News: Tank asked for 20 million, Cowboys matched that now Tank asking for 22.5M

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Like every great player he has intentions to sign for max dollars. I don't see that as being dishonest. Greedy maybe but football and sports in general are very short careers. Get what you can while you can. 20% of all NFL players are bankrupt within 5 years. Poor money management sure, wasteful spending without a doubt. Hey, it's an instant gratification society
Except he isn't great

He was 18th in sacks last year..... the 18th highest paid Edge Rusher is Robert Quinn at 14m APY

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Except he isn't great

He was 18th in sacks last year..... the 18th highest paid Edge Rusher is Robert Quinn at 14m APY
As a LDE sacks are only half of what he is asked to do. He affects the run as much as he does the QB. He is what the market, and the Cowboys are willing to pay. Because they did not want to sign him to a long term deal last year i.e. a "Prove it" year. They in essence drove his price up.
Now, if this lingers right up to the Franchise deadline of July 15th (I think ?) with no surgery - Then I will hold him partly to blame. Right now I'm squarely in his corner on this deal. No sympathy for the billionaires club at all.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
As a LDE sacks are only half of what he is asked to do. He affects the run as much as he does the QB. He is what the market, and the Cowboys are willing to pay. Because they did not want to sign him to a long term deal last year i.e. a "Prove it" year. They in essence drove his price up.
Now, if this lingers right up to the Franchise deadline of July 15th (I think ?) with no surgery - Then I will hold him partly to blame. Right now I'm squarely in his corner on this deal. No sympathy for the billionaires club at all.
His prove it year was a 30% reduction from his contract year

What will his "I got paid" year be like ...... a 50% reduction?

DLaw 18th in sacks
DLaw 11th in TFLs
DLaw 13th in QB hits
DLaw 48th in FF

But he is great against the run and that showed against IND and LAR....... lol

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
His prove it year was a 30% reduction from his contract year

What will his "I got paid" year be like ...... a 50% reduction?

DLaw 18th in sacks
DLaw 11th in TFLs
DLaw 13th in QB hits
DLaw 48th in FF

But he is great against the run and that showed against IND and LAR....... lol
1st equal in tackles behind line of scrimmage with JJ Watt. And not if he gets that shoulder fixed.