Takeaways tonight

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Taco, armstrong, jelks all showed flashes while making plays. The opposite for the DT as they seemed weak or washed out of most plays.

Wilson looked good catching passes.
Jonvea can run but not catch. After dropping several passes he did make a few catches in a row.

Weber wont make the team playing like he did.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Just watched the first drive again. Amazing what a good offensive line will do. Dak was also decisive.

I truly hope we have better plans for the RZ. The third down play literally had four of our receivers simply running curls into the DBs. The Niner DBs didn't even have to move. Yuck...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Awuzie was all over the field tonight...

Rush looked good...

Gifford is a keeper pending injury...

Jarwin looked good...

Awuzie is going to be a definite difference maker this season.

Truthfully, I'm very excited about Jarwin...maybe Witten can get him up to dominance levels in run blocking as well!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I thought Cedric Wilson looked pretty good. I noticed they had him playing slot. With Cobb and Austin both on 1 year deals, may want to keep Wilson around as 6th guy.

Wilson for a bigger red zone / possession threat. We could use more of that. I'm not sold on Gallup for red zone.

Sydla

Reaction score
I haven’t rewatched it yet but the downs I did focus specifically on Trystan Hill he was getting manhandled and moved seemingly at will.

It may take him time to get his feet under him.

Another reason why it was foolish to not bring in another quality vet DT as insurance.

Our big DT FA signing looked worse than Hill. If Woods goes down, there doesn’t appear much at the 1T behind him. They’d be forced to
Move Collins there again out of need.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I only see 9 NFL OL on this team:
Smith
Collins
Martin
Williams
Frederick
Fleming
Looney
Su’a Filo
Redmon

I think we keep all 9.

Make room for McGovern.

I'm seeing too many interior linemen, not enough tackles. I can't see them keeping 4 interior backups.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It was hard to follow since I had 10 7rd olds running rampant for a bday sleepover, but it was a typical Dallas preseason game to me.

We have no backup QB although Rush looked competent compared to White. I didn’t see many new offensive wrinkles but didn’t expect it in this game. Elliot gained some leverage because these guys can’t replace him as a unit.

J. Johnson needs to dust off his resume builder and Maher needs some serious competition. Other than that, we looked solid :muttley:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Agree.

Both Rush and White are tier 4 QBs at best.

Dallas needed to sign a veteran QB in March.
I would only sign a vet QB if it's going to be extended time Dak misses. I think Rush could handle a game or 2 but we need to get backup QB under control.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I would only sign a vet QB if it's going to be extended time Dak misses. I think Rush could handle a game or 2 but we need to get backup QB under control.

no, cant agree to that. cant deciide to win or lose a game with a guy whos never done it. this team is coached by a back up qb and our back up qbs suck. its heart breaking. no, sign someone now.

Sepia

Reaction score
I like Cedric Wilson. Been rooting for him since last year.

Worried about Maher.