Tank and Dez contract situation similar

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
IDK V, Tank's not only moded himself into an elite player, but he's shown certain leadership qualities we never saw in Dez. Look no further than being voted captain by his teammates. Something that never happened with Dez.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I am seeing the same dynamic occur with Tanks contract that we saw with Dez. People kept arguing Dez was top 5, that we needed to "pay the man" and what would we do without him etc.

Tank isn't top 5 either and I see the same old tired excuses for letting Tank hold the team hostage. Tank is probably more mentally stable than Dez but otherwise it's eerily similar to Dez situation.

The team should not let the contract price get so high that there is no way that the player can justify the contract. The team can't be emotional about this. Set his true worth to our team and decide what the ceiling is and stick to it, or trade him.

How much better would this team be if we had opted to trade Dez for a first than paying him to sulk for 3 years?
Comparing apples to oranges. Dez always had to be handled with kid gloves, similar to the Antonio Brown situation with Pittsburgh. Where as DLAW comes across to me, as one of the team leaders, a professional, who will do what's asked of him by the coaches, etc...

jjktkk

Reaction score
You couldn't even last 24 hours before starting not one, but two, different Lawrence threads where you criticize him.

LOL.
"
I assume @Verdict fancies himself the "Skip Bayless" of Cowboyszone. Seemingly very agenda driven.

Verdict

Reaction score
Comparing apples to oranges. Dez always had to be handled with kid gloves, similar to the Antonio Brown situation with Pittsburgh. Where as DLAW comes across to me, as one of the team leaders, a professional, who will do what's asked of him by the coaches, etc...

Mentally they are different, but neither are top 5 players at their position and both seem to want top 3 money. Don't give Tank top 3 money.

Verdict

Reaction score
IDK V, Tank's not only moded himself into an elite player, but he's shown certain leadership qualities we never saw in Dez. Look no further than being voted captain by his teammates. Something that never happened with Dez.

By getting suspended for PEDs? By failing to get his surgery until after he signs an extension? Sounds like a me first non leader to me.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Please, someone, tell me 5 4-3 DEs who are better than Demarcus Lawrence.

You could have that discussion about Dez, you can't have it about Lawrence.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am seeing the same dynamic occur with Tanks contract that we saw with Dez. People kept arguing Dez was top 5, that we needed to "pay the man" and what would we do without him etc.

Tank isn't top 5 either and I see the same old tired excuses for letting Tank hold the team hostage. Tank is probably more mentally stable than Dez but otherwise it's eerily similar to Dez situation.

The team should not let the contract price get so high that there is no way that the player can justify the contract. The team can't be emotional about this. Set his true worth to our team and decide what the ceiling is and stick to it, or trade him.

How much better would this team be if we had opted to trade Dez for a first than paying him to sulk for 3 years?

Probability of being worth the contract:

DLaw:
Worst Case 50%
General: 80%

Dez:
Worst Case Zero%
General: Zero%

No player in NFL history was a bigger guarantee to screw up after getting a big contract than Dez.

Verdict

Reaction score
Please, someone, tell me 5 4-3 DEs who are better than Demarcus Lawrence.

You could have that discussion about Dez, you can't have it about Lawrence.
Sacks say differently.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Sacks say differently.
A) Using sacks as the only metric is beyond lazy
B) You didn't even name one. You didn't, because you know that Danielle Hunter, JPP and Frank Clark aren't actually better players than Demarcus Lawrence.

Go on, if he's not Top 5, take a stand and say who you think the Top 5 4-3 DEs in the league are.

Verdict

Reaction score
A) Using sacks as the only metric is beyond lazy
B) You didn't even name one. You didn't, because you know that Danielle Hunter, JPP and Frank Clark aren't actually better players than Demarcus Lawrence.

Go on, if he's not Top 5, take a stand and say who you think the Top 5 4-3 DEs in the league are.

You want to ignore sacks because it fits your agenda. Sacks are generally what get you paid as a player.

His sack production says he is not top 5. Stats do lie (both ways for that matter). But his sacks came against bad teams for the most part. He disappeared when it was money time in the playoffs.

I like the player and he's a very important part of this defense. But he's no where near top 5 among DEs.

Verdict

Reaction score
If you have to count on a DE to get a sack at the end of the game to get the other team out of field goal range to preserve a 2 point lead are you going to tell me, with a straight face, that you are choosing Tank to get you that sack? I don't think so.

Verdict

Reaction score
But him playing with a torn up shoulder during the seasons sounds like????

It sounds like par for the course with him actually. And he still hasn't fixed it by the way. Sounds a little bit like Dez and his failure to show up for treatment to me.

jjktkk

Reaction score
It sounds like par for the course with him actually. And he still hasn't fixed it by the way. Sounds a little bit like Dez and his failure to show up for treatment to me.
I hope you don't tear one of your labrums by moving the goalposts in your agenda here.

Verdict

Reaction score
I hope you don't tear one of your labrums by moving the goalposts in your agenda here.

I'm not sure where you are going with that. I guess you must be in the sign him regardless of cap hit crowd. Then you will be crying about having to let someone go and saying why did we waste all that money on Tank!!!!

Plumfool

Reaction score

Wrong. He’s played with it torn for two years. He’s made sacrifices for the team. Like a leader.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You want to ignore sacks because it fits your agenda. Sacks are generally what get you paid as a player.

His sack production says he is not top 5. Stats do lie (both ways for that matter). But his sacks came against bad teams for the most part. He disappeared when it was money time in the playoffs.

I like the player and he's a very important part of this defense. But he's no where near top 5 among DEs.
He's nowhere near it but you can't name 5 better. Lol