Tank and Cowboys far apart. Rejects new offer

starfan1

Reaction score
He just isn’t that good huh lol?
Nope he isn’t 20 mil a year is enough for him especially since he probably ain’t available to begin season

That said this should have been handled long ago

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am getting to the point, and may already be there. As to not caring about it anymore. I have other things to do than read about all these contracts and over paid athletes.
If I click on a contract thread, I just skim through it anymore, and if I comment don't keep it too long.
This will be my longest comment most likely. LOL.

conner01

Reaction score
Some people are just never going to understand what fair market value is and that rarely do players accept less than that, especially when they’re negotiating their first big contract.
I think 20 is fair market value based on other guys
That’s 3.5 less than Mack and Mack is arguably the best edge guy right now

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I'm so over this. Take care of business one way or the other so this can be old news.

I have a bad feeling that fruitless negotiating is going to continue until it's too late for everyone involved to come out ahead. DLaw wont have his contract, Dallas wont be able to get a 2019 pick out of him, DLaw's delayed shoulder surgery will drop his 2020 pick trade value, etc.

Just get ready, this whole thing is going to end in an anticlimactic disaster that no one is happy with. Just a gut feeling, could be wrong.

One multiyear long wet fart of a nonstarter story, that's what this will be.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Does anyone else have way less respect for DLaw after how he's handled this whole surgery thing?

I sure do. I can't come up with a stronger way of saying "money over personal/team success on the field". I want to move on for this alone but itll be tough to because his trade value is dropping every day as his recovery pushes closer to season start.

I hate that he's trying so hard to put Dallas in a no win scenario where the only moderately positive outcome is paying DLaw whatever he's asking. Screw that, trade him on the principal of the matter alone. Can't let those under you hold you hostage. He's walking all over us right now.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Too much money. As others have said, he’s a very good player but he isn’t a once in a generation player. And frankly this gamesmanship of not getting his injury taken care off is below the belt.

If they can get a top 15 pick for him, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Had it not taken him 3 years to develop the team wouldn't have held off on re-signing him last year. I am sure that hurt his feelings and that is why nothing less than the highest salary for a DE in NFL history will do.

This story is getting stale and they better start working on trading him.

RamziD

Reaction score
I think 20 is fair market value based on other guys
That’s 3.5 less than Mack and Mack is arguably the best edge guy right now

I think there’s a range it’s going to end up at. My main point was that you have prioritize that position and sign him to a deal. The whole thing about trading him is a real bad idea, IMO.

ESisback

Reaction score
At some point with these contracts you stop caring what they do

Line up Cardi B at RDE and Clint Eastwood at LDE and call it a day

Everything cowboys gets exhausted too the max

I’m there, Jay! We gotta relax and have a cold one, Bruv!

Sydla

Reaction score
Some people are just never going to understand what fair market value is and that rarely do players accept less than that, especially when they’re negotiating their first big contract.

What's Lawrence's view of fair market?

It's interesting that people just assume the team that has the perverse view of fair market. If Lawrence thinks his fair market is Khalil Mack, then can you blame the Cowboys for not running to sign him?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
wow the pats number on pass rusher move on in free agency the pats made a trade for a bridge player to replace him until they can draft someone the cowboys should trade for quinn and try to sign anzah and then trade up in draft to get help then let him move on