Tank Lawrence and the Cowboys were Cowards

conner01

Reaction score
The quote is a terrible quote and I made fun of him for it but you also need to realize he was purposefully trying to give a nothing answer that wouldn’t cause a controversy but actually did the exact opposite by giving such a terrible answer.
We watched what happened. We played zone all day when we rarely play zone. And they picked it apart. We got little pressure because we never adjusted

ICP

Reaction score
Did you guys hear Tank on ESPN say the reason Green bay beat us so bad is because they were tired..... :facepalm: We played Washington the last game of the year and most didn't even play the 4th quarter. Yet we tired... And did not Green bay play 17 games also. Jimmy Johnson had a great speech when he was a coach at Miami. He told his players when you get tired...you're a coward. Great speech....He told them that when you look across at the other team and they are bent over sucking for air. "they are cowards" and that's the time to put your shoe up their........Even if I were tired. I sure wouldn't come on national TV and say it as an excuse. That's why I hate guaranteed contracts. Once signed. What is the motivation to play great? Half of these guys come in using the NFL as hobbies or a jump off point to better things. I want to be a rapper comes to mind:facepalm: Woodson said most of the players don't even want to play football. Their minds are on off field stuff. Irvin said some are in it for the check alone. Don't worry about the loss. Just don't forget to pick up that check come Tuesday:facepalm: And I think Dallas have some players with this mentality. As Jimmy did back in the day. We need to root these guys out and firstly quit drafting them. I hear a guy saying he wants to be a rapper. I move on to the next guy on my board. Because he's going to care more about the studio than he does the football field. When I heard Tank say this it really pissed me off. I been watching the Dallas Cowboys for many decades. Yet never heard a player say "we lost because we were tired":facepalm: REALLY?????????? We were tired.....Nope! You were Cowards!!!!
Yup, there were 12 teams that played that weekend and 6 of them lost. You didn't hear any sorry 'We were tired' excuses from them. If that's the case then why not focus on your conditioning instead of partying and all the other distractions the Dallas players involve themselves with?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Zimmer will fix their ***** real quick. Now only if we could hire a real coach instead of this cup cake coach of ours the identity of this team will change real quick. This is all Jerry's fault for hiring puppet coaches. Quinn mailed it in as he was more preoccupied to get out of Dallas and land the Seattle job.

75boyz

Reaction score
Did you guys hear Tank on ESPN say the reason Green bay beat us so bad is because they were tired..... :facepalm: We played Washington the last game of the year and most didn't even play the 4th quarter. Yet we tired... And did not Green bay play 17 games also. Jimmy Johnson had a great speech when he was a coach at Miami. He told his players when you get tired...you're a coward. Great speech....He told them that when you look across at the other team and they are bent over sucking for air. "they are cowards" and that's the time to put your shoe up their........Even if I were tired. I sure wouldn't come on national TV and say it as an excuse. That's why I hate guaranteed contracts. Once signed. What is the motivation to play great? Half of these guys come in using the NFL as hobbies or a jump off point to better things. I want to be a rapper comes to mind:facepalm: Woodson said most of the players don't even want to play football. Their minds are on off field stuff. Irvin said some are in it for the check alone. Don't worry about the loss. Just don't forget to pick up that check come Tuesday:facepalm: And I think Dallas have some players with this mentality. As Jimmy did back in the day. We need to root these guys out and firstly quit drafting them. I hear a guy saying he wants to be a rapper. I move on to the next guy on my board. Because he's going to care more about the studio than he does the football field. When I heard Tank say this it really pissed me off. I been watching the Dallas Cowboys for many decades. Yet never heard a player say "we lost because we were tired":facepalm: REALLY?????????? We were tired.....Nope! You were Cowards!!!!
Great post.
He's been worth every penny of that 100 mil plus he's earned as a true run stopping War Daddy.
LOL

But he gives great pre- game team speeches!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Did Tank mean physically tired or mentally tired?

Either way it speaks of the mentality of this team. They are content to be just "good". They expected the Packers to lay down for them as the 7 seed and once they had a fight on their hands they were unable to respond.

Disgusting.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Zimmer will fix their ***** real quick. Now only if we could hire a real coach instead of this cup cake coach of ours the identity of this team will change real quick. This is all Jerry's fault for hiring puppet coaches. Quinn mailed it in as he was more preoccupied to get out of Dallas and land the Seattle job.
Why would Quinn sabotage himself and ruin his own resume by mailing it in? How could any team look at his defense in the playoffs and say "yes, that's our guy!"

The only reason he got the Commanders job was because their first few choices went off the market.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The Hot Boyz already sounded gay. Now I just picture him saying he was “tired” in that stereotypically trope way.

shabazz

Reaction score
The Hot Boyz already sounded gay. Now I just picture him saying he was “tired” in that stereotypically trope way.
Maybe they were tired from all the buttockery involved with being a Hot Bois?.....not that there's anything wrong with that, but perhaps best left for the off season.

Last edited:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Pansies…

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Why would Quinn sabotage himself and ruin his own resume by mailing it in? How could any team look at his defense in the playoffs and say "yes, that's our guy!"

The only reason he got the Commanders job was because their first few choices went off the market.
Why would the idiot Quinn not do anything to stop the bleeding in the game?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

Somebody please send this to Tank and the Dallas Cowboys....Can't wait for Green bay to come in here!!!! Can't wait for the 49ers to come in here...So we can kick their AZZZZZZZZZ....Not the mentality of this team....

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I wonder if the offense will be tired and the defense will be monsters next year?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I respect your opinion and I sure hope you are right. Unfortunately, I look at it right now as a man wanting a job and he isnt going to come in and bother jerry and his ways. Zimmer is another MM, thankful he has an NFL job. JMO.
Lol do you even know Zimmer’s personality?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
When we played SF this year, they truly dominated us in every aspect of the game throughout and never let up. This was a sign that we just don't (and have never) had a physical threat to beat the playoff caliber teams since the early 90's. Whether it's coaching or the players or the environment they play in, they WHOLE organization has to have a toughness and winning mentality and a belief or threat that they will be replaced if they fail to win at any point in time.