Recommended Talkin Cowboys 08.05 (nate newton)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They talked about Dallas not having a rusher outside. Thats why they need for that rush to come up the middle. Not by design, but by need. Me honestly i see this team going after somebody before the season starts. But theres something to this kid Bush. He might not be an every down guy, but on them passing downs the guy seems to have a knack for getting pressure so far in camp. Now we have to see if that translates into game situations. IMO with teams that play for pressuring the QB it does start inside. You break that pocket the QB will run to your DE most of the time.

I was trying to think of a guy with some experience at that end position who wasn't entirely used up but who might either be a headcase or a salary cap casualty. Maybe someone we flip a WR or an OG for as we near cut-downs. Someone like Dion Jordan in Miami only older and without a looming 4 game suspension, or maybe a little crazier or a little bit more damaged. Just enough to make him available for a year until Lawrence can get up to speed.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If all you stated was that it was a good thing to have interior pressure, no worries, you are absolutely right. But you simply cannot overcompensate inside and just expect things to stay static.

Other teams coach, they have good OLs and they can recognize strength and compensate. You have to have some sort of threat outside. The biggest issue is there is not a healthy end on this roster capable of doing more than Selvie did last year, which is sneak up on teams who reacted to the idea we had Ware. Even a threat of a strong pass rushing end will help. We just do not have that.

I'm putting my chips on Martez Wilson. He has the speed to get around the corner and will be one of the surprises that will come from the RDE position. His in similar situation as was Selvie last year. Right now is in the right position at the right time. He also has the speed and the athletic ability to be that speed rusher from the DE position.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I'm putting my chips on Martez Wilson. He has the speed to get around the corner and will be one of the surprises that will come from the RDE position. His in similar situation as was Selvie last year. Right now is in the right position at the right time. He also has the speed and the athletic ability to be that speed rusher from the DE position.

Wilson unless he's going up against Parnell or Weems every play isnt going to do much IMO

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Wilson unless he's going up against Parnell or Weems every play isnt going to do much IMO

Our DEs look terrible against Tyron Smith. Thus putting our DEs on Tyron is really not a great indication how they will fair against tackles from another team.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Our DEs look terrible against Tyron Smith. Thus putting our DEs on Tyron is really not a great indication how they will fair against tackles from another team.

We saw last yr what Wilson would do. Not much. Its not like he was a rookie. He's been in the nfl a few yrs. He is what he is.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Just give me some intensely active inside players that can dominate a five yard area...and I don't care about speed or further coverage area. Dominate up front, and this whole defense gets better. And it only has to be a five yard worth of territory on the field.

burmafrd

Reaction score
There's a big difference between pressure up the middle and pressure off the edge. Middle is preferable as it moves your QB off his spot and takes less time. Let 'em beat us rolling out.

Of course, pressure from everywhere is preferable. And pressure from hardly anywhere is probably most likely this season.

Have seen it happen many times. It is not that hard unless you have a real statue as a QB.