Tampa or Dallas: Who has a better chance at Super Bowl?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Wonder how many of you upset by Prescott's contract demands were cheering when Zeke reset the RB market.

Batman1980

Reaction score
A couple of reasons.

1. Brady is done. He's flinching badly if the rush gets anywhere near him.
2. No RB(that I'm aware of).
3. Mediocre D that lost Suh, who was a primary cog in their #1 ranked run D.(Unless the resigned him)
4. Questionable OLine.
5. Must change the O. Brady cannot run a downfield passing attack any more. Will Arians do it? Don't know.
6. 2 injury prone TE's.

Now, don't get me wrong, the Cowboys aren't there yet. I'm seeing about 5 players we need. And Dak to cut his crapp.

If TB runs a downfield passing attack, Brady will be injured before midseason.

Godwin, Howard, Evans, Gronkowski and so forth are all devastating with the ball in their hands.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Slight edge to Bucs at this time. TB12 will be playing the Saints and Falcons twice a year. It will be a tough division to win. Cowboys can’t even win the trash NFCE.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
young players.. who may or may not ever make it in the league. aka fans. Existing players don't think like this. Hall of fame players certainly don't think like this. We'd have every FA available. Tom Brady don't need the Cowboys to extend his brand. But guys with no money, sure we'd love to play for the Cowboys! lol

Well I disagree..

There is certain circumstances where not playing in Dallas is the right move but Dallas has a lot of marketing advantages that other teams just can’t provide as well as no state income when you sign.

Gerald McCoy just signed here btw because he always wanted to play for his favorite team.

kskboys

Reaction score
Godwin, Howard, Evans, Gronkowski and so forth are all devastating with the ball in their hands.
The WR's, yes. The TE's can't stay healthy.

And you must address the other issues. OL and scheme. Will they completely change it up? Not sure I've ever heard of an NFL coordinator completely changing what he does. Maybe Pederson of the Eagles, when he went back and watched tape to find out what made Foles successful, and then made some changes. Have no idea if it was a complete change of O, though.

kskboys

Reaction score
Wonder how many of you upset by Prescott's contract demands were cheering when Zeke reset the RB market.
Not sure I remember anyone being happy about Zeke's contract mess. I mean, there's always some nimrod spewing "just pay him", but those types should really just be ignored(Admittedly, not always easy!!!)

Big_D

Reaction score
Well I disagree..

There is certain circumstances where not playing in Dallas is the right move but Dallas has a lot of marketing advantages that other teams just can’t provide.

Gerald McCoy just signed here btw because he always wanted to play for his favorite team.

Come on. where's the advantage for the players here today? Name a few marketing advantages we're seeing right now? With the advent of the internet, there are fans of every team all over the world. And Brady doesn't need Jerry to market anything for him. Gerald McCoy just got released and the opportunities were minimal.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dallas has an opportunity to drastically improve the teams chances at winning a championship over the next 2 years but instead they decided to go down the path that leads to mediocrity.

We could’ve dumped Dak’s stupid deal that he wants... Added Tom Brady with Gronk coming with him.

Think of how much better we would be if we had those 2 on the roster.

Think of how much more entertaining Sunday’s would be vs watching our QB try his best to not lose a game against any team that isn’t horrible.

Brady, Gronk, and Zeke on the same team? That would be lethal.

I do not get why this team is so scared to make moves like this.

They are the king of the smart decision.. Well let’s see how well the Bucs do over the next 2 years vs Dallas and their smart moves.

Now go draft Tua.. Stop being scared.. Dump that horrible anchor of a contract that Dak wants and get a prolific young QB in here that is cheap.

Take some risks please.

Tom Brady is either “done” or “almost done”. The Hoodie knew that a year or two ago when he wanted to move Brady for picks. The owner nixed that one, which was a bad move in hindsight.

It is possible that Brady will win a SB for the Bucs, but I don’t think it is likely. I think Brady’s physical skills are a liability at this point.

Think back on it. We played at Boston last year and Brady couldn’t manage any offense against our struggling defense. That should be an indicator or where things were headed. He had one of the best defenses in the league and couldn’t do anything against us.

Gronk, when healthy, is a beast. But his best days are behind him too. Both of them may have enough left in the tank to get it done, but that’s a very short window of opportunity.

Dak isn’t the best QB in the NFL by a long shot, but he did take a step forward last year. If you look at what Dak and Brady bring to the table at this point in their career, you would probably choose Dak over Brady every time.

It doesn’t matter what Brady has done. It matters what he will do going forward. The Patriots think he is done or they would not have let him go. The Hoodie is in a better position than anyone else to know what Brady’s abilities are.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Come on. where's the advantage for the players here today? Name a few marketing advantages we're seeing right now? With the advent of the internet, there are fans of every team all over the world. And Brady doesn't need Jerry to market anything for him. Gerald McCoy just got released and the opportunities were minimal.

Name a few advantages?

Um how about having the most people watching you play on Sundays vs any other team and playing on the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

Dallas provides exposure to your brand.

Our FAs get over valued by other teams too. Randall Cobb just got a big deal after signing a 1 year deal with us.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tom Brady is either “done” or “almost done”. The Hoodie knew that a year or two ago when he wanted to move Brady for picks. The owner nixed that one, which was a bad move in hindsight.

It is possible that Brady will win a SB for the Bucs, but I don’t think it is likely. I think Brady’s physical skills are a liability at this point.

Think back on it. We played at Boston last year and Brady couldn’t manage any offense against our struggling defense. That should be an indicator or where things were headed. He had one of the best defenses in the league and couldn’t do anything against us.

Gronk, when healthy, is a beast. But his best days are behind him too. Both of them may have enough left in the tank to get it done, but that’s a very short window of opportunity.

Dak isn’t the best QB in the NFL by a long shot, but he did take a step forward last year. If you look at what Dak and Brady bring to the table at this point in their career, you would probably choose Dak over Brady every time.

It doesn’t matter what Brady has done. It matters what he will do going forward. The Patriots think he is done or they would not have let him go. The Hoodie is in a better position than anyone else to know what Brady’s abilities are.

They made Brady an offer.

He wanted to leave.

Brady is leaving for a team with better offensive players.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I'm neither upset nor cheering, and I wasn't then either.

I have/had some doubts about both contracts but resigned myself to the fact that they're going to happen, regardless.

RS12

Reaction score
Heard on radio this AM with acquisition of Gronk, TB went from 17 to 1 down to 14 to 1 in Vegas FWIW.

Big_D

Reaction score
Name a few advantages?

Um how about having the most people watching you play on Sundays vs any other team and playing on the most valuable sports franchise in the world.

Dallas provides exposure to your brand.

Our FAs get over valued by other teams too. Randall Cobb just got a big deal after signing a 1 year deal with us.

Give me break. All players are doing their thing and have millions of fans watching. Most valuable sports franchise doesn't put money in the players pocket. That exposure is available to every team. You think fans won't be watching TB? You're fooling yourself.

And again Tom Brady doesn't need Jerry to market anything. I'm sure he's doing OK.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Exactly, so what would that say about the Ewok? Plus he probably knows how much more valuable receivers are than RB’s.

It doesn't say anything about "Ewok" or Brady. You're just making baseless assumptions and projecting your own feelings on Brady.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Give me break. All players are doing their thing and have millions of fans watching. Most valuable sports franchise doesn't put money in the players pocket. That exposure is available to every team. You think fans won't be watching TB? You're fooling yourself.

And again Tom Brady doesn't need Jerry to market anything. I'm sure he's doing OK.

giphy.gif