Talkin Cowboys or The Break?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Here's to hoping the angst and fervor over these two shows is due to our being off until Monday and already having locked up HOA. :muttley::huh::popcorn:
Nah for some the fervor has to do with not really respecting women as equals and turning it around as "sexism". I'm just trying to show them the error in their faux superhero ways while taking care of my uncle.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Blah blah blah. Its untrue in this case. Who said it was untrue universally? I'm not insecure about this at all but go ahead and be a victim.

I'm going to triple down on it in this instance too. Stop playing superhero. Everybody on both the shows are getting talked about so since there is no sexism in this case you look stupid trying to bring it up. That's like saying it racism in the world but it doesn't apply to the subject at hand. No stuff it is but let the claims be relevant to what is currently being talked about.

Honestly cape you're the one that is adding all this stuff on your own regarding Taylor. People just said she gets some of her football talking points from Bryan and you turn this into some feminist protect the women junk. Lastly all them points you pointed out about the guys have been said so what is your flipping point cape?

How does me saying you are insecure mean that I am playing the victim? Are you just going for whatever inflammatory, demeaning retort that you can think of? Generally speaking if you want to insult me and have it actually hit home it helps to actually make sense.

You have a strange notion of what a hero does if you think that is what I am trying to do. You can quadruple down on it if it makes you feel better. You don't even argue what I am claiming directly; instead you try and discredit what I say passively by attacking my character or baseless dismissals. It is getting you nowhere. You should eat your feedback.

Again, there is no basis that Stern gets fed her takes from Bryan. The notion that a woman gets anything good she comes up with from a man is a sexist cliche.

Again, David Helman and Rowan Kavner before him came directly out of LSU and Missouri respectively and no one criticized them for not deserving their spots. Claiming a woman does not deserve her place is a sexist cliche.

Broaddus, Mickey, Nate, Nick, Derek, etc say stupid inane things all the time. Stern says stumbles over a line and she is painted as inept. Claiming a woman is stupid or lacking talent is a sexist cliche.

You have tripled down on me. How about you single down on the matter at hand. It's called arguing on merit. Are you capable?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Nah for some the fervor has to do with not really respecting women as equals and turning it around as "sexism". I'm just trying to show them the error in their faux superhero ways while taking care of my uncle.

So not treating women as equals is not sexism? :laugh:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
How does me saying you are insecure mean that I am playing the victim? Are you just going for whatever inflammatory, demeaning retort that you can think of? Generally speaking if you want to insult me and have it actually hit home it helps to actually make sense.

You have a strange notion of what a hero does if you think that is what I am trying to do. You can quadruple down on it if it makes you feel better. You don't even argue what I am claiming directly; instead you try and discredit what I say passively by attacking my character or baseless dismissals. It is getting you nowhere. You should eat your feedback.

Again, there is no basis that Stern gets fed her takes from Bryan. The notion that a woman gets anything good she comes up with from a man is a sexist cliche.

Again, David Helman and Rowan Kavner before him came directly out of LSU and Missouri respectively and no one criticized them for not deserving their spots. Claiming a woman does not deserve her place is a sexist cliche.

Broaddus, Mickey, Nate, Nick, Derek, etc say stupid inane things all the time. Stern says stumbles over a line and she is painted as inept. Claiming a woman is stupid or lacking talent is a sexist cliche.

You have tripled down on me. How about you single down on the matter at hand. It's called arguing on merit. Are you capable?
You're playing the victim by posting this junk about me attacking you. I'm not doing that at all. You are caping and if you don't know what caping is look it up. If you just throw an insult about using such a word its okay. The only "insult" is cape aka white knighting and that's what you're doing. I get no kick out of random untrue "insults".

Nope in the context of this convo here is apt but you can't try to be obtuse and not understand what being a hero entails. I can't argue against things that are untrue because that's just emotion talking months other side but I see you are good at making up phony accusations. Nothing I've done was passive at all but whatever makes fits your narrative. I think its getting me everywhere on this one. You keep making things up and its actually quite funny to me.

Actually there is basis that she gets takes from Bryan or else all of us different people that don't even know each other wouldn't just say it to conspire against a person who doesn't even know we exist. You just don't want to see it because you are white knighting. People get thoughts for others all the time and I've heard them called out for it. I've said it on here to other posters but I guess you white signal didn't go off to save them? She can be criticisms without it being some "sexist" junk you and others are posting. Y'all are just as bad with this no criticism garbage y'all basically promoting because where is everyone asking for time stamp proof of the guys flaws?

Your questions are also silencing drivel that doesn't work on me. I said she deserved her spot because it wasn't like,this was espn or anything like that. Also its not sexist in and of itself. People feel,that way about men all the time and if you have beef with another poster cause it sure as hell isn't me regarding that you should call them out like I posted when you posted something I disagreed with. Don't extrapolate it to all people over some. That's silly esp when like you last example about the guys saying stupid stuff others have commented on them too. That's why it looks bad when your on your what about them spiel when these points have been raised in this exact thread.

I don't care if its a sexist cliche or not if you make a mistake cliche or not you deserved to get called out on it just like anybody else. I can argue on a lot of things counselor. I bet you're highly paid for your merit arguments on white knighting right? Lol

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You're playing the victim by posting this junk about me attacking you. I'm not doing that at all. You are caping and if you don't know what caping is look it up. If you just throw an insult about using such a word its okay. The only "insult" is cape aka white knighting and that's what you're doing. I get no kick out of random untrue "insults".

Nope in the context of this convo here is apt but you can't try to be obtuse and not understand what being a hero entails. I can't argue against things that are untrue because that's just emotion talking months other side but I see you are good at making up phony accusations. Nothing I've done was passive at all but whatever makes fits your narrative. I think its getting me everywhere on this one. You keep making things up and its actually quite funny to me.

Actually there is basis that she gets takes from Bryan or else all of us different people that don't even know each other wouldn't just say it to conspire against a person who doesn't even know we exist. You just don't want to see it because you are white knighting. People get thoughts for others all the time and I've heard them called out for it. I've said it on here to other posters but I guess you white signal didn't go off to save them? She can be criticisms without it being some "sexist" junk you and others are posting. Y'all are just as bad with this no criticism garbage y'all basically promoting because where is everyone asking for time stamp proof of the guys flaws?

Your questions are also silencing drivel that doesn't work on me. I said she deserved her spot because it wasn't like,this was espn or anything like that. Also its not sexist in and of itself. People feel,that way about men all the time and if you have beef with another poster cause it sure as hell isn't me regarding that you should call them out like I posted when you posted something I disagreed with. Don't extrapolate it to all people over some. That's silly esp when like you last example about the guys saying stupid stuff others have commented on them too. That's why it looks bad when your on your what about them spiel when these points have been raised in this exact thread.

I don't care if its a sexist cliche or not if you make a mistake cliche or not you deserved to get called out on it just like anybody else. I can argue on a lot of things counselor. I bet you're highly paid for your merit arguments on white knighting right? Lol

I have yet to call anyone out over sexism including you. Try and keep up.

If I am white knighting for women then you are white knighting for chauvinists. What difference does it make other than being a derisive characterization?

I demonstrated how the treatment was inequitable. I never claimed that she could not be criticized.

Whether or not you care is besides the point. You sure are intent about making it about you.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You have to ask yourself that question. I'm not the one treating women different based on gender. You're the sexist not me.

The guy who keeps tagging "captain save-a-hoe" in reference to those defending Taylor Stern (or really equality) is claiming he's not being chauvinistic.

Cheesecake isn't this rich.

To be clear, I don't think everyone that dislikes Stern is being sexist, but the comments some are making after further questioning are only helping to define themself.

Last edited:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The guy who keeps tagging "captain save-a-hoe" in reference to those defending Taylor Stern is claiming he's not being chauvinistic.

Cheesecake isn't this rich.

To be clear, I don't think everyone that dislikes Stern is being sexist, but the comments some are making after further questioning are identifying themselves.
Show me one post where I said captain save a ____ at using that actual word? Maybe your slang is limited but saying captain doesn't always have to have that at the end so spare me. You know what it means and it fits. Stop trying to make it more than that.

To be clear instead of worrying about my use of captain tell them other guys to say who they are talking to instead of saying general stuff when you can easily @ or quote who you're talking about.

@FuzzyLumpkins it makes no sense to go back and forth anymore. We are just saying the same things over and over. We aren't going to agree except to disagree so I'm leaving it right there.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Show me one post where I said captain save a ____ at using that actual word? Maybe your slang is limited but saying captain doesn't always have to have that at the end so spare me. You know what it means and it fits. Stop trying to make it more than that.

To be clear instead of worrying about my use of captain tell them other guys to say who they are talking to instead of saying general stuff when you can easily @ or quote who you're talking about.

@FuzzyLumpkins it makes no sense to go back and forth anymore. We are just saying the same things over and over. We aren't going to agree except to disagree so I'm leaving it right there.

You can leave but you never had a response to my examples of inequity.

You still have no examples or proof of Stern being fed her takes by Broaddus either.

You are indeed repeating derisive characterizations to dodge the above while I repeat it. I don't really care if you 'agree' or not. This is not about you or me from where I'm at.

Ciao.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You can leave but you never had a response to my examples of inequity.

You still have no examples or proof of Stern being fed her takes by Broaddus either.

You are indeed repeating derisive characterizations to dodge the above while I repeat it. I don't really care if you 'agree' or not. This is not about you or me from where I'm at.

Ciao.
There is no inequity on this issue so yes you're correct I don't have a response to something I think isn't true.

The proof is in the shows if you care to listen to all of them throughout the year. I'm not going to go back and listen to every one of them to find the times she parroted something Bryan says. If you think that makes you right in an online debate you can have it. Trust me you wouldn't want to go into a real debate or courtroom thinking such where if I absolutely had to so since they aren't edited could find instances of such.

Its always about "you and me" because you aren't changing anyone's thinking on the issue just as I'm not. The only thing left is to make it about you and me but you can say its more than that.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score

Tay...is bad...bad meaning good...:thumbup:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
There is no inequity on this issue so yes you're correct I don't have a response to something I think isn't true.

The proof is in the shows if you care to listen to all of them throughout the year. I'm not going to go back and listen to every one of them to find the times she parroted something Bryan says. If you think that makes you right in an online debate you can have it. Trust me you wouldn't want to go into a real debate or courtroom thinking such where if I absolutely had to so since they aren't edited could find instances of such.

Its always about "you and me" because you aren't changing anyone's thinking on the issue just as I'm not. The only thing left is to make it about you and me but you can say its more than that.

Again with the baseless dismissal in response to specific examples of bias. This is at the core of why we are going in circles.

I do watch the shows and find your assertion false. I don't make that my argument though because it's bankrupt. You cannot prove your claim. It is what it is.

I have no idea who thinks what or if a mind is changed. Speak for yourself and let them speak if they so choose. There is an objective reality beyond you, me, or anyone else. You make it about that because you choose to. You are hardly a victim of circumstance or anything else.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Ah, I see the level of intellectual dishonesty I'm dealing with here.

You're referencing "Captain Save-a-Hoe," which is an old E-40 song. Are you really going to play coy and say you're referencing Captain Save-a-Puppy?

Go ahead, tell me where the reference is from?

Nav22

Reaction score
LOL at those saying Taylor's not a hottie.

I forgot that this is the internet, where every guy dates a supermodel and drives a Ferrari.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Ah, I see the level of intellectual dishonesty I'm dealing with here.

You're referencing "Captain Save-a-Hoe," which is an old E-40 song. Are you really going to play coy and say you're referencing Captain Save-a-Puppy?

Go ahead, tell me where the reference is from?
Uh oh someone is really up on their rap. Stop him. Why would I play coy? You're not making sense on this issue cause no stuff that's one version of it. I'm saying you don't have to say that word but still say captain save em. Now words and phrases all only have one meaning? I also said superman, cape, white knight, which all also mean the same thing and don't have the word in it. What is your point? I'd say a woman is caping up, being a cape, captain save em too so how is that sexist?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
LOL at those saying Taylor's not a hottie.

I forgot that this is the internet, where every guy dates a supermodel and drives a Ferrari.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And there is nothing about her that describes 'hot'.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Again with the baseless dismissal in response to specific examples of bias. This is at the core of why we are going in circles.

I do watch the shows and find your assertion false. I don't make that my argument though because it's bankrupt. You cannot prove your claim. It is what it is.

I have no idea who thinks what or if a mind is changed. Speak for yourself and let them speak if they so choose. There is an objective reality beyond you, me, or anyone else. You make it about that because you choose to. You are hardly a victim of circumstance or anything else.
I could prove my claim if I absolutely had to. This is a messageboard you don't have subpoena power so I choose not to look for,those instances over a whole season of 5 shows a week over 16 weeks. Please. It doesn't mean it didn't happen but again if that's what makes you feel better have at it. You just have a crush on Taylor that's why you overlook stuff. I'm not a victim of anything but awesomeness my man.