Talkin Cowboys or The Break?

DTown214

Reaction score
Trade Rob for Taylor and the Break is great. I prefer The Break, but she really annoys me. Each show has had a string of awful hosts though.
lol I feel the same way about Molly Querim on First Take. Or especially when Cari Champion was still there. Listening to Cari Champion try to talk basketball was just cringeworthy.

Wood

Reaction score
For one, no one knew that Escobar had testicular cancer until she mentioned it. Also, she interviewed Dan Mullins who gave some great insight into Dak in TC.

She has come up with a bunch of other stuff that no one else knew as well, just escaping me at the moment. She has come so far in her football knowledge in the last year that I actually think she is one of the most knowledgeable on the set.

This after thinking that she was pretty useless when she first got there is a major turn around.

this was early on. She has been wreck last few weeks. She is drifting now. At times she is just creepy....and they have called her out on it.

Two pre-seasons ago while I was watching live feed....she was standing behind hosts (helman & gross) trying to get their attention. Now normal human being would position herself in front of them to get their attention. But she decides to stand behind them in camera view. People on twitter finally started tweeting them about creepy looking girl in backgroud. Finally host turned around to wave her off and said wow that is one creepy girl. Well it turns out its our very own Taylor Stern. She is just awkward. On cover 4 she can get by with short speaking points. Thats the show for her.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
The Break. Taylor says some weird things at times but is cute. Broaddus can seem like a ****** at times too but is very knowledgeable. I like Derek and nick too

Eh - we have plenty of cheerleaders to fill cute - better yet, smokin' hot.

I listen to the show for strong and knowledgeable opinions formulated around expertise. Taylor possesses none of those traits. Virtually anybody on this board can read Twitter or email questions and ask the other guys what they think.

I'm fine with a woman on the panel, but unfortunately, still in this day and age, they have to be better than good to get credibility.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Derek's "good." And while others might have more credibility, it's not necessary for him to have the most in order to justify his place in the room and on the mic.

I don't actually want four Bryan Broadduses. I don't want four Eagletons, or Eatmans, or Sterns.

A variety of voices and perspectives is a really good thing for a show like they're attempting to put on.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
this was early on. She has been wreck last few weeks. She is drifting now. At times she is just creepy....and they have called her out on it.

Two pre-seasons ago while I was watching live feed....she was standing behind hosts (helman & gross) trying to get their attention. Now normal human being would position herself in front of them to get their attention. But she decides to stand behind them in camera view. People on twitter finally started tweeting them about creepy looking girl in backgroud. Finally host turned around to wave her off and said wow that is one creepy girl. Well it turns out its our very own Taylor Stern. She is just awkward. On cover 4 she can get by with short speaking points. Thats the show for her.

I agree completely. She seems like a nice girl but I think she's in a little over her head. I think she would have been better suited doing high school sports coverage rather than jumping straight into the Dallas Cowboys from her sorority.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Have to love men who look for any mistake or stupid thing a woman says to judge her completely on and give a pass for a man doing the same thing.

If people held Broaddus to the same standard he would have a built in dunce cap.

I also love how people insist that a man, in this case Broaddus, is feeding her any info she says.

Sexism on exhibit.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Have to love men who look for any mistake or stupid thing a woman says to judge her completely on and give a pass for a man doing the same thing.

If people held Broaddus to the same standard he would have a built in dunce cap.

I also love how people insist that a man, in this case Broaddus, is feeding her any info she says.

Sexism on exhibit.
Tuck the cape away superman it is not needed. You can tell by just listening that she parrots a lot of stuff she heard from Bryan. Guys like you are no better than the ones you call sexist by defending women in a way you wouldn't do for a man.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score

Sexism on exhibit.

Taylor Stern is awful. This has nothing to do with her sex. She provides no insight, does not speak with confidence, and does not have a television/radio voice. My problem with her is that she went straight from a college campus to major sports talk. She's in over her head.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm fine with a woman on the panel, but unfortunately, still in this day and age, they have to be better than good to get credibility.

Wait, so you acknowledge the "unfortunate" reality and then turn around and perpetuate it, lol?

:huh:

Last edited:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Taylor has grown on me over time, I actually caught myself laughing out loud at her irrational level of hatred for Matt Ryan. It also seems like she may actually know a thing or two about college players – which I don't keep track of during the NFL season.

Talkin' Cowboys isn't all that entertaining and neither Mickey nor Nate do any homework on the rest of the league, so there's no insight. Rob just steers the ship, and it's a hard ship to steer with Mickey wanting to always take the show off the rails to whine about the 12 random people that sent him Twitter messages he didn't like.

Nate is good about his insight on the Cowboys team, but he doesn't study much of the league. He can barely remember the names of the players on the Cowboys, so he's definitely not going to know much about who the team is facing.

When both shows pop up on my Podcast feed, I always play The Break first.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Sexism on exhibit.

It has nothing to do with her sex. It's the understanding of football and what she brings to the conversation. That's me, can't speak for others.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Taylor Stern is awful. This has nothing to do with her sex. She provides no insight, does not speak with confidence, and does not have a television/radio voice. My problem with her is that she went straight from a college campus to major sports talk. She's in over her head.
I know the Boys have a lot of,fans but I don't think its "major sports talk. That's is reserved for espn, fox sports type of shows IMO not shows with the Lawyer who's been a Cowboys fan since he was 10 at the cotton bowl lol.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with her sex. It's the understanding of football and what she brings to the conversation. That's me, can't speak for others.
I don't even dislike her on the show tbh. Now Lindsay when she was on Talkin I didn't like cause she really didn't fit in IMO but Taylor is decent enough to me. I can see how some thinks she messes things up on the show and or would get called out (Randy Gregory situation)

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Fair enough. But it's major compared to high school sports on WFAA... where she should probably be at
Maybe but they always seem to have a girl on there and she is better than the cheerleader Sydney who brought nothing to the table but a pretty face. At least Taylor tries and her main job is some social media stuff anyway not this. She just filling the cute girl that a lot of men think is cute role and giving you some insight even if provided by hanging around Bryan. Its not I can't listen bad which is mainly reserved for callers for me lol

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Maybe but they always seem to have a girl on there and she is better than the cheerleader Sydney who brought nothing to the table but a pretty face. At least Taylor tries and her main job is some social media stuff anyway not this. She just filling the cute girl that a lot of men think is cute role and giving you some insight even if provided by hanging around Bryan. Its not I can't listen bad which is mainly reserved for callers for me lol

No way. At least Sydney had been with the team for quite some time (I think 8-10 years as a cheerleader), and new the sport. New the players. She brought more than just the ability to read twitter questions (TStern).

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No way. At least Sydney had been with the team for quite some time (I think 8-10 years as a cheerleader), and new the sport. New the players. She brought more than just the ability to read twitter questions (TStern).
Yeah we definitely disagree on this one. Sydney was good at talking cheerleader stuff but football stuff nah. Taylor knows the players too so I think they about the same on that front.

Merry Christmas, Richard.
Eh