Twitter: Tank looking for that Money

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Eh... I get @Verdict - he isn't about letting Tank go, but he's super worried about his price.
We want playmakers on every level of the D, but playmakers cost money. It's a tough situation.

I get the peeps saying he wore down, but was that him, or his injury, or him carrying that damn line all season?

I think it was his shoulder. Looking at Lawrence's sacks, it seems he only gets them in bunches. But playing DE is about more than sacks and Tank is an excellent run defender as well.

Take him off this defense and there's major problems. Those people you're talking about have to understand there are two premium positions in football today- quarterbacks and edge rushers. Once you get them you don't let them go.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Leave the religious junk off the board

tenor.gif
:yourock::yourock:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Here's a question:

If Demarcus Ware was not on the team and replaced by a, or a few mid-tier guys...
Do any of you think that this team would have gotten as far as they did?
Would they make the playoffs?

This team needed the D more than ever this year. Consider that.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You can make an offer off of one game. I get it.
But is that really smart?

I recently re-watched the 1996 NFC Championship Game between the Cowboys and Packers. Reggie White didn't do a thing in that game. Why did Green Bay keep him around??;)

Corso

Reaction score
Okay.
One game makes a contract offer and Reggie White was neutralized in a playoff game so why was he even around?

I'm getting the pulse of what the forum is cooking.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
DLaw needs to stop..

He's gotta act classy with this whole thing, because even this BSU fan values what's best for the Star above all else...

I haven't even watched any of it; I just really think he needs to set a positive example of leadership.

The more Tom Brady (team discount) type mentalities we have on this roster the better...

I'd almost rather see him walk than to act like a d-bag regarding his precious money.. Greedy, me first players are a plague upon most every team sport...

Corso

Reaction score
I recently re-watched the 1996 NFC Championship Game between the Cowboys and Packers. Reggie White didn't do a thing in that game. Why did Green Bay keep him around??;)
I added my comment in my last post unfairly, since I know you were being sarcastic, but it made that post better!
Forgive me!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Okay.
One game makes a contract offer and Reggie White was neutralized in a playoff game so why was he even around?

I'm getting the pulse of what the forum is cooking.
You offer D-Law $15-$17/year. More than he deserves. If he refuses, let him walk. Can't afford to keep overpaying for guys who don't show up when it matters most.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I added my comment in my last post unfairly, since I know you were being sarcastic, but it made that post better!
Forgive me!

No problem, I know what you're trying to say. I just hope nobody reads my post and thinks I'm trying to put Lawrence on a HOF level with White- I was just trying to be snarky about the one game thing.

Corso

Reaction score
DLaw needs to stop..

He's gotta act classy with this whole thing, because even this BSU fan values what's best for the Star above all else...

I haven't even watched any of it; I just really think he needs to set a positive example of leadership.

The more Tom Brady (team discount) type mentalities we have on this roster the better...

I'd almost rather see him walk than to act like a d-bag regarding his precious money.. Greedy, me first players are a plague upon most every team sport...
Lawd... we should all be polite robots. Not humans with genetic and upbringing traits in a sport where most of these dudes get smashed into physical and mental oblivion.
Give me a break.

Corso

Reaction score
You offer D-Law $15-$17/year. More than he deserves. If he refuses, let him walk. Can't afford to keep overpaying for guys who don't show up when it matters most.
Then we get another Crawford in his place.
Yay.
Then you'll blame Garrett for the next 8-8 season.
Yay.
Then you'll scream over paying LVE when his contract comes up.
Yay.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this guy is going toget at least 22 million a year either here or somewhere else

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Eh... I get @Verdict - he isn't about letting Tank go, but he's super worried about his price.
We want playmakers on every level of the D, but playmakers cost money. It's a tough situation.

I get the peeps saying he wore down, but was that him, or his injury, or him carrying that damn line all season?
People be worried about cap space. It puts the pressure on Will McClay and Co. to do their jobs as well as they've been doing it. You can't have a team full of young players. You have to have veteran leadership. Lawerence's price is a lot more than his sack numbers. He has all the intangibles that you look for in great players.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Last thing i'll say in this thread, Tank was good enough to pay 19-20 million for one year but too expense to pay 20 or little bit more long term? Had no problem franchising him and paying that salary last year lol.

Corso

Reaction score
People be worried about cap space. It puts the pressure on Will McClay and Co. to do their jobs as well as they've been doing it. You can't have a team full of young players. You have to have veteran leadership. Lawerence's price is a lot more than his sack numbers. He has all the intangibles that you look for in great players.
Tank, you keep unless he's asking for a wrecking ball contract.