in their country. My friends growing up are shocked that I didn't marry a Mexican girl. I've dated a lot of them. Texas doesn't have any more claim on Mexican food than Arizona does, and even if they did I still have actually been in the country to have a comparison reference.
No doubt here.
Hostile;3590902 said:
Taco Bell is not Mexican food.

Again, not doubt here.

One thing I've learned 100 times. (and believe me I have REAL Mexicans in my family (ie, illegal) Tex-Mex is 1,000x better than actual Mexican food.

Real Mexican food (and god knows I've been around it all my freakiig life, is bland if you remove the spicy part of it. By spicy part I mean Jalapeño falavor and the HEAT (ie spicy) part of it.

Salt in it self seems to be an after thought. Spend your life in Mexico and you can't deny that fact. Tex-Mex is absolute KING of anything Mexican food based.