Tampa or Dallas: Who has a better chance at Super Bowl?

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't think the reunion of Brady / Gronk gets TB any closer to the Sb than Dallas has right now. I say Dallas is closer. Brady and GGronk will not be the same as their younger years in NE. That is not even considering having a good HC or a defense.
I personally think it's DALL by a wide margin. And DALL may not even be a super bowl contender this season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Brady held the Pats back last season. That defense carried them.

He is done and the Bucs won’t even win their division IMO. Brady’s entire division is better than any team he has played twice in the last 5+ years and it’s going to be an adjustment playing in the NFC.

How often do offseason “dream teams” work out?

I can think of the Broncos maybe...but it took them an offseason to build a defense to actually win a SB..Manning had little to do with it.

They had no offensive weapons.

Dallas can protect him.. Give him a top RB to hand off to and a plethora of WRs that would include Gronk if he were here.

On top of that we get him out of the nasty outdoors elements and put him in a warm cozy dome stadium.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dallas has an opportunity to drastically improve the teams chances at winning a championship over the next 2 years but instead they decided to go down the path that leads to mediocrity.

We could’ve dumped Dak’s stupid deal that he wants... Added Tom Brady with Gronk coming with him.

Think of how much better we would be if we had those 2 on the roster.

Think of how much more entertaining Sunday’s would be vs watching our QB try his best to not lose a game against any team that isn’t horrible.

Brady, Gronk, and Zeke on the same team? That would be lethal.

I do not get why this team is so scared to make moves like this.

They are the king of the smart decision.. Well let’s see how well the Bucs do over the next 2 years vs Dallas and their smart moves.

Now go draft Tua.. Stop being scared.. Dump that horrible anchor of a contract that Dak wants and get a prolific young QB in here that is cheap.

Take some risks please.

firing Garrett and hiring MM is the path to mediocrity? Lol

whatever you say pal.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I personally think it's DALL by a wide margin. And DALL may not even be a super bowl contender this season.

I'm curious as to why you think so?

Obviously the OP has differing reasons for starting the thread, but I believe the "topic" is very intriguing.

Dallas lost a considerable amount on defense, for better or for worse is yet to be seen. They also lost a decent contributor on offense in Cobb, and the "ramifications" of Fredbeards retirement are currently unknown. They brought in an almost entirely new coaching staff, added a few pieces to the D, and obviously have the draft+FA afterwards.

I'm not going to even pretend to act like I know what Tampa has done outside of TB12 and Gronk, but I do know they were a few wINTston mistakes away from the playoffs. They also have the draft+FA to look forward to.

On paper, just between the two, you'd have to lean more towards Tampa. Not even bringing in the Conferences each play in, because I believe one could make a case that they're even-ish..though NO is still a powerhouse.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yes.. Brady, like all NFL players and coaches, are ego driven.

He left New England to scratch his ego and prove he could win in a different environment.

If Dallas were available there is no doubt Brady would’ve signed here over Tampa because there is no place better to scratch your ego then Dallas.

Look at how guys like Romo and Witten are treated without winning anything.

If Brady comes here and wins a Super Bowl with the Cowboy brand it would be huge for him..

Just being with Dallas and having a Dallas jersey would be huge sells for a guy like him.

Dallas can protect him better then Tampa, we have Zeke, and we have 2 talented WRs.

LOL People still think everyone dreams of being a Cowboy. Even hall of fame players? You got to be kidding. He moved his family to Florida to finish out his career. He wasn't going to Dallas for same mystical quest to prove anything. The guy has 6 championships. That stigma you mention doesn't exist anymore. Hasn't in a very long time. Jerry's a deterrent, specially for a guy of Brady's caliber.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The question that intrigues me is what team will be better this coming season. New England or Tampa.

robjay04

Reaction score
That’s the smart way to think..

We will see how it plays out in January. We make a lot of smart decisions and we sit at home or get knocked out of the playoffs early because we made smart decisions all offseason while teams like the Rams who went all in on draft/trades/and FA eliminate us with their stupid decisions.

And Rams have nothing to show for it and are in pieces now.

I know one of your favorite takes over the last few months is paying a QB hurts a team but I couldn’t disagree more.

Winning football games has a lot to do with coaching and sometimes luck.

Plenty of teams had championship caliber rosters despite paying a QB.

4 of the 6 NFC teams in the playoffs last season had a top 10 QB cap hit on their roster. Only teams that did not were the Eagles and 49ers...both of their QB’s have long term deals for their QB’s paying them annually a large chunk of the cap.

Just because you don’t win a SB doesn’t mean your roster isn’t ready. Sometimes coaching or pure luck gets in the way.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I’ll take Tampa until Brady proves otherwise. But to me they are very very close. Could go either way.

if Dallas fixes defense in the draft we could be really good with mm

robjay04

Reaction score
They had no offensive weapons.

Dallas can protect him.. Give him a top RB to hand off to and a plethora of WRs that would include Gronk if he were here.

On top of that we get him out of the nasty outdoors elements and put him in a warm cozy dome stadium.

Or it’s possible he is just past his prime.

Brady is one of a kind but eventually his age is going to catch up to him and I believe it has happened.

kskboys

Reaction score
Or it’s possible he is just past his prime.

Brady is one of a kind but eventually his age is going to catch up to him and I believe it has happened.
Brady looked bad last year. He's like Payton his last year, he knows what to do but doesn't have possess the skills any more to pull it off.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Right now, today, Bucs. They have a settled QB situation and we don't. In a season where you are not likely to see as much time to prepare for the season, that will be key IMO.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL People still think everyone dreams of being a Cowboy. Even hall of fame players? You got to be kidding. He moved his family to Florida to finish out his career. He wasn't going to Dallas for same mystical quest to prove anything. The guy has 6 championships. That stigma you mention doesn't exist anymore. Hasn't in a very long time. Jerry's a deterrent, specially for a guy of Brady's caliber.

A lot of young players still dream of playing for Dallas and vets understand that playing in Dallas is a good business decision as well unless there is money on the table elsewhere.

If Dallas and another team make the same offer and you aren’t chasing a championship then it’s a stupid decision to not play on a team puts your brand out there better then any other team can.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I remember there was talk that they were interested, guessing they reached out and Brady said no thanks.

Redline360

Reaction score
Will we see what type of level Brady is capable at playing at still thats for sure. Last year was by no means his best year but his offensive help outside of eldeman was damn near useless. The offense never meshed

DFWJC

Reaction score
Ignoring any of the Dak talk and just taking the OP title at face value: Good question?
I haven't looked it up but I suspect the odds are pretty similar between the two teams.
I think the answer is "neither" but would slightly favor Tampa Bay. However, they have their warts too.

Big_D

Reaction score
A lot of young players still dream of playing for Dallas and vets understand that playing in Dallas is a good business decision as well unless there is money on the table elsewhere.

If Dallas and another team make the same offer and you aren’t chasing a championship then it’s a stupid decision to not play on a team puts your brand out there better then any other team can.

young players.. who may or may not ever make it in the league. aka fans. Existing players don't think like this. Hall of fame players certainly don't think like this. We'd have every FA available. Tom Brady don't need the Cowboys to extend his brand. But guys with no money, sure we'd love to play for the Cowboys! lol

Paradox

Reaction score
I was also hoping they were going to go after Brady. I'm gonna be pissed if the Bucs win the damn Super Bowl. In fairness though, they couldn't have known the deal would come with a Gronk.

The Cowboys have tremendous team talent. They shouldn't have to pay such a lopsided amount to a QB who in my opinion is just a mid-level talent with great leadership. It appears he's greedy, too. If he ran the ball more often and learned to lead his slot receivers I wouldn't mind that part so much.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why you think so?

Obviously the OP has differing reasons for starting the thread, but I believe the "topic" is very intriguing.

Dallas lost a considerable amount on defense, for better or for worse is yet to be seen. They also lost a decent contributor on offense in Cobb, and the "ramifications" of Fredbeards retirement are currently unknown. They brought in an almost entirely new coaching staff, added a few pieces to the D, and obviously have the draft+FA afterwards.

I'm not going to even pretend to act like I know what Tampa has done outside of TB12 and Gronk, but I do know they were a few wINTston mistakes away from the playoffs. They also have the draft+FA to look forward to.

On paper, just between the two, you'd have to lean more towards Tampa. Not even bringing in the Conferences each play in, because I believe one could make a case that they're even-ish..though NO is still a powerhouse.
A couple of reasons.

1. Brady is done. He's flinching badly if the rush gets anywhere near him.
2. No RB(that I'm aware of).
3. Mediocre D that lost Suh, who was a primary cog in their #1 ranked run D.(Unless they resigned him)
4. Questionable OLine.
5. Must change the O. Brady cannot run a downfield passing attack any more. Will Arians do it? Don't know.
6. 2 injury prone TE's.

Now, don't get me wrong, the Cowboys aren't there yet. I'm seeing about 5 players we need. And Dak to cut his crapp.

If TB runs a downfield passing attack, Brady will be injured before midseason.