News: Taco Charlton released By Saints

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That really doesn't add up. The defense wasn't good that year and TJ wouldn't have helped it that much more significantly along with Dak not being at QB they still would have been picking pretty high.
Of course the defense wasn’t good I said had they drafted TJ Watt it would’ve been far better….mind you they were top 5 in turnovers without TJ. Who knows maybe they trade up to get Micah. It’s my opinion that if TJ was here the defense would’ve been better and Maranelli probably wouldn’t have been fired if TJ had been the pick over Taco. There’s just so many things that go into it just to assume we’d have the same players if we drafted differently.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Seems I recall some here thinking letting this guy go was an error. Something about he had a good game or preseason game, and there were fans wondering if this was the right move for Dallas to move him along..

I suppose it was.

https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/saints-roster-moves-taco-charlton-cut/
I said he was not giving time to develop on the field. The Cowboys were trying to prove their Randy Gregory draft pick and now neither are on the Cowboys roster.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
If he wasn’t good (or showed potential) in college he wouldn’t have been a first round draft pick. He’s a bust because he was an NFL first round draft pick that failed. What would one qualify as a player with “having all the talent in the world and not putting it together.”? You're describing half the players in the NFL.

I never thought of him as a first round talent I don’t think a lot of people did tbh

Motorola

Reaction score
Is there room on the practice squad? Heck, we are sending everyone else there.
He is on a practice squad - the Saints; they signed him the day after his release.
Vidaunte's 5th team in six years...journeyman narrowly hanging on in the league.

Last edited:

Section446

Reaction score
One of the biggest black eyes on the franchise in the last 2.5 decades.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Charlton was a bust .

giphy.gif

ghst187

Reaction score
Taco is exactly the kind of reclamation project Jerry likes to take chances on…after all…he was a first round pick therefore he clearly has first round talent…..
/s