Recommended Talkin Cowboys 08.05 (nate newton)

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
• Coleman and Bush showing alot in a little amount of time.

• Brent wouldnt get in the way of any of these younger guys from making the team.

• Maybe wouldve been a good idea to start McClain on PUP. And let him come off when he was ready instead of forcing your body.

• Brent to meet with Goodell on Thursday. No lawyer no spokesman, just him and Goodell and show he has control of his life.

• Theres a chance Brent could go without suspension because he forefeited all that money from retiring. In essence was a 20 game suspension. Because he didnt have to, he couldve waited until the judge ruled and still gotten paid.

• Nate on show, mostly talking bout Brent

• Concerns about Brent. When you have a problem it just doesnt go away. Teammates are going to go out and drink as a group throughout the yr. Is he smart enough to say no, are his teammates smart enough?

• Players dont know about moderation.

• The good thing about Brent is when being asked questions he's thinking before he speaks. Not just blurting things out.

• New talent on the team. These players are good, but they need to learn how to jell.

• The OL is good, but they have to remember who theyre going up against.

• Nate says for me Dallas has 2 players on the DL in the middle. Melton and Crawford. That should be the 3 and the 1.

• Defense is the key right now. they gave up alot. Dallas left the defense buttnaked lol

• Nate: i talked to the DL and told them keep your feet moving. You're practicing on them dummies and ur going 100 miles a hr. Why stop and get blocked? Punch or slap that arm and keep your feet moving and keep the OL off balance.

• OL is great, so technically sound.

• Dallas just doesnt have the playmaker right now on defense. Once these young guys get a grasp of what the coach wants, maybe.

• Can Henry Melton be that type of guy? Yes sir by the 3rd or 4th preseason game once he gets his stamina up. But he cant be shooting to get 30 plays, he needs to be able to give the team atleast 40 plays. Same with Crawford.

Personal note: Newton is in love with Crawford as the 1tech. Broaddus as a big smile.

• You have to have good coaching and not have the injuries that happened last yr this yr.

• When Wilcox hit Dez " im glad he didnt hurt Dez but i screamed, about *** time" loved it

• If this OL jells, you can see something happening with this team this yr. Because if you control the game you take it out of the other teams hand.

• IN critical moments of the game you have to tell Romo this is what we want to run. stick to it and trust.

• When Reggie White came to Dallas he was reduced to a regular player when he went up against Erik Williams.

• Great interview with Nate.

• Last 10 mins was going to be some draft thing Cahill wants to do every week. I wish they would get rid of him. Not only has he made Dc.com a headache to navigate he is just a tool. So i skipped the last segment. That Nate Newton inteview was the meat of the show anyways.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Thanks for the recap.

Not sure about Newton's idea of Crawford or Melton inside. Which one would be the 1-T?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
• Coleman and Bush showing alot in a little amount of time.

• Brent wouldnt get in the way of any of these younger guys from making the team.

• Maybe wouldve been a good idea to start McClain on PUP. And let him come off when he was ready instead of forcing your body.

• Brent to meet with Goodell on Thursday. No lawyer no spokesman, just him and Goodell and show he has control of his life.

• Theres a chance Brent could go without suspension because he forefeited all that money from retiring. In essence was a 20 game suspension. Because he didnt have to, he couldve waited until the judge ruled and still gotten paid.

• Nate on show, mostly talking bout Brent

• Concerns about Brent. When you have a problem it just doesnt go away. Teammates are going to go out and drink as a group throughout the yr. Is he smart enough to say no, are his teammates smart enough?

• Players dont know about moderation.

• The good thing about Brent is when being asked questions he's thinking before he speaks. Not just blurting things out.

• New talent on the team. These players are good, but they need to learn how to jell.

• The OL is good, but they have to remember who theyre going up against.

• Nate says for me Dallas has 2 players on the DL in the middle. Melton and Crawford. That should be the 3 and the 1.

• Defense is the key right now. they gave up alot. Dallas left the defense buttnaked lol

• Nate: i talked to the DL and told them keep your feet moving. You're practicing on them dummies and ur going 100 miles a hr. Why stop and get blocked? Punch or slap that arm and keep your feet moving and keep the OL off balance.

• OL is great, so technically sound.

• Dallas just doesnt have the playmaker right now on defense. Once these young guys get a grasp of what the coach wants, maybe.

• Can Henry Melton be that type of guy? Yes sir by the 3rd or 4th preseason game once he gets his stamina up. But he cant be shooting to get 30 plays, he needs to be able to give the team atleast 40 plays. Same with Crawford.

Personal note: Newton is in love with Crawford as the 1tech. Broaddus as a big smile.

• You have to have good coaching and not have the injuries that happened last yr this yr.

• When Wilcox hit Dez " im glad he didnt hurt Dez but i screamed, about *** time" loved it

• If this OL jells, you can see something happening with this team this yr. Because if you control the game you take it out of the other teams hand.

• IN critical moments of the game you have to tell Romo this is what we want to run. stick to it and trust.

• When Reggie White came to Dallas he was reduced to a regular player when he went up against Erik Williams.

• Great interview with Nate.

• Last 10 mins was going to be some draft thing Cahill wants to do every week. I wish they would get rid of him. Not only has he made Dc.com a headache to navigate he is just a tool. So i skipped the last segment. That Nate Newton inteview was the meat of the show anyways.
Thanks for the recap.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Why is he so obsessed with Crawford playing at the 1?

Because he can get up the field, but he is strong enough to hold the point against the run. He says this teams disruption is going to come from the inside not the outside. They dont have a player on the outside who can just pin his ears back and get after the QB. But on the inside Melton and Crawford would have the shortest distance to the QB. He then goes into talking about Jerome Brown. Eagles player who died. And said it all started with him inside. when he died, even Reggie Whites sacks went down in Philly.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Because he can get up the field, but he is strong enough to hold the point against the run. He says this teams disruption is going to come from the inside not the outside. They dont have a player on the outside who can just pin his ears back and get after the QB. But on the inside Melton and Crawford would have the shortest distance to the QB. He then goes into talking about Jerome Brown. Eagles player who died. And said it all started with him inside. when he died, even Reggie Whites sacks went down in Philly.

Very astute observation from Big Nate! Brown was a one-man wrecking crew against the Cowboys and White and Simmons fed off of him.

I still like Crawford as the LDE.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score

my favorite part of the recap b/c i have been saying and thinking this ever since the draft show started 2 years ago....feels like his focus is so much on hosting shows now that the multimedia content on the site has taken a nose dive

he also doesn't add anything to the shows it's just an extra voice that takes your attention off the interesting content

i don't mean to gang up on the kid but he just really doesn't belong in front of a microphone

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

Well, that's kind of why Carolina's defense is successful. Two good DTs transformed their defense. Although Short/Lotulelei are more run-stuffers than pass-rushers.

QBs certainly don't want pressure right up in their face. Who knows, it could work out.

silver

Reaction score
When Brent gets back, he'll be the 1-tech. Right now Hayden is all we've got.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Well, that's kind of why Carolina's defense is successful. Two good DTs transformed their defense. Although Short/Lotulelei are more run-stuffers than pass-rushers.

QBs certainly don't want pressure right up in their face. Who knows, it could work out.

Bingo. you get alot better result when you have two DTs coming right at you up the middle.

silver

Reaction score
Hayden is playing because Terrell is out. Think he wouldve taken over by now.

He would've taken over based on what information? He only had 10 tackles last year and the Texans didnt even tender him a RFA offer which is peanuts. What has he done?