Image: Tank got an expensive toy

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I think all incoming NFL rookies are required to sit through some kind of seminar about responsible money management.

Absolutely. But which would hit home more?

A boring accountant telling you about investing wisely?

Or a form,er player now working at Costco?

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score

Living up to what Bennett's rant was about - players being all about money and contracts, and not about winning/legacy.

I get it, football is just a job to most players; but it's sad to me that fans now care about team success more than actual members of that team.

It's good Lawrence got paid. He has more money than I'll make in my lifetime.

Some will disagree with me (the usual suspects who I should block just to avoid their annoyances), I expect it. That's cool. But I miss the players like Aikman, Irvin, Romo, etc who would sacrifice anything for the joy and glory of winning a Super Bowl.

Sometimes I wish I could stop caring about the Dallas Cowboys!

I agree with everything you said. They are entitled to buy whatever they want. But I miss the same players you listed for the same reason.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So buying a vehicle during the season means you know that DLaw or other players don't care about winning? You can see inside their heads and hearts to know this?

The other funny thing is you are a millennial trying to call someone else "me-first." Lol.

For the second time, why are you discussing Aikman and Irvin when you were 3 years old the last time they won a Super Bowl? You can look back at your Sports Almanac to see they won a Super Bowl, but how do you know they didn't get full of themselves and lost heart to win more after that since you can see inside others' heads? I mean, didn't you have this talent from a young age?

Ehf is wrong with you, son?
You're a presumptuous know-it-all, so why would I even entertain you questions? It's not going to change your view of me

Assume all you want about, and enjoy being on my ignore list

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely. But which would hit home more?

A boring accountant telling you about investing wisely?

Or a form,er player now working at Costco?
I don't know, but my guess is they relay some of the horror stories in the seminar. But, this might be a good thing to include

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Honestly, the original picture is irrelevant to my "pettiness" and "reason to complain."

I should have probably just started a topic titled "I wish players cared as much as fans" and left it at that.

The focus of my complaint got off-track because of the picture and people thought I was criticizing how he spent his money

I get what you're saying and see how the topic spun out. I can also agree to disagree based upon this. I just don't think players are that much different now. The difference is our access to their lives has never been greater. Some choose to play it close to the best, while other choose to show off a little. I don't think it's right to based an argument on someone's love for the game based on their social media posts. These guys are literally sacrificing their bodies and future well being out there so we as fans have something to root for or watch. Maybe they're doing it for the money, but they're still the ones making that sacrifice.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Living up to what Bennett's rant was about - players being all about money and contracts, and not about winning/legacy.

I get it, football is just a job to most players; but it's sad to me that fans now care about team success more than actual members of that team.

Some will disagree with me (the usual suspects who I should block just to avoid their annoyances), I expect it. That's cool. But I miss the players like Aikman, Irvin, Romo, etc who would sacrifice anything for the joy and glory of winning a Super Bowl.

BFD!!!! move on nothing to see here.. dude bought a car..jeez

texbumthelife

Reaction score
It's petty to care about the Cowboys winning? We're on a Dallas Cowboys forum, what do you expect?

It's petty to post something from a player private life and use it to question that players heart or desire to win. What he does off the field with his money has absolutely nothing to do with his play on the field.

I think you're frustrated, like almost all of us, and I get that. I just think this sort of post is misguided. Tank chose to give people an intimate look into his private life, knowing MILLIONS of people will see and critique it. It's low hanging fruit for an angry fan. If the Cowboys were winning no one would care. This is just more fodder for an angry fan base.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I keep thinking about Jimmy Conway getting angry at everybody buying expensive items after the Lufthansa heist. I wish I could post gifs.

cern

Reaction score
I bought two hewescraft Alaskan 270's and a dehavilland otter last year. Just to enhance my love of fly fishing. The difference in men and boys is the cost of their toys.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Then just stop caring.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He's rich. Good for him. I'd buy some stupid crap with that kind of money too. .

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You gotta understand, folks are angry. These guys could be on a family outing and somebody would post here they're out celebrating, when it's really just dinner.
People have been especially butt hurt about Lawrence. I don't see why, he has been playing his butt off this year.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You're a presumptuous know-it-all, so why would I even entertain you questions? It's not going to change your view of me

Assume all you want about, and enjoy being on my ignore list

There's nothing to assume. You're here trying to pretend you're all grown knowing the hearts of the champion Cowboys teams when you were 3 the last time they won it all and months old the first time they won it, lol. But I'm the presumptuous know-it-all. Your projection is showing. I'd avoid my questions and put me on ignore too if I got EXPOSED!!! like that.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Jealousy framed as concern about winning eh? Shame shame shame.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Lawrence plays his butt off every game. Gives all he has.

Players should buy themselves a thing or two like this. It's fine. I've done it, and it's just a fun, cool thing to do. Reward yourself a bit. It reinforces the journey and keeps you motivated.

It's the guys that just go crazy with tons of jewelry, eight cars, and a house way beyond their needs or salary. Or, a bunch of houses for the whole family. Houses have a lot of additional expenses, and depreciating assets end up squandering riches away in the end. Dangerous habits.

A reasonable amount of excess is fine, as long as you've got your finances in order with a plan.
I agree but who cares because if they go broke not like you and I are going to help them. That's why I don't really care much how people spend their money and feel most fake concern just to talk trash.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Buying the car isn't a big deal. What's financially irresponsible is that he spent all is Hot Boyz merchandise revenue to get the all weather floor mats.

fansince68

Reaction score

What is that? IROC Z28????