Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
40 time is irrelevant. This notion that Taco lacks burst is absurd. You can watch the OSU and FSU games and see it clearly.

Takk has better long speed and .25" in arm length but Taco is 30 lbs heavier, 4 inches taller, has similar short area quickness, and decidedly better change of direction ability.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Takk is way overrated. Small and stiff, not a good combo. He has a good initial burst but he can't bend around the edge. look at his combine 3 cone drill...borderline pathetic. And then you watch Takk's UCLA film and you realize all of his sacks were because of 2nd effort hustle or just flat out not being blocked. He rarely got to the QB by beating the OT.

I was extremely relieved when he went before us.

Sounds like Bobby Carpenter.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Cuban is a Moron.

The Mavs won 1 championship with Dirk. That's a fail considering that Dirk is one of the greatest Basketball players of all time. Cuban lucked into getting Dirk.

The number of failed moves by Cuban over the years makes any mistakes that Jerry made look trivial. He didn't want to pay Steve Nash and just let him leave. He immediately became one of the top NBA players and played a position that the Mavs struggled to fill for the next several years.

Cuban also lucked into his Billions. He had a little company that did some simplistic technology that normally would have resulted in a company worth a few million; however, it happened at exactly the right time during the dot-com boom and Yahoo moronically paid Billions for something they could have developed for less than 10 million within 6 months.

to be a billionaire, it is better to be lucky than good.
one key is to recognize a good thing and taking maximum advantage when you can.

the difference is cuban would stretch the budget as however necessary to win.
the current FO is more worried about a cap problem that they do not have.
like some stupid beancounter counting every bean.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
So what! So that excuses acting like an idiot on national tv? He knew he was going to be drafted for a long time. He did nothing but disrespect his grandmother who by the picture looked to be a classy church going lady. I doubt she would have been proud of him. He showed me just how dumb he really is and I don't want that in my lockeroom.

Lol wow.

First of all..Nothing about the Cowboys locker room is in any way yours.

Second..You continue to impress by coming off as a privileged, judgemental prick.

His grandmother was in a picture wearing a nice outfit..She must be a classy, churchgoing, God-fearing civil adult.

He showed alot of emotion when his promise to his grandma came full circle in front of alot of TV cameras and used some naughty words.

Must be a dumb, idiot, moron punk.

Good Lord.

waldoputty

Reaction score
40 time is irrelevant. This notion that Taco lacks burst is absurd. You can watch the OSU and FSU games and see it clearly.

Takk has better long speed and .25" in arm length but Taco is 30 lbs heavier, 4 inches taller, has similar short area quickness, and decidedly better change of direction ability.

it is not the 40 time that matters.
and it is the cowboys that prefer takk but unwilling to pay the price to get him.
all because they put themselves in a hole after losing all the DBs because of a few million cap dollars.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
yes the team is being run by an accountant.
you can only play 11 players at a time, and we need a star RDE.
drafting a star RDE is hard enough.
now they just made it harder by settling for an inferior candidate according to their own analysis.
DBs can be had this year, next year, year after that in the draft.
There you go being presumptuous again. The choice wasn't Takk or Taco, it was Takk minus our 3rd round pick or Taco. I don't think Takk is that much better but we'll have to wait and see.

robjay04

Reaction score
having the more explosive player is probably lower risk in terms of having a playmaker.
taco has had good reviews, but have never saw the term explosive used.
without the same burst, taco would have to win by other means

I have heard the word quick first step used which is essentially the same thing. I can think of several defensive ends that were very productive and never relied on their 40 time.

Many people had Taco ranked higher than Tak. It's very plausible the Cowboys did too...that analysis is worth nothing.

When that 3rd round pick is our starting slot corner while Carr/Mo are out of the NFL, be sure to bump this thread up.

Trading away draft picks is dumb! Overpaying for 30+ year olds and first round busts that can't stay healthy is dumb!

Drafting the best player on your board projected to go as early as 11th to the Saints in a pre draft CBS mock draft is smart. Keeping all of your draft picks and adding young, cheap talent to your team is smart.

This team had an absolutely magnificent approach to free agency and the draft. They went into free agency knowing they were going into one of the deepest drafts ever for defensive backs and decided to let their guys go so they could take the BPA...which by their projections would be a DB...they were right 4 times. Our former defensive backs were injured or old. Our new defensive backs are full of upside.

Guess what? Our defense ranked middle of the pack last season with sacks and we added a first round pick and...we will hopefully have a healthy DLaw on a contract year and Maliek Collins and David Irving coming into their own.

I'll take Taco/Jourdan Lewis under a cheap contract for 4 years over Tak/Mo or Carr making 5 million or more any day of the week.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Takk didn't exactly light it up at UCLA this season.

Positives: straight line speed and great motor and effort
Negatives: no array of moves yet, stiff with no bend

He is a straight line speed guy who competes to the end.

Frankly, I think Taco may prove to be the better DE due to length, quickness off the ball, bend, and his spin move, but he also has things to work on, like hand placement.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
and it is the cowboys that prefer takk but unwilling to pay the price to get him.
all because they put themselves in a hole after losing all the DBs because of a few million cap dollars.

You are assuming the reason they didn't resign the DBs was because of a few million dollars. Ever think they didn't resign them because Carr and Church are old and Claiborne is injury-prone? I'll give you Wilcox. He was probably over $$

waldoputty

Reaction score
Lol wow.

First of all..Nothing about the Cowboys locker room is in any way yours.

Second..You continue to impress by coming off as a privileged, judgemental prick.

His grandmother was in a picture wearing a nice outfit..She must be a classy, churchgoing, God-fearing civil adult.

He showed alot of emotion when his promise to his grandma came full circle in front of alot of TV cameras and used some naughty words.

Must be a dumb, idiot, moron punk.

Good Lord.

right, i do not see much wrong with his outburst.
he promised on her death bed that he would make it to the nfl.
he was abandoned by both parents and the person who raised him died.
i call it human with a potty mouth.
lots of people have potty mouth.

waldoputty

Reaction score
You are assuming the reason they didn't resign the DBs was because of a few million dollars. Ever think they didn't resign them because Carr and Church are old and Claiborne is injury-prone? I'll give you Wilcox. He was probably over $$

for all i care, they could sign and then cut carr after a couple years.
just need to buy another year or 2 to draft DBs.
instead, they created a huge hole in the roster and felt desperate to fill them.
it is not as if we do not have tens of millions of cap space opening up.
then watch them telegraph their plan to the world just made it even more pathetic.
why is it the cowboys the one who always get jumped by other teams in the draft.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I was listening to Broaddus and crew at that time. They claimed that the War Room had a big reaction to the selection of Takk. Eatman is one the Broaddus minions.

If you really following many stories revolving around the Cowboys the past few years, many of them start with sometime Broaddus or one of his crew said. Then some other media repeats it, then other media member repeats it. Each time the successive media member adds a little to the story and within hours it's claimed as fact. Fans tend to believe it because they see multiple media members have reported it.

Hey what if the Cowboys war room reaction was because Atlanta did NOT draft their guy!

Assumptions and not really in the know!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

This act of yours is beyond droll at this point.

You are projecting your angst over them not paying Gilmour and Bouye onto everything.

There is no opportunity cost here for passing on paying good players great money. They could have signed one of them and done what they did anyway. McKinley is not worth a 1st and 3rd rounder anyway you look at it.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
That might be true, but Eatman is basing it on the reaction the Cowboys had in the War Room, not on them telling him that they preferred Takk.

Most draft analysts had Taco rated higher than Takk. CBS had Taco at 17 and Takk at 31.
I agree but to be fair wouldn't the pscophants on here be like omg he's so passionate no way he busts

waldoputty

Reaction score
There you go being presumptuous again. The choice wasn't Takk or Taco, it was Takk minus our 3rd round pick or Taco. I don't think Takk is that much better but we'll have to wait and see.

the report is they much preferred Takk.
i did not make that up.

the 3rd round pick become more critical when they were trying to fill multiple holes in the backfield.
drafting a RDE is hard enough.
they have to make it harder.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Btw I'm weirdly upset people disparage taco. I don't get it. He has Greg Ellis written all over him. Do we want pressure and production for 10 years or nah?