Tampa or Dallas: Who has a better chance at Super Bowl?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They were but to me the moves weren't just Winston or Brady. They had more options than that. My issue is I think Brady is done. He's too old to play quarterback in this league. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. Buccs should make things interesting though.

Brady is declining but he’s not done at least not yet. He had over 4000 yards last season with 24 TDs and only 8 Ints. His numbers were pretty good for a QB who didn’t have many weapons on offense. Gronk along with Evans gives him some weapons. I could see Brady having a pretty productive year with Tampa provided their OL holds up.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Brady is declining but he’s not done at least not yet. He had over 4000 yards last season with 24 TDs and only 8 Ints. His numbers were pretty good for a QB who didn’t have many weapons on offense. Gronk along with Evans gives him some weapons. I could see Brady having a pretty productive year with Tampa provided their OL holds up.
Look at the possessions he had. I think it was 2 to 1 because of the defense You really have to look at the entire picture we just can’t pick and choose what makes your point

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Reason why I think Brady is done. He doesn’t have the coaching support. It’s a team it’s an organization it’s not a Brady

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
TB is starting to remind me of the 2019 Browns and the Eagles Dream Team (2011?). I predict they make some noise but miss the playoffs. Prolly 3rd place in division.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Look at the possessions he had. I think it was 2 to 1 because of the defense You really have to look at the entire picture we just can’t pick and choose what makes your point

It doesn’t matter how many possessions he had because of his defense. lol He didn’t have a typical Brady like season but it was more than respectable with the lack of weapons he had at the skill positions. The lack of weapons he had was likely a big factor as to why he moved on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Reason why I think Brady is done. He doesn’t have the coaching support. It’s a team it’s an organization it’s not a Brady

The Pats success all started with Brady. He turned that organization into the greatest dynasty ever. Belichick was going nowhere as a HC until Brady came along.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If only you didn’t have an agenda to slam Prescott I might take you with some seriousness

Nothing wrong with Dak.. Just his contract demands and what he is as a player is what I have problems with.

He’s solid..

I just don’t see us winning a title when he and all of these others who got paid have to carry the team when we couldn’t even find playoff success on their rookie deals.

Dallas needs a more reliable passer.. A more prolific passer.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
ITs the same type of weapons he's always had though. Aside from the Moss years he's never had elite receivers.

The telling thing to me is its not just last year. The past two years he's been declining. And this is declining. Being 42 or 43 are we to expect him to get better? IF so, I'd like to see proof of someone who actually got better into their 40's. I just can't think of anyone. I hate to keep bringing up Father Time but he is undefeated. All it take is one offseason. Learning a new offense, new system....Father Time......good luck to him.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, you want them to trade up for Tua? Who may have a redshirt year this upcoming season. Which would mean we would need Dak to sign his tender or go with another QB.

That trade up will probably cost the 2021 1st as well.

I don't believe he'll fall, even with some teams flunking him. His potential is just too high, even with his shaky medicals
The Cowboys are gearing up to win big now, not in rebuild mode. They are doing what they think maximizes their chances.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It doesn’t matter how many possessions he had because of his defense. lol He didn’t have a typical Brady like season but it was more than respectable with the lack of weapons he had at the skill positions. The lack of weapons he had was likely a big factor as to why he moved on.
The amount of possessions definitely matters. How can you say it doesn’t

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ITs the same type of weapons he's always had though. Aside from the Moss years he's never had elite receivers.

The telling thing to me is its not just last year. The past two years he's been declining. And this is declining. Being 42 or 43 are we to expect him to get better? IF so, I'd like to see proof of someone who actually got better into their 40's. I just can't think of anyone. I hate to keep bringing up Father Time but he is undefeated. All it take is one offseason. Learning a new offense, new system....Father Time......good luck to him.

He had Wes Welker and Gronk for years. If you think he’s completely washed up that’s your opinion but I disagree. Not going to discuss it any further.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nothing wrong with Dak.. Just his contract demands and what he is as a player is what I have problems with.

He’s solid..

I just don’t see us winning a title when he and all of these others who got paid have to carry the team when we couldn’t even find playoff success on their rookie deals.

I totally put that on coaching. I’ve been posting on this site for years. And everybody says salary cap salary cap and it’s never ever been an issue

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He had Wes Welker and Gronk for years. If you think he’s completely washed up that’s your opinion but I disagree. Not going to discuss it any further.
I gave you good reasons why he’s done. But it’s just an opinion. Only the playoffs will tell us. Like Mahomes stunk it up so bad last season and the playoffs.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He’s solid..

I just don’t agree. I think he is a winner and has all the tools it takes. Go Cowboys

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Completely washed up? No. Done? Yes. We don't have to argue further. There's nothing out there that points to him being finished or not. We are arguing opinions. My opinion is formed from NFL history. I've never see anyone at his age play at a elite level. Never seen a team get older at quarterback and tight end and got better.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I totally put that on coaching. I’ve been posting on this site for years. And everybody says salary cap salary cap and it’s never ever been an issue

It hasn’t been an issue because our star players have been on rookie deals we skip free agency..

Our salary cap when we paid Romo was a big issue and we never had complete teams even in our best years outside of 07 and 14 although 14 had a crap defense because we had to let guys like Ware go because of that contract.

There is a reason these highest paid QBs that take up big Cap %s don’t win Superbowls.

When he gets his we are all but done.

Dak’s salary was our biggest strength.. Now it will be our biggest weakness.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The amount of possessions definitely matters. How can you say it doesn’t

The amount of possessions doesn’t matter it’s what you do with the possessions. He had nothing at the skill positions and still managed to have a solid season. If he was done the Pats wouldn’t have wanted him back and Tampa wouldn’t have made the move to sign him. Brady moved on from the Pats they didn’t move on from him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It hasn’t been an issue because our star players have been on rookie deals we skip free agency..

Our salary cap when we paid Romo was a big issue and we never had complete teams even in our best years outside of 07 and 14 although 14 had a crap defense because we had to let guys like Ware go because of that contract.

There is a reason these highest paid QBs that take up big Cap %s don’t win Superbowls.

When he gets his we are all but done.

Dak’s salary was our biggest strength.. Now it will be our biggest weakness.

The issue wasn't giving Romo his deal. It was the piss poor contracts they handed out to players who didn't warrant the contract. Now you can sit here and say Dak doesn't deserve what he got or Zeke or Lawrence don't. I'm not going to argue that at this time. But those guys have put up some good years for some time now. Zeke and Dak have done it since 2016. Lawrence has done yet for awhile. The offensive line has done it for awhile.

They paid Roy Williams when he hadn't done anything for the Cowboys.
Paid Dez elite money after basically 1 or 2 years of elite play.
Paid Miles Austin after one year of elite play.
Paid Barber.

They really misused the cap. The salary cap now is a also a lot larger than it was then too. And while the contracts of quarterbacks has gotten extremely higher a lot of other positions haven't seen that same drastic change.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I gave you good reasons why he’s done. But it’s just an opinion. Only the playoffs will tell us. Like Mahomes stunk it up so bad last season and the playoffs.

I gave you reasons why he’s not done. The numbers don’t lie. Provide a link with experts saying he’s done. :thumbup: