Twitter: Taco will not be activated tomorrow

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Will McClay was Assistant Director of Player Personnel when Taco was drafted and was promoted to Director the following year. The decision to draft him was a group decision and its crazy to judge a player two years after they were drafted. (or before they have played a game, in the case of Hill).
Refreshing to hear a voice of reason.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Will McClay was Assistant Director of Player Personnel when Taco was drafted and was promoted to Director the following year. The decision to draft him was a group decision and its crazy to judge a player two years after they were drafted. (or before they have played a game, in the case of Hill).
McClay actually really wanted the pick apparently and admitted it wasn’t the right one

gmoney112

Reaction score
I didn't really see that coming.

He was the best DE we had against Houston in the "dress rehearsal". I don't know how anyone could say Jackson or Armstrong outplayed him in that game. He worked them over pretty good and nearly killed Watson.

I don't know. I wouldn't get rid of him now, we're finally seeing something.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I wonder if this is an indicator the team expects Gregory to be available in the immediate or near future?

Eanwen

Reaction score
I wonder if this is an indicator the team expects Gregory to be available in the immediate or near future?

I guess that would make sense. If it's for a trade I really don't see why you'd trade him for anything less than a 3rd. Not because he's that good but because we probably aren't getting a starter for 4th or less, so why bother trading at all? Better to see if the lights finally come on for him than trading him for nothing IMO.

Mr_437

Reaction score
To have the information out that Charlton is inactive the day before the official pregame announcement is odd to me. Maybe there's a trade, but the timing is interesting.

Charlton should net a 4th or no deal. I expect a player for player trade.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I guess that would make sense. If it's for a trade I really don't see why you'd trade him for anything less than a 3rd. Not because he's that good but because we probably aren't getting a starter for 4th or less, so why bother trading at all? Better to see if the lights finally come on for him than trading him for nothing IMO.

I’d like a 3rd rounder for him. If it’s for a pick I don’t we get anything more than a 5th.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They drafted taco knowing it would be a few years before his skill equalled his physical measurements. So not playing him now seems crazy. Will be interesting to see this all play out.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I have heard that the scouts wanted Watt but Marinelli wanted Taco.

GM Jerry gave Marinelli what he wanted.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
If he has any business savvy at all, he should leverage his 15 minutes of fame and start a taco franchise pronto.
He has leveraged endorsements from his name.
Taco_Bueno_Charlton_Commercial.jpg

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/27/15880026/taco-charlton-endorsement-deal-taco-bueno-big-red

John813

Reaction score
Bummer.

Really hoped he could turn it around this year