Tampa Bay at Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorola

Reaction score
We did and pretty sure we will again a little later this season....we need people to start screwing the Bucs and Cards..lol
Cowboys get their own chance - hosting Cardinals the day after the 2022 New Year begins.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And, if rooting affected outcomes, I’d agree that we’d root for a Tampa loss. Since it doesn’t, I want Philly to lose, even if it doesn’t appear to be best for us on the surface. Because, screw Philly.

But then, it’s also the case that seasons are long, injuries can happen, teams can get hot, or get cold, and we don’t actually have the division on lock yet.

JBS

Reaction score
And, if rooting affected outcomes, I’d agree that we’d root for a Tampa loss. Since it doesn’t, I want Philly to lose, even if it doesn’t appear to be best for us on the surface. Because, screw Philly.

But then, it’s also the case that seasons are long, injuries can happen, teams can get hot, or get cold, and we don’t actually have the division on lock yet.

cool story

nobody

Reaction score
I don't care who wins. What I care about is the Cowboys taking care of business and not requiring help from anyone else.

JBS

Reaction score
I don't care who wins. What I care about is the Cowboys taking care of business and not requiring help from anyone else.

Unfortunately, the Cowboys do need help. So that idea doesn’t work.

nobody

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Cowboys do need help. So that idea doesn’t work.

No they don't. Yeah, TB beat them in game one. And? Why does that mean the Cowboys need help? Does that mean TB owns them and prevents them from playing them in the playoffs? No. So you're mistaken.

JBS

Reaction score
No they don't. Yeah, TB beat them in game one. And? Why does that mean the Cowboys need help? Does that mean TB owns them and prevents them from playing them in the playoffs? No. So you're mistaken.

yeah, I don’t think you have any clue what this thread is about. Now would be a good time to step away.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I hope the Bucs a nihilate the Eagles. But I wouldn't mind if the Eagles won for long term reasons.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I can root for the bucs to lose for this situation but I will not feel bad if they win either.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I fail to see this kind of take on it.
It is not help, it is a matter of playoff position for home games.
There is a limited about of games. So teams rely on others losing to help them.

Yes a team must take care of its own business first. But they still rely on these losses by other teams.
LAR has the tie breaker over TB. So their fans want LAR to drop a few games in spite if they keep winning.
Just as we need TB to drop a few games a
Even if we keep winning.

If we take care of business and win out we still need TB to lose another game.

So this reasoning does not make sense.

Reactions: JBS

JBS

Reaction score

Yes a team must take care of its own business first. But they still rely on these losses by other teams.
LAR has the tie breaker over TB. So their fans want LAR to drop a few games in spite if they keep winning.
Even if we keep winning.

lets see if he can understand this even if you spell it out for him

nobody

Reaction score
yeah, I don’t think you have any clue what this thread is about. Now would be a good time to step away.

Oh, I get it. The Cowboys needs help if they want to be the number one seed. There's plenty of season left to be hoping the Eagles of all teams beat TB.

nobody

Reaction score

Even if we keep winning.

It depends. IF I cared about who the number one seed was, I'd see your point. As long as the Cowboys make it to the playoffs and get to the NFCC, who cares what seed who is? They were the number one seed before and blew it. Will a bye week in the playoffs help them? Maybe. Will home field advantage help them? Maybe. But there's a lot of season left. TB and LAR can't keep us out of the playoffs if the Cowboys take care of business. Given how historically bad this defense was last year and how it's turning around, they might NEED an extra game in the playoffs for the experience.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, I get it. The Cowboys needs help if they want to be the number one seed. There's plenty of season left to be hoping the Eagles of all teams beat TB.

No way do I want the Eagles to win tonight.
Win the division first. TB has many games yet to root for losses.

Eagles losing and if we win, that is another full game ahead of them, and it is also a conference loss for them.
Also what comes into play is games between common opponents which I believe comes as a tie breaker before overall conference games.
Eagles lose, so will both have lost to TB.

Loso86

Reaction score
There appears to be 5 contenders in the NFC. Yes, it’s early, things can change but the moment, these teams appear to be the class of the conference.

In no particular order

Arizona
Dallas
Green Bay
Los Angeles
Tampa Bay

Dallas has already lost to Tampa Bay. That game is going to have playoff implications as the season continues.

I’m not saying we should be rooting for Philadelphia to win tomorrow but I am saying we should be rooting for Tampa Bay to lose.

The Eagles are not going to be in the NFC East division race so don’t come in here with that garbage.
Regardless of those other teams man we need to WIN our division period

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It depends. IF I cared about who the number one seed was, I'd see your point. As long as the Cowboys make it to the playoffs and get to the NFCC, who cares what seed who is? They were the number one seed before and blew it. Will a bye week in the playoffs help them? Maybe. Will home field advantage help them? Maybe. But there's a lot of season left. TB and LAR can't keep us out of the playoffs if the Cowboys take care of business. Given how historically bad this defense was last year and how it's turning around, they might NEED an extra game in the playoffs for the experience.

By the time the playoffs are here, they don’t need no extra game.
Again I fail to see this reasoning.
HFA and that bye week works wonders for the team at that point.
Most of all meaning you win two games to get to the SB, not 3 games. That is huge.
That week of rest is extremely important for players to heal up any injuries.

JBS

Reaction score
50% more likely to win the nfc getting a 1st round bye but the geniuses on this board rather worry about the eagles Lolol

Status
Not open for further replies.