Take this for what it's worth...

wittenacious

Reaction score
SDogo;4525788 said:
Sorry if I made it sound that way, I generally speak about prospects who have a good chance to make it to these given points. It would be a small miracle if Claiborne was sitting there at 6 let alone 7-10.

They would take Claiborne over Cox
LOL! I'm not so sure you made it sound that way. More likely, I just mistakenly interpreted it that way. Thanks for the clarification.

JBS

Reaction score
trading up for richardson would eliminate any chances this team has at doing anything in the next 3 years

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
SDogo;4525805 said:
Why not, went to the same school as Emmitt Smith. Played on Emmitt Smith Field, lives 4 1/2 miles from where Emmitt lived.

make it happen! lol

And honestly, I think that could be on the mind of Garrett and JJ. I know the value of backs isn't as high in previous years, but this kid is special. Mark him down for 1500+ yards and 10+ TD's for the next 6-8 years

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Trade our first, third, and Felix jones to st Louis for 6to take Trent Richardson. Wow. I think I would cry.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4525810 said:
trading up for richardson would eliminate any chances this team has at doing anything in the next 3 years
It would definitely set the team back. Running backs are a dime a dozen.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4525810 said:

It ain't happening. No worries.

Don't forget that just last year we were trying to trade back up for Muhammad Wilkerson.

M sure if we're going up that high than it's for Fletcher Cox.

JBS

Reaction score
CATCH17;4525816 said:
It ain't happening. No worries.

i wont lose any sleep over it lol..

i wouldnt even take richardson at 14..let alone move up for him

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Throwing out another possible scenerio, it's my undersanding that the new CBA has completely changed the value of draft picks and that the old draft pick value chart everyone used to treat as gospel is completely obsolete. Could be the Cowboys, and a lot of other teams, are sending out feelers so they can attempt to establish some baseline values for picks to use in their pick valuations for the upcoming 3 days.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
If the Cowboys could move up to get Fletcher Cox (without giving up next yr's #1), he's worth sacrificing another big asset. I think he's an elite prospect.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
SDogo;4525774 said:
It's pretty discouraging to work so hard and so long on something and know at the end of the day if 1/4 right on anything you did good. :(

It's like Organic Chemistry...

"Never have I studied so hard, so long
To answer so much, so very wrong"

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
If it is Claiborne we are after, any chance that Mike Jenkins is included in that trade?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4525826 said:
Throwing out another possible scenerio, it's my undersanding that the new CBA has completely changed the value of draft picks and that the old draft pick value chart everyone used to treat as gospel is completely obsolete. Could be the Cowboys, and a lot of other teams, are sending out feelers so they can attempt to establish some baseline values for picks to use in their pick valuations for the upcoming 3 days.

It's going on as we speak which is another reason for so much misinformation this year. Everyone is interested in trading right now because no one knows for sure what the value of any pick is.

SDogo

Reaction score
Picksix;4525828 said:
It's like Organic Chemistry...

"Never have I studied so hard, so long
To answer so much, so wrong"

Nice! :laugh2:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I really hope it is Cox though. He is the one player that I believe can turn the Cowboys defense into an elite unit.

honyock

Reaction score
JonJon;4525836 said:
I really hope it is Cox though. He is the one player that I believe can turn the Cowboys defense into an elite unit.

That's what I'm hoping. To be honest, I'd assumed all along that Claiborne would be out of reach and so really haven't read up too much on him. So at this late point, I'd have to just take more knowledgeable folks' opinions on him.

But Cox, I'd be all for paying the trade-up price for him. Heard him interviewed on NFL Radio last night, just a great attitude, seems like the real deal as a person and player.

JBond

Reaction score
wittenacious;4525724 said:
Thanks for this, SDogo. If you're hearing Cox and/or Barron are options the Cowboys are seriously considering trading up for, this is exciting stuff ... to me, anyway.

I do not doubt the validity of the information. SDogo has a rep. All I want is some oline guys that can ball. Mean men with a mission.

JBS

Reaction score
i dont see how landing cox is going to be feasable

i cant see dallas sacrificing anything more than a 2013 2nd rounder...

thats not going to get the job done

cowboysooner

Reaction score
SDogo;4525832 said:
It's going on as we speak which is another reason for so much misinformation this year. Everyone is interested in trading right now because no one knows for sure what the value of any pick is.

The higher picks should be worth more than the old trade chart because the salaries of the players are so much less than they used to be. However, for a few positions the players may be considerably cheaper after 10 as explained in Peter King's column.

I think more teams are throwing out the chart b/c they rightly feel the old chart overvalued 1st rounders when compared to 2nd and 3rd rounders. That has nothing to do with the CBA.

SDogo

Reaction score
cowboysooner;4525855 said:
I think more teams are throwing out the chart b/c they rightly feel the old chart overvalued 1st rounders when compared to 2nd and 3rd rounders. That has nothing to do with the CBA.

I believe your going to see a vast difference between the old chart and the trades that actually go down this year. It's going to be interesting to see who does the work to come up with the first re-write.