Tank and Dez contract situation similar

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I am seeing the same dynamic occur with Tanks contract that we saw with Dez. People kept arguing Dez was top 5, that we needed to "pay the man" and what would we do without him etc.

Tank isn't top 5 either and I see the same old tired excuses for letting Tank hold the team hostage. Tank is probably more mentally stable than Dez but otherwise it's eerily similar to Dez situation.

The team should not let the contract price get so high that there is no way that the player can justify the contract. The team can't be emotional about this. Set his true worth to our team and decide what the ceiling is and stick to it, or trade him.

How much better would this team be if we had opted to trade Dez for a first than paying him to sulk for 3 years?

Tanks is not remotely the headcase Dez was/is. You cannot ignore that as it is the 800 lbs gorilla.

tm1119

Reaction score
I am seeing the same dynamic occur with Tanks contract that we saw with Dez. People kept arguing Dez was top 5, that we needed to "pay the man" and what would we do without him etc.

Tank isn't top 5 either and I see the same old tired excuses for letting Tank hold the team hostage. Tank is probably more mentally stable than Dez but otherwise it's eerily similar to Dez situation.

The team should not let the contract price get so high that there is no way that the player can justify the contract. The team can't be emotional about this. Set his true worth to our team and decide what the ceiling is and stick to it, or trade him.

How much better would this team be if we had opted to trade Dez for a first than paying him to sulk for 3 years?

This is seriously getting unhealthy. Your obsession with these 2 men you don’t even know is outright weird and getting annoying. If you must continue with this unhealthy, creepy obsession at least keep it to your self and not make 7 posts a day about it. Can’t imagine being so consumed with something so trivial that you have to keep telling a bunch of strangers about it....even when most clearly don’t take your opinion seriously.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Demarcus might have a bit more bargaining clout than Dez did prior to his exit.

Whether he's awarded all that he seems to be demanding or not, we shall see.

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
This is seriously getting unhealthy. Your obsession with these 2 men you don’t even know is outright weird and getting annoying. If you must continue with this unhealthy, creepy obsession at least keep it to your self and not make 7 posts a day about it. Can’t imagine being so consumed with something so trivial that you have to keep telling a bunch of strangers about it....even when most clearly don’t take your opinion seriously.

#youwerewrongaboutdez

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm not playing this game with you.
It's not a game. You said he's not a top 5 DE, it shouldn't be hard to name 5 better, especially if he's "nowhere near."

If you're going to have a dumb opinion about a player, might as well at least try to back it up.

Johnny23

Reaction score
And here you come again. Thanks for showing up and bringing literally nothing of substance.
No here you go again. Sack numbers were down but he created action for others and was dominant against the run. He legitimately is the best player on our defense. We need to get better at stopping the run against elite teams up the gut. It probably would up his sack totals.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are going with that. I guess you must be in the sign him regardless of cap hit crowd. Then you will be crying about having to let someone go and saying why did we waste all that money on Tank!!!!
Not even close. You assume too much. There is always going to be a risk giving big money to these players. Its the cost of doing business in the NFL. I assumed you would know this, but maybe you spend too much time overanalyzing stats and making lame threads, or pretending to be GM on Madden, who knows.

cern

Reaction score
Whether Tank will get his money somewhere else or not, is not really relevant to this discussion. He probably would if he hits the open market but that has zero to do with what the Cowboys should do.

Hitchens got his money when he hit the open market, but should we have paid what it took to keep him? No. No. And a thousand times no.
it's totally relevant. the more bids at an auction, the higher the price. so do we overpay him for fear someone else will? that's just one of the risks you take when trying to resign a very good player. as for hitchens, lve has far eclipsed anything hitch could do. we hit a home run on that one.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
lest we forget, it was tank who coined the term hot boyz. he can never be forgiven for that.
I seem to recall it was actually Taco who did it and Tank ran with it.
I could definitely be wrong though...