Twitter: Tak McKinley out 5-6 months

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I guess the Shaq Lawson approach is a thing all the bad labrum kids are doing these days.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I still like him at 28.
So let's assume he is like Lawson.

Ten games, one start, thirteen tackles and two sacks is what to reasonably expect if the two are equal. All in all, he played less than 300 snaps because his shoulder issue lingered.

I don't see the value at 28.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So 5-6 months puts him at July/August. If he grades out high by our scouts, why wouldn't he still be in play at 28, or a trade down to top of 2nd round? Yes, he misses the offseason. But can still run. And I assume, will be able to start lifting in 3-4 months.

August/September. He's not getting the surgery until after the combine in March.

Gaede

Reaction score
So let's assume he is like Lawson.

Ten games, one start, thirteen tackles and two sacks is what to reasonably expect if the two are equal. All in all, he played less than 300 snaps because his shoulder issue lingered.

I don't see the value at 28.

It's easy to not see the value when you assume that he won't contribute.

In truth, we have no idea what he will or won't contribute. At 28 though, I'd say this guy is worth the gamble

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
he sucked already.... that might...drop him to the third round.I know I wouldn't touch him. has bust written all over him.
Why does he have bust written all over him? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I like the guy's physical tools so I want to know what the reservations are.

reddyuta

Reaction score
It's easy to not see the value when you assume that he won't contribute.

In truth, we have no idea what he will or won't contribute. At 28 though, I'd say this guy is worth the gamble
It also depends on where he is on our board, if he has a first round grade then we know the FO will take that risk at 28.

Reaction score
August/September. He's not getting the surgery until after the combine in March.

You're right. Scouting combine runs Feb. 28 to March 5. So if we count most of March, five months puts him at early August. Not ideal, but if our scouts think he is a blue chip talent as a pass-rusher (which many do, despite him being raw), I'm in favor. By playoff time, he'll be fresh and ready.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I didn't like him after watching what draftbreakdown had to offer. If this means we are sure not to pick him then I am pleased.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you believe in acquiring talent in the draft and look at it like an investment for the future then possibly not playing the first year is a factor but not a deal breaker.

Basically if our scouts, not Jerry, not Stephen, not Garrett, believe he's a top 15-20 talent in this draft and any injury isn't a long term concern then I'd have no problem taking him at 28.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Why does he have bust written all over him? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I like the guy's physical tools so I want to know what the reservations are.

6'1....270LBS.

http://www.uclabruins.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4196

Word has it his combines numbers (height/weight) are gonna show his listed stats are a lie.

Way too short to be a DE. Not big enough to be a DT. Isn't a quick twitch athlete. Wouldn't be shocked to see his weight room #'s to be lacking as well. A true DE will put up 225...over 20 times. I bet he barely puts up over 15. We will see.:rolleyes:

For an OLB/DE...his 40 time is gonna be important. He better run a 4.75 or better....I'll be shocked if he is even close to that.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
6'1....270LBS.

http://www.uclabruins.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4196

Word has it his combines numbers (height/weight) are gonna show his listed stats are a lie.

Way too short to be a DE. Not big enough to be a DT. Isn't a quick twitch athlete. Wouldn't be shocked to see his weight room #'s to be lacking as well. A true DE will put up 225...over 20 times. I bet he barely puts up over 15. We will see.:rolleyes:

For an OLB/DE...his 40 time is gonna be important. He better run a 4.75 or better....I'll be shocked if he is even close to that.
See I don't care about 40 (and I bet he grades well there anyway). The guy has long arms, good burst and a non-stop motor. His hand placement and technique is raw, but that's one of the easier things to develop. I wouldn't be shocked if his upper body strength were subpar, but that's also something he can develop. I don't doubt the guy is raw, but he has some tools and non-stop motor guys are the ones who improve because they aren't afraid to work at it. I don't care how tall he is, Dwight Freeney is only 6-1. Takk is a long strider with long arms, who has good change of direction. Those are transferrable characteristics.

You don't have to agree with me, I'm just not sure he says bust more than anyone else does.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
He'll still be able to play at the beginning of the season however without going to training camp will be a problem IMO. There is no substitute for real practice and live games.