Tampa Bay at Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Go Bucs. I could never ever root for an NFC East foe. Besides, do you think any Eagles forum board would be hoping for a Dallas win on any given Sunday? lol

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
ill root for Tampa, but I could see an upset because of the Philly dline, no Gronk, Tampa d banged up, Brady thumb

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Brady has some kind of hand injury . Probably throw for three bills and 2 TD’s

Brady's been doing that for years, gets on the injury list with some nebulous mystery injury with a vague description. He was on the "injury" list for years with the Pats, a shoulder I think it was, but never missed a game and won SB after SB.

Don't believe for a minute he has a hand "injury". And even if he does, the NFL requires every injury to be reported, but doesn't require specifics, they don't do independent medical exams to be sure teams aren't faking injuries, etc. A sore thumb could mean anything from a sprain to a hangnail.

How many players on teams that have clinched their playoff seed are "Injured" in the last game of the season and don't play?
Happens all the time....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I hope it ends in a tie.
Then, the ground opens up and swallows both franchises into the fiery depths of hell.

Scotman

Reaction score
I hope they beat the snot out of each other. I hope the Eagles lose. I hope Methuselah suddenly plays his age. I hope wildlife conservationists trash the Eagles for disgracing our national symbol. I hope the Buccaneers lose. I hope the game is so bad that the NFL decides to air a rerun of Heidi...AND NO ONE COMPLAINS.

You know what I won't be doing? Rooting for the Eagles. Or the Bucs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Good chance all 3 NFC East teams fall this weekend with Philly playing Tampa, Wash playing KC and NY vs Rams. Cowboys win would put us 3 game up on the division.

MTCowboyFan

Reaction score
No way in hell I'm cheering for the Eagles in this one. Can't do it, hope they get smoked bad.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Funny how some topics are deleted per moderator and how some are allowed. Consistency... be consistent and it will make this place better.

JBS

Reaction score
I'm with JBS. This team should have bigger aspirations than just winning a crappy division, so I'm not sure a somewhat competitive race isn't better than coasting into the end of the year with a huge lead. Plus a conference competitor losing.

That said, it won't hurt my feelings a bit to see the Eagles get stomped.

there is only 1 bye week in each conference. These people who are afraid of the eagles winning the division, are absurd. You hit the nail on the head, the goal here isn’t to scrap away a division title in the worst division in football. If we aren’t thinking bigger than that with this bunch, what are we doing? Mad how most of these people think

mardwin

Reaction score
I get what you're saying, but it's better to have separation in the division and then worry about the Bucs later. It's a long season and having a shot to take a 3 game lead on the rest of the division is a great place to be this early.

It is a win-win situation for Dallas. If Philly loses we can expand our lead in the division. If Tampa loses we are a .5 game ahead of them. Either way, taking the division is more important at this point because we don't want the Eagles too motivated.

jujoboys

Reaction score
There appears to be 5 contenders in the NFC. Yes, it’s early, things can change but the moment, these teams appear to be the class of the conference.

In no particular order

Arizona
Dallas
Green Bay
Los Angeles
Tampa Bay

Dallas has already lost to Tampa Bay. That game is going to have playoff implications as the season continues.

I’m not saying we should be rooting for Philadelphia to win tomorrow but I am saying we should be rooting for Tampa Bay to lose.

The Eagles are not going to be in the NFC East division race so don’t come in here with that garbage.

Go Bucs. We don't need any help from the Eagles. We just need to take care of our own business. I hope Brady destroys any bit of confidence the Eagles have left. Let the Eagles' fans continue looking over the 2022 draft prospects. I have been to a couple of Eagles' forums and their fan base is already gearing up for the 2022 draft and their potential 3 1st round picks. Hopefully they keep Roseman around to use those draft picks so we can be guaranteed they draft 3 1st round busts.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I remember in 2006, where the division was the afterthought. We thought we had it wrapped up. We go on a skid, Eagles catch fire and end up winning the East. We falter and get the wild card and get bounced by Seattle.

Worrying about home field early is silly. Our first goal is to win the East. Not our only goal but the first. Especially this team, who has no success at all. Eagles losing tonight gives us plenty of wiggle room.

I will never ever root for the Eagles to win a game they are supposed to lose. Remember, Panthers and Bucs were thought to be 2 easy losses for them. They took care of Carolina last week. Not good if they take care of tampa tonight. That is 2 wins they were not supposed to have. It also means they could become a threat as the season develops. Remember, this is Hurts first year starting. He could develop into the QB they want him to be. A win tonight would go a long way for that.

Go Bucs!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I know its not right and is against my fiber..but we should be rooting for the Beagles in a real top down NFC playoff kinda way...

Yeah I KNOW ITS WRONG!!!!

Motorola

Reaction score
There appears to be 5 contenders in the NFC. Yes, it’s early, things can change but the moment, these teams appear to be the class of the conference.

In no particular order

Arizona
Dallas
Green Bay
Los Angeles
Tampa Bay

Dallas has already lost to Tampa Bay. That game is going to have playoff implications as the season continues.

I’m not saying we should be rooting for Philadelphia to win tomorrow but I am saying we should be rooting for Tampa Bay to lose.

The Eagles are not going to be in the NFC East division race so don’t come in here with that garbage.
12 more games over nearly three more months (season finale for all 32 teams is January 9th).
Cowboys could wind up with less losses than the Buccaneers, with last year's Champs presumably getting an inspired effort from their remaining opponents - with perhaps one or two pulling off a victory.
Way too early to be concerned about that opening game loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.