Twitter: Taco will not be activated tomorrow

Jumbo075

Reaction score
The only reasonable explanation is that the Cowboys are already in serious trade talks with another team. Charlton played well enough during preseason that he would be playing unless another team requested he be held out to protect him from injury.

I'm just guessing, but the Cowboys may already have a deal in principle that has been worked out, and they are just working through the details.

lwehlers

Reaction score
man what a waste of a first round pick. I hope that hill pans out but I would not be surprised to see him deactivated on some games this year also. man Marinelli sure knows how to pick great players. he does a better job of coaching undrafted lineman.

lwehlers

Reaction score
The only reasonable explanation is that the Cowboys are already in serious trade talks with another team. Charlton played well enough during preseason that he would be playing unless another team requested he be held out to protect him from injury.

I'm just guessing, but the Cowboys may already have a deal in principle that has been worked out, and they are just working through the details.
hopefully we can get at least a fourth round pick for him.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I thought he was having a good preseason and favored to be the starter while Quinn and Gregory are out. Who starts now?

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I thought he was having a good preseason and favored to be the starter while Quinn and Gregory are out. Who starts now?
At RE? If not Armstrong then they will put Crawford in again, don't like it but they think he is too good to not start.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
maybe they are going to trade him for a veteran player and don't want to make the move until after the first game of the season when veteran contracts are not guaranteed

Kaiser

Reaction score
Taco is the kind of player we avoid drafting under Mcclay,not great athletically and a 1 year wonder.This is all Marinellis fault.

Will McClay was Assistant Director of Player Personnel when Taco was drafted and was promoted to Director the following year. The decision to draft him was a group decision and its crazy to judge a player two years after they were drafted. (or before they have played a game, in the case of Hill).

Knotamus

Reaction score
This also indicates to me that Dorance Armstrong has surpassed him on the depth chart. I’ve been advocating that Armstrong will be a pleasant surprise this year. Not to mention Joe Jackson already has outplayed Taco this preseason and is more versatile than Taco.

For those that are still fuming that Dallas wasted a 1st Rd pick on Taco.. make sure you also give credit for drafting Armstrong in the 4th rd and Jackson in the 5th. Throw in Jalen Jelks in the 7th, who I believe is also better than Taco.

Imo..Taco physically should be playing on a 3-4 base defense.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Will McClay was Assistant Director of Player Personnel when Taco was drafted and was promoted to Director the following year. The decision to draft him was a group decision and its crazy to judge a player two years after they were drafted. (or before they have played a game, in the case of Hill).

well if they are trading him then the cowboys already judged him not worthy of a roster spot.

stiletto

Reaction score
Even Ted Williams struck out sometimes. They simply missed on Taco. Get what you can for him and move on. The team has better talent drafted lower to offset him. (Armstrong, etc)

Flamma

Reaction score

Good point. So the two guys that caused the most disruption in the backfield, Taco and Wise, are both out. Why do the Cowboys play preseason again? Well, they have to make room for Gregory's return after all. And the Cowboys need him now to save us all from a Crawford start at RDE.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LMAO! What a joke. A 3rd year DE 1st round pick is "inactive"? Let me guess, rookie DT Trysten Hill will be inactive as well if he keeps way underperforming. Is that a good way to use costly 1st and 2nd round picks... on a bunch of inactives? Way to go Marinelli!

:facepalm: