Image: Tank got an expensive toy

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Living up to what Bennett's rant was about - players being all about money and contracts, and not about winning/legacy.

I get it, football is just a job to most players; but it's sad to me that fans now care about team success more than actual members of that team.

It's good Lawrence got paid. He has more money than I'll make in my lifetime.

Some will disagree with me (the usual suspects who I should block just to avoid their annoyances), I expect it. That's cool. But I miss the players like Aikman, Irvin, Romo, etc who would sacrifice anything for the joy and glory of winning a Super Bowl.

Sometimes I wish I could stop caring about the Dallas Cowboys!

By 40 in all likelihood, he will be broke and facing CTE issues.
No matter how much money these players make it's not enough as this isn't baseball!

pupulehaole

Reaction score
Imagine caring what a man spends his hard earned money on. Couldn't be me.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Living up to what Bennett's rant was about - players being all about money and contracts, and not about winning/legacy.

I get it, football is just a job to most players; but it's sad to me that fans now care about team success more than actual members of that team.

It's good Lawrence got paid. He has more money than I'll make in my lifetime.

Some will disagree with me (the usual suspects who I should block just to avoid their annoyances), I expect it. That's cool. But I miss the players like Aikman, Irvin, Romo, etc who would sacrifice anything for the joy and glory of winning a Super Bowl.

Sometimes I wish I could stop caring about the Dallas Cowboys!

51st in sacks, not that it matters I guess.:facepalm:

glimmerman

Reaction score
I could but 3 really nice cars for the price of that one car. You probly feel every bump in the road.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I begrudge nobody of that.
I just have no interest in toys.

But if you indeed get one, I'll gladly take a ride with you.
Do you have money for said toys? If you don't can't really take your opinion seriously. Its always easier to say what you want do on some,thing like this when you don't have the means to do it.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
You are making the common mistake of equating Entertainers to regular 9-5ers. Does it upset you that Tom Hanks makes $20m to pretend he is someone else for an hour and a half movie? He isnt even risking CTE, broken bones, multiple back surgeries ect.

Pro sports is just entertainment. Its not that serious. They are entertaining us and getting paid what people get paid who entertain large amounts of people.
I made no mistake, I simply posted my opinion on it. Funny, people the likes of you don't see the total *** backwards and insane acceptance of "entertainers" being paid like kings for what exactly? If you had actually read my post, you would have seen how I view these so called entertainers. They contribute ZERO to elevating the economy in such they do not produce a damn thing that makes our country stronger, stable or house people, make it so you can gas up your trucks, cars, light your home, build roads to drive said vehicles on, clothing, food ETC... you get the picture. And again, if you had actually read my post, you would have read this line "But hey, he got his payday, do with it as he will, no sweat off my brow...wth does that have to do with Tom hanks or anyone for that matter? As for their bo bo's they collect as they "play" a game to entertain us, they should spend 30 years in the oil fields, or hanging iron for buildings, maybe a doctor or nurse working with high risk people, IE ebola, Aids, et al these people risk nothing, and add nothing to the overall economy. You have you view of how grand they all are, and I have mine...lets leave it right there.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Money was a supplement to their desire to win. These days, money is their main concern

That was obvious to me when Irvin was going to court over cocaine possession and prostitution charges in about $250k of fur coat and bling.

Your take about Tank in particular is ignorant. If he was all about money then he would have not gone to practice, held out, and all other sort of malfeasance instead of signing the tender and not missing a beat going to work with his teammates.

The only difference between now and yesteryear is the proliferation of cameras and social media making the players lives easily accessible. You really do not know what Emmitt and Aikman bought or didn't buy but we do know they were living in multi million dollar homes.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but the reality is that most wealthy men (in any profession) buy nice cars.

No sense in getting bent out of shape about it.

but but but i'm an old fart and need something to be upset about? damn kids buying stuff i never could! the nerve.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Do you have money for said toys? If you don't can't really take your opinion seriously. Its always easier to say what you want do on some,thing like this when you don't have the means to do it.
Lol... thank you for your qualifier.
If I desired a car like that, I would have one.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I might even use the word "only."

They care about winning during and shortly after the game. The other six days, it's about money.

lmao. what a joke.
almost any NFL players busts his butt and works harder at their craft than you ever have at anything in your entire life. enjoying the fruits of their labor is hardly something to criticize. you think all your past favorite players didn't enjoy nice things?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
This entire thread is just one more example of why it is detrimental to pro athletes to have and use Twitter accounts.

i'll blame the blowhards whining about them instead of the person themselves. just me.

erod

Reaction score
lmao. what a joke.
almost any NFL players busts his butt and works harder at their craft than you ever have at anything in your entire life.
I've built multiple businesses. I assure you that's not true.