Twitter: Tak McKinley out 5-6 months

jcollins28

Reaction score
6'1....270LBS.

http://www.uclabruins.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4196

Word has it his combines numbers (height/weight) are gonna show his listed stats are a lie.

Way too short to be a DE. Not big enough to be a DT. Isn't a quick twitch athlete. Wouldn't be shocked to see his weight room #'s to be lacking as well. A true DE will put up 225...over 20 times. I bet he barely puts up over 15. We will see.:rolleyes:

For an OLB/DE...his 40 time is gonna be important. He better run a 4.75 or better....I'll be shocked if he is even close to that.

This is funny....

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Tak's injury sets up the possibility of him sliding to #28, which agree/disagree Jerry has already said he wouldn't preclude not selecting an injured prospect.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
This guy is not very smart I don't think. He messed up every drill at the combine. He has been practicing this for months. how do you mess the drills up?

Or maybe he is just a nervous Nelly, which is equally as bad

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
This guy is not very smart I don't think. He messed up every drill at the combine. He has been practicing this for months. how do you mess the drills up?

You have the worst hot takes ever. Congrats

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Maybe he wants to be a Cowboy and figures the only way he drops is to mess up his drills.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
See I don't care about 40 (and I bet he grades well there anyway). The guy has long arms, good burst and a non-stop motor. His hand placement and technique is raw, but that's one of the easier things to develop. I wouldn't be shocked if his upper body strength were subpar, but that's also something he can develop. I don't doubt the guy is raw, but he has some tools and non-stop motor guys are the ones who improve because they aren't afraid to work at it. I don't care how tall he is, Dwight Freeney is only 6-1. Takk is a long strider with long arms, who has good change of direction. Those are transferrable characteristics.

You don't have to agree with me, I'm just not sure he says bust more than anyone else does.

I read that he played with the shoulder pain for most of the year, but just never complained enough to be bench and evaluated.

His attitude was, "tape it up, and let's go".

Didn't know the injury was significant. Didn't care. Just "put me in, coach".

Now I don't know how everyone else feels, but I think I might cut him some slack. Would also welcome his type on my team.