Talked to an ex-Parcells player last night

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I sat beside an ex-NFL player last night at a basketball game that played for Parcells and won a Super Bowl with him.

We talked about a lot, but I didn't bother him a whole bunch because he was watching the game. But at halftime I asked him if he thought Parcells would keep T.O.

He felt that Parcells would keep him as long as he felt he could control him. He said if Parcells felt he couldn't control him he would be gone.

He went on to say that he felt all of this T.O. stuff was not a factor in the lockerroom.

He also got a kick out of Parcells saying, "He hears everything I say, he could tell you 3 wks from now what I said today."

He laughed when he talked about that, I bet it brought back some memory or something.

He also felt Bill had changed, which he seemed to think was a good thing.

I would have like to talk with him more about Parcells, but like I said he was watching the game and I didn't want to me any more annoying than I was.:D

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
I don't mean any offense by this, but why would you not name the player, I mean seriously, what's the big secret? It just seems so disingenuous when people put up posts like this.

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
big deal......who cares who it is ....i can tell ya stories i hear from his neighbor who happens to be one of my customers ...i am a audi/porsche service manager in new jersey and a really good customer is parcells neighbor...well his ex is still his neighbor....he goes rods a bar in sea girt all the time during the offseason...go there and speak to the horse him self....

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Taps-n-1;1248779 said:
I don't mean any offense by this, but why would you not name the player, I mean seriously, what's the big secret? It just seems so disingenuous when people put up posts like this.

Well, it's not really that much info.

Plus I am not sure he wants to be quoted on an internet messageboard. I didn't ask his permission or anything.

You don't have to believe it.

Just thought I would share.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Name or no name, it's nice to affirm our beliefs.

They will stick it out together as long as the relationship is maintained.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
It seems that every time someone reports a rift between TO and Tuna that those who have contact with one or the other report that there are no troubles in the locker room. I can't think of one single solitary blurb from anyone on the current roster about a rift.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1248801 said:
Well, it's not really that much info.

Plus I am not sure he wants to be quoted on an internet messageboard. I didn't ask his permission or anything.

You don't have to believe it.

Just thought I would share.

Thanks WV. You did the right thing. I appreciate the share.

BTW, Who was it? :D

RedLine

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing VW Cowboy, good inside info on the old man. I think you are doing the right thing not giving out the guys name. He was just yucking it up a bit. I doubt he wanted to be quoted.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
BEMYDADJERRY;1248789 said:
big deal......who cares who it is ....

I do... and I don't really understand why WV wouldn't have mentioned which player it was...

That info would have made the story even more interesting...

Jay

Reaction score
Well, it's not as if WV is a reporter and it's getting published on a national news scale. There's no need to ask the guy for permission.

But that's for WV to decide, not for us. Thanks for sharing the story. :)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think you did the right thing. And thanks for sharing and taking your time to do so.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1248770 said:
I sat beside an ex-NFL player last night at a basketball game that played for Parcells and won a Super Bowl with him.

We talked about a lot, but I didn't bother him a whole bunch because he was watching the game. But at halftime I asked him if he thought Parcells would keep T.O.

He felt that Parcells would keep him as long as he felt he could control him. He said if Parcells felt he couldn't control him he would be gone.

He went on to say that he felt all of this T.O. stuff was not a factor in the lockerroom.

He also got a kick out of Parcells saying, "He hears everything I say, he could tell you 3 wks from now what I said today."

He laughed when he talked about that, I bet it brought back some memory or something.

He also felt Bill had changed, which he seemed to think was a good thing.

I would have like to talk with him more about Parcells, but like I said he was watching the game and I didn't want to me any more annoying than I was.:D

When did this happen? :D

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Jay;1248965 said:
Well, it's not as if WV is a reporter and it's getting published on a national news scale. There's no need to ask the guy for permission.

Thank you for making my point.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Did you notice if he had his ring on?

As for not asking permission to put his name on a public board, why would you have to?

Haven't you seen any of the pictures people take with players, they post them all of the time.
I am sure they didn't get permission to post them.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
panchucko;1249121 said:
Did you notice if he had his ring on?

As for not asking permission to put his name on a public board, why would you have to?

Haven't you seen any of the pictures people take with players, they post them all of the time.
I am sure they didn't get permission to post them.

It's not a matter of "being allowed to" Its a matter of respect for a fellow human being, who may or may not want to have a random conversation attibuting quotes directly to him.

I'm fine with not knowing.

Undisputed

Reaction score
Erik_H;1249136 said:
It's not a matter of "being allowed to" Its a matter of respect for a fellow human being, who may or may not want to have a random conversation attibuting quotes directly to him.

I'm fine with not knowing.

:hammer:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Taps-n-1;1248779 said:

respect for privacy? why does what everyone says have to be validated, sealed and somehow notorized on the internet?

geez, if you don't believe it, don't. i find it annoying you find it disingenuous. :)