Twitter: Tak McKinley out 5-6 months

gmoney112

Reaction score
Stupid. He'd still have been a first round pick and could have been ready for camp if he'd just had the surgery a month ago.

Now there's a realistic possibility of PUP, and at the very least missing most/all of camp.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Stupid. He'd still have been a first round pick and could have been ready for camp if he'd just had the surgery a month ago.

Now there's a realistic possibility of PUP, and at the very least missing most/all of camp.

Definitely got some bad advice. Going to cost him some cash

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Hmmmmm

How far will he drop? Probably not to 60.

I think he would have gone before 28 so that is one less player pushed down to us.

I guess we could take him at 28. I hope not.

tm1119

Reaction score
So apparently being ready for the combine is more important than being 100% for rookie camp? Makes no sense. Oh well, never wanted him at 28 anyway and hopefully this ensures he won't be our pick.

Hardline

Reaction score
Well when we pass on Taco Charlton or Derek Barnett in the 1st, at least we know which edge rusher we will be getting in the 2nd...sigh
We won't have a chance to pass on those two. They won't be on the board at 28

RandyOh

Reaction score
We won't have a chance to pass on those two. They won't be on the board at 28
its was sarcasm. saying that we will be set on trying to get a big time steal in the 2nd that we would pass on 2 great talents. Their is a small chance Taco makes it to 28 though. I don't think he will be as consistently rated on boards across all 32 teams as Barnett would be.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
shame, I really like his fit in this scheme.
some idiot needs firing fior this advice

Hardline

Reaction score
its was sarcasm. saying that we will be set on trying to get a big time steal in the 2nd that we would pass on 2 great talents. Their is a small chance Taco makes it to 28 though. I don't think he will be as consistently rated on boards across all 32 teams as Barnett would be.
Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Reaction score
So 5-6 months puts him at July/August. If he grades out high by our scouts, why wouldn't he still be in play at 28, or a trade down to top of 2nd round? Yes, he misses the offseason. But can still run. And I assume, will be able to start lifting in 3-4 months.

marchetta

Reaction score
Takkarist McKinley LB/ER UCLA

TALENT
ROUND

STRENGTHS

Takkarist reminds me a lot of the Raiders Khalil Mack. He has long arms, a quick burst, and good change of direction that allows him to get into the backfield quickly and wreck havoc. He’s very quick and does a good job playing two gaps against the run. He never stops playing until he hears the whistles, which allows him to capitalize on any sign of slowing down by an OLman. One little mistake, or laziness, and he'll take advantage of it. This type of hustle puts incredible mental pressure on OLmen, since they know they can never make a mistake or he'll make them pay. He is smaller than the average pass rusher but because of his long arms and legs and quickness his height gives him leverage advantage on bigger players. In this way, he's very much like the Rams Aaron Donald.

CONCERNS
Takkarist may have a shoulder problem that I saw when he played against Stanford that could affect his draft status. Also he fits a 4/3 scheme attacking the line of scrimmage better than an edge rusher in a 3/4 defense. He has the athletic talent to play in both schemes but seems to be a better fit on the line in a three point stance against tackles. HIs biggest need for improvement is his hand use. He must get better knocking players hands down before those big offensive linemen can tie him up. He has to learn to get off blocks quicker by anticipating how he will be blocked. He must improve his football intelligence of the blocking schemes of NFL offensive lines. All of this will happen with experience and better coaching.

BOTTOM LINE
Takkarist has all the talent to become an impact player very much in the mold of Khalil Mack. He is not as powerful in his lower body as Mack, but he does have the same style of play. He's actually a little quicker than Mack. Now, he's strong, he just has a different lower body type than Mack who's naturally strong in the lower body. However, they both have the same style of play. Takkarist should become an impact player. Just give him the time.

- Drew Boylhart (The Huddle Report) [PARAPHRASED]

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
So 5-6 months puts him at July/August. If he grades out high by our scouts, why wouldn't he still be in play at 28, or a trade down to top of 2nd round? Yes, he misses the offseason. But can still run. And I assume, will be able to start lifting in 3-4 months.
YeAh this isn't that big of a deal to me. Bosa missed most of cMp too even though it wasn't due to injury.

Silverstar

Reaction score
So, I guess McKinley now falls under the "stop drafting injured players!" column or will you guys make him an exception?

:popcorn: