Taco Bell Is Not Mexican Food

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3591568 said:
Hostile, anyone ever tell you that you take life way too seriously?
On the Internet, yes. In real life, I've been told the exact opposite almost daily. I joke non stop, every day, in every situation and no one takes me all that seriously.

Tell you anything about the Internet? It should.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile;3591580 said:
On the Internet, yes. In real life, I've been told the exact opposite almost daily. I joke non stop, every day, in every situation and no one takes me all that seriously.

so your persona of taking a stand and never changing it based on principles is just a facade and you really are a hedonist atheist who skanks on his wife?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Hostile;3591580 said:

:laugh2: Tells me that you take the Internet too seriously!

(I kid!)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3591655 said:
so your persona of taking a stand and never changing it based on principles is just a facade and you really are a hedonist atheist who skanks on his wife?
No, but at least you said something that could make me laugh.

On here, people take me very seriously because they think they can sway me with silly commentary. You can't. No one can. I'm simply not stupid. You have to be pretty convincing to make me think I have perceived something wrong.

That upsets people because they generally do not like their ideas questioned. But all ideas are open to question.

I am every bit as moralistic in real life as I am on here. I have my principles and they are not for sale at any price. When others talk about compromising principles in an accepting tone I am not going to be silent.

But even when I speak up in real life people generally do not take offense to me because they know me. Two years ago I got to see what my biological father looks like for the first time in my life. I have often been told I look just like him. It's true. I do.

My oldest daughter noted one big difference between the way he looks and the way I look. She said, "there's no twinkle in his eyes." I am always grinning and I am always joking.

You can't see it on the Internet.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Hostile;3584190 said:
I've had it. It's nowhere near my favorite. It's kind of like menudo, it has to be really good or I don't care for it.

hmm Mollejas are way better than menudo. Even good menudo is hard to eat a lot of if you didn't grow up eating it. It's pretty strongly flavored and tiresome to eat, mollejas shouldn't be any harder to eat than fajitas.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
baj1dallas;3591801 said:
hmm Mollejas are way better than menudo. Even good menudo is hard to eat a lot of if you didn't grow up eating it. It's pretty strongly flavored and tiresome to eat, mollejas shouldn't be any harder to eat than fajitas.
I wasn't comparing it as far as a food, just by my preference for it. I don't dislike it, but it isn't my favorite. Menuda is the same. I don't dislike ti either, but it isn't my favorite.

That's all.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Hostile;3591798 said:
No, but at least you said something that could make me laugh.

On here, people take me very seriously because they think they can sway me with silly commentary. You can't. No one can. I'm simply not stupid. You have to be pretty convincing to make me think I have perceived something wrong.

That upsets people because they generally do not like their ideas questioned. But all ideas are open to question.

I am every bit as moralistic in real life as I am on here. I have my principles and they are not for sale at any price. When others talk about compromising principles in an accepting tone I am not going to be silent.

But even when I speak up in real life people generally do not take offense to me because they know me. Two years ago I got to see what my biological father looks like for the first time in my life. I have often been told I look just like him. It's true. I do.

My oldest daughter noted one big difference between the way he looks and the way I look. She said, "there's no twinkle in his eyes." I am always grinning and I am always joking.

You can't see it on the Internet.
johnny5-short-circuit.jpg

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Hostile;3587720 said:
You don't like life. I can't even fathom how boring your diet is. Please don't share.

:wink2:

BTW, I can name 3 or 4 dishes that don't use most of those things that are authentic Mexican food.

what he really means is "I don't like anything other than the 2 or 3 things I've been eating for my entire life, because I'm unwilling to try to like them". People like him (and there are tons) are who keep the barely mediocre chain places like Olive Garden or Pizza Hut or Applebee's alive and thriving.

But fortunately there's enough of the rest of us out there who actually taste what we eat enough to appreciate different things. Dallas is full of tiny Mexican hole in the walls, not to mention Tex Mex and taquerias.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
baj1dallas;3592134 said:
what he really means is "I don't like anything other than the 2 or 3 things I've been eating for my entire life, because I'm unwilling to try to like them". People like him (and there are tons) are who keep the barely mediocre chain places like Olive Garden or Pizza Hut or Applebee's alive and thriving.

But fortunately there's enough of the rest of us out there who actually taste what we eat enough to appreciate different things. Dallas is full of tiny Mexican hole in the walls, not to mention Tex Mex and taquerias.

When I lived in Corpus I never once ate at a Taco Bell, but there was one across the street from my Church. The line at that place was always wrapped around the building. I never understood how those people could sit and wait for Taco Bell when, for the same price, they could get a plate a few blocks away at the local Taqueria.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tupperware;3592107 said:
Yet again you decide to piggy back someone else when they are taking shots at me. I'm flattered, but you're not my type, and I am taken.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Where i work now (optimum nutrition) the staff force is predominately Hispanic and i've learned 2 things from them;

1) Spanish
2)what grrrreat home made mexi-food is

They have still yet to bring me anything that makes me cringe when i eat it (out side of squash but that stuff was nasty) I keep tempting them to make it hotter.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
The lack of NEW MEXICAN food in this topic is disturbing. I will take my native grand-mother's hatch green chile chicken enchiladas, carne adovada and green chile stew with homemade tortillas over anything in this topic.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Has anyone had cow tongue and cow cheek? My buddy says its really good and good for you and i want to try it out

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
the kid 05;3593007 said:
Has anyone had cow tongue and cow cheek? My buddy says its really good and good for you and i want to try it out

I know a Filipino that cooks Cow tongue.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
the kid 05;3593007 said:

My Momo has prepared 'Lengua de vaca' for me several times. It's pretty good, but has a weird texture.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3591580 said:

I'm not surprised ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The Ominous;3592968 said:
The lack of NEW MEXICAN food in this topic is disturbing. I will take my native grand-mother's hatch green chile chicken enchiladas, carne adovada and green chile stew with homemade tortillas over anything in this topic.
I love your grandma.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the kid 05;3593007 said:
Yeah, but it was so long ago I don't even remember what I thought.