Tampa or Dallas: Who has a better chance at Super Bowl?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We have Zeke.. That’s the thing..

We don’t need Brady throwing 40 times a game..

The guy won a championship 2 years ago and he is not nearly as washed as people make you believe last year.. That team had no offensive weapons and he still lead them to 12-4 record with a strong defense.

Gronk and Brady over the next 2 years drastically improves our chances at a Super Bowl over Wack Prescot.
I agree, but the jones boys had no interest in Brady, and Brady might not have wanted to come here, no way to know.
only 2-3 teams expressed a interest in him, and he chose TB.
I think he puts them in the playoffs, will be fun to watch.
Now he has Gronk back and some good wr, I wonder if they have a good rb?
gronk may not be able to stay healthy, I would play him on 3rd downs only and try and save him for playoffs.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Brady or Gronk finish the season playing. Gronk has back issues and a history of other problems. I see him being on IR by the end of the season. Brady seems to have an issue with his elbow and he has Father Time breathing down his neck. If I were a GM, I am not interested in bringing in old players. Football is for the young. Just my 2 cents. I could be completely wrong, but by the middle of the season, we will know how Father Time is treating both players.
Agree. Ultimately the Bucs have set themselves back.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I personally think it's DALL by a wide margin. And DALL may not even be a super bowl contender this season.
So what are your record predictions...roughly
By wide margin, it sounds like
11-5 Dallas
7-9 Tampa?

Or do you have it closer than that

fwiw
I'm thinking 10-6 for both right now, but will wait until after after the draft, etc

DFWJC

Reaction score
Agree. Ultimately the Bucs have set themselves back.
Set themselves back from 8-8?
Just asking.

I would think they draft a QB this year and let him learn under Brady (instead of Winston) for two years.
That doesn't seem like a regression vs where they were

Gronk is an afterthought, imo
If he is healthy there's an upside, but otherwise they have a decent Brate

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are doomed in this league if you are relying on a 43 year old quarterback and a tight end who just came out of retirement......

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Set themselves back from 8-8?
Just asking.

I would think they draft a QB this year and let him learn under Brady (instead of Winston) for two years.
That doesn't seem like a regression vs where they were

That is a good point, if Tampa drafts a QB. I think it will be interesting to see how Brady does. He goes from an offense that he knew like the back on his hand to a different system and different players up front protecting him. I'm not as sold as some that Brady will be the same in TB that he has under Belicheck in NE

DFWJC

Reaction score
That is a good point, if Tampa drafts a QB. I think it will be interesting to see how Brady does. He goes from an offense that he knew like the back on his hand to a different system and different players up front protecting him. I'm not as sold as some that Brady will be the same in TB that he has under Belicheck in NE
Arians said Brady was so ridiculously prepared when they met that he could tell him every detail of the Arians offense from last year and dating back to Arizona. Had he and the other coaches heads spinning and in awe.
Thinks he is a great fit for what he does.

I really look forward to seeing how this plays out. The guy is over 42 now and human, so he he absolutely has to have declined some.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I can't stand Brady. He is a flat out cheater. If Dallas had signed him, I would have shut off the TV and not looked at the Cowboys again until Brady was gone.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You are doomed in this league if you are relying on a 43 year old quarterback and a tight end who just came out of retirement......
Don't really think they are "depending" on Gronk. Just a wildcard
As for Brady. It's for 1 or 2 years. I don't see it as even a remote gamble for the short term
Still hope Dallas beats their tail though

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Arians said Brady was so ridiculously prepared when they met that he could tell him every detail of the Arians offense from last year and dating back to Arizona. Had he and the other coaches heads spinning and in awe.
Thinks he is a great fit for what he does.

I really look forward to seeing how this plays out. The guy is over 40 now and human, so he he absolutely has to have declined some.

I saw a lot of unBrady like throws from Tom last season especially when under pressure, there were several instance where I watched him throw It up from grabs. I'm not as convinced that Brady will play to the level he has in NE. Great thing about sports my opinion does not matter it will all be prove on the field of play.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As for Brady. It's for 1 or 2 years. I don't see it as even a remote gamble for the short term

It is not a gamble if as you said they invest in a QB to sit behind Brady.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wasn't saying they were dependent on him. The OP seems to think Gronk, Zeke and Brady would be unstoppable. I would not be leaning on 2 of the 3.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm not wih the Op on Dallas tryng to get Brady

But assuming they grab some oline and RB help in the first 3 rounds--which I assume they will---here is my guess for his year
  1. the main thing will be leadership and intangibles but
  2. his stats will also be good: 35 TDs/9 ints, 4450 yards

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would hate to be a fan of a team that’s facing a Super Bowl or bust season with a 43 year old QB and a beat up TE who’s coming out of retirement. The best the Bucs can hope for is two seasons out of Brady and Gronk.

Praxit

Reaction score
..bro, we are the new Dynasty. ;).. Big Mike is putting on the Landry Hat.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Yes.. Brady, like all NFL players and coaches, are ego driven.

He left New England to scratch his ego and prove he could win in a different environment.

If Dallas were available there is no doubt Brady would’ve signed here over Tampa because there is no place better to scratch your ego then Dallas.

Look at how guys like Romo and Witten are treated without winning anything.

If Brady comes here and wins a Super Bowl with the Cowboy brand it would be huge for him..

Just being with Dallas and having a Dallas jersey would be huge sells for a guy like him.

Dallas can protect him better then Tampa, we have Zeke, and we have 2 talented WRs.

I was on board if Dallas dumped Dak and went for Brady. Dak is good but needs elite pieces around him. Signing Dak to 10 years is not the same as having Brees or Brady for 10 years. We will always need to support Dak with high caliber compliments to compete at a high level. So I would rather go for broke with Brady for 2 years.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Any team bringing in a new QB and a new HC are going to be at a disadvantage if teams can’t actually practice anytime soon. You can only do so much virtually. The Cowboys will be facing an even bigger disadvantage if Dak doesn’t participate in the virtual offseason.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Dallas has no chance of the SB this year... please for the love of God

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Dallas has an opportunity to drastically improve the teams chances at winning a championship over the next 2 years but instead they decided to go down the path that leads to mediocrity.

We could’ve dumped Dak’s stupid deal that he wants... Added Tom Brady with Gronk coming with him.

Think of how much better we would be if we had those 2 on the roster.

Think of how much more entertaining Sunday’s would be vs watching our QB try his best to not lose a game against any team that isn’t horrible.

Brady, Gronk, and Zeke on the same team? That would be lethal.

I do not get why this team is so scared to make moves like this.

They are the king of the smart decision.. Well let’s see how well the Bucs do over the next 2 years vs Dallas and their smart moves.

Now go draft Tua.. Stop being scared.. Dump that horrible anchor of a contract that Dak wants and get a prolific young QB in here that is cheap.

Take some risks please.
we have a coming out of retirement because of risk TE and a "holy hell a QB with his AARP membership"

then we have a dysfunctional team that has to regroup from 9 years of "the clap" and re-define itself.

at this point the better question is which turd flushes first.