Tampa or Dallas: Who has a better chance at Super Bowl?

Verdict

Reaction score
They made Brady an offer.

He wanted to leave.

Brady is leaving for a team with better offensive players.

If you were the Patriots and you believed in Brady wouldn’t you do everything you could do to keep him?

The fact that the Patriots didn’t try that hard to keep Brady should tell you a lot. Brady HAS the intellect to go back to the super bowl. What his doesn’t have as much of as what he had is physical ability.

I think the Bucs made a mistake, but we will see.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Give me break. All players are doing their thing and have millions of fans watching. Most valuable sports franchise doesn't put money in the players pocket. That exposure is available to every team. You think fans won't be watching TB? You're fooling yourself.

And again Tom Brady doesn't need Jerry to market anything. I'm sure he's doing OK.

You’re the one fooling yourself if you think players don’t think that playing for the biggest brand is an advantage. In what form of business is that true?

In what sport is that true? Only football because it’s Dallas? Lol please.. You need to re-evaluate your stance on this.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas has an opportunity to drastically improve the teams chances at winning a championship over the next 2 years but instead they decided to go down the path that leads to mediocrity.

We could’ve dumped Dak’s stupid deal that he wants... Added Tom Brady with Gronk coming with him.

Think of how much better we would be if we had those 2 on the roster.

Think of how much more entertaining Sunday’s would be vs watching our QB try his best to not lose a game against any team that isn’t horrible.

Brady, Gronk, and Zeke on the same team? That would be lethal.

I do not get why this team is so scared to make moves like this.

They are the king of the smart decision.. Well let’s see how well the Bucs do over the next 2 years vs Dallas and their smart moves.

Now go draft Tua.. Stop being scared.. Dump that horrible anchor of a contract that Dak wants and get a prolific young QB in here that is cheap.

Take some risks please.

Because unlike you the Cowboys believe in Dak ability as a QB. Your whole premise is based on your own views of Dak.

Proof

Reaction score
I don't think Brady or Gronk finish the season playing. Gronk has back issues and a history of other problems. I see him being on IR by the end of the season. Brady seems to have an issue with his elbow and he has Father Time breathing down his neck. If I were a GM, I am not interested in bringing in old players. Football is for the young. Just my 2 cents. I could be completely wrong, but by the middle of the season, we will know how Father Time is treating both players.

I’d be willing to bet a thousand dollars the Bucs don’t win a SB.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well I disagree..

There is certain circumstances where not playing in Dallas is the right move but Dallas has a lot of marketing advantages that other teams just can’t provide as well as no state income when you sign.

Gerald McCoy just signed here btw because he always wanted to play for his favorite team.

Brady is a bad example IMO. His Wife's career drove a lot of the decision making process in where Brady signed IMO. The overwhelming majority of players in the NFL do not have that issue. Not saying that they don't have reasons why they might not want to be in Dallas, but Brady's situation is unique IMO.

Proof

Reaction score
You’re the one fooling yourself if you think players don’t think that playing for the biggest brand is an advantage. In what form of business is that true?

In what sport is that true? Only football because it’s Dallas? Lol please.. You need to re-evaluate your stance on this.

I mean the knicks haven’t been able to land a marquee FA in ... ever?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you were the Patriots and you believed in Brady wouldn’t you do everything you could do to keep him?

The fact that the Patriots didn’t try that hard to keep Brady should tell you a lot. Brady HAS the intellect to go back to the super bowl. What his doesn’t have as much of as what he had is physical ability.

Brady wanted out. He wants to prove himself without Belichick. It’s obvious.

Both want an opportunity to perform without the other. They are ego maniacs and Brady and Belichick both want this opportunity.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Name a few advantages?

Um how about having the most people watching you play on Sundays vs any other team and playing on the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

Dallas provides exposure to your brand.

Our FAs get over valued by other teams too. Randall Cobb just got a big deal after signing a 1 year deal with us.

I've seen this theory posted often although rarely see it bear fruit.

In this case it's really a stretch. Tom Brady doesn't need exposure to his brand.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I mean the knicks haven’t been able to land a marquee FA in ... ever?

Bad comparison.

We are the Lakers.. We are the Yankees.. We are Barcelona. We’re actually more valuable then all of them.

There is a reason sports talk shows are talking Dallas every day.. The Cowboys are good for business. How do you guys not know this?

Big_D

Reaction score

Are fans clamoring for Clear Eye view eye wear or Hot Boyz merch? lol Tom Brady doesn't need Jerry to push his brand.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
So, you want them to trade up for Tua? Who may have a redshirt year this upcoming season. Which would mean we would need Dak to sign his tender or go with another QB.

That trade up will probably cost the 2021 1st as well.

I don't believe he'll fall, even with some teams flunking him. His potential is just too high, even with his shaky medicals

What if we don’t have a season, and we have to pay Dak. We could just redshirt Tua let him get healthy and go into next year.

Verdict

Reaction score
Brady wanted out. He wants to prove himself without Belichick. It’s obvious.

Both want an opportunity to perform without the other. They are ego maniacs and Brady and Belichick both want this opportunity.

While that’s probably true, the Patriots didn’t try very hard to keep Brady. That should tell you something. It won’t tell you anything, because you want to believe what you want to believe.

Next thing you know you will be saying Dez should go there so we will rue the day.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've seen this theory posted often although rarely see it bear fruit.

In this case it's really a stretch. Tom Brady doesn't need exposure to his brand.

Look at the contracts our own players get and even guys we let walk get... How can you say it doesn’t bear fruit.

Players that weren’t even good here have jobs because they played with the Cowboys.

Bryan Broadus, a failed scout, is popular in the local media because he was associated with the Cowboys.

Players that play decent here and we let walk get big bucks when they leave.

The Dallas Cowboys economy is rolling.

Someone actually gave Jason Garrett an offensive coordinator job and he is one of the worst offensive coaches I’ve ever witnessed.

Big_D

Reaction score
Bad comparison.

We are the Lakers.. We are the Yankees.. We are Barcelona. We’re actually more valuable then all of them.

There is a reason sports talk shows are talking Dallas every day.. The Cowboys are good for business. How do you guys not know this?

value and winning aren't the same. They're not even close.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
While that’s probably true, the Patriots didn’t try very hard to keep Brady. That should tell you something. It won’t tell you anything, because you want to believe what you want to believe.

Next thing you know you will be saying Dez should go there so we will rue the day.

It doesn’t tell me anything.

They are not in a better position next year as of now.

Tampa Bay is.

As “washed up” as he was last year they still won 12 games while not giving him any offensive playmakers.

Put him in a cozy dome with Zeke, Amari, Gallup, Gronk, and a OLine and let’s see how he does how about that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
value and winning aren't the same. They're not even close.

We were discussing why vets would want to come here. Because it’s good for their brand.. I never brought up winning.

Verdict

Reaction score
Do you guys see the Patriots getting in the playoffs this year? With that defense and in that division I do. The hoodie didn’t get much out of Brady last year. It won’t take much from the QB position to get back to where they were last year.

The Patriots will have a little bit of room under the cap based on Brady’s departure. That will give them flexibility they have not had in a while.

Do I see the Bucs in the super bowl this year? No, I don’t. And if the Bucs don’t win it within the next two years they can start all over again.

I think this is a big risk (and a swing and a miss) for the Bucs.

John813

Reaction score
What if we don’t have a season, and we have to pay Dak. We could just redshirt Tua let him get healthy and go into next year.

If there's no season, they don't pay Dak any real money, even if he signs the tag. The tag is paid out over the course of the season on a weekly basis. I assume contracts would be tolled if the season is cancelled.

I like a handful of QB's this draft, but I just don't see Tua as realistic at 17. And I'm not a big fan of trading up that high to acquire him.

Verdict

Reaction score
It doesn’t tell me anything.

They are not in a better position next year as of now.

Tampa Bay is.

As “washed up” as he was last year they still won 12 games while not giving him any offensive playmakers.

Put him in a cozy dome with Zeke, Amari, Gallup, Gronk, and a OLine and let’s see how he does how about that.

The Patriots are BETTER in two ways. 1. More cap space. 2. More athleticism at the QB position.

Tom Brady is not in Dallas, your dream is only a pipe dream. If Dallas wanted Brady they would have Brady. We did not want Brady.

It IS possible though that Dak overplays his hand enough that Dallas pulls the trigger on a guy like Hurts though. That would put some pressure on Dak to decide if he wants to be the Cowboys QB or not.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Well, we don't know what's true and what's not all the time but we know that Kraft did say that if Tom wanted to stay in New England, the team would have figured out how to make it happen. It doesn't sound like Brady really wanted to stay in New England to me.