Twitter: Tank looking for that Money

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Tank, you keep unless he's asking for a wrecking ball contract.
O4dQ53e.gif

lostar2009

Reaction score
Maybe it was "Hot Boyz", maybe it was talking a bunch of nonsense about Goff then having no impact on the game, and maybe it's just an age/generational thing, but I'm gettin' kinda tired of Tank talking.

Maybe it's Cowboys zone, maybe it was the comment before you. But I'm getting tired of you commenting...o_O

Corso

Reaction score
Maybe it's Cowboys zone, maybe it was the comment before you. But I'm getting tired of you commenting...o_O
Dang... I hope I don't put you there.
I haven't had a declaration of something like this, in my direction, like that yet.

Although I can understand peeps not wanting to read me anymore.
I don't bring the football smarts. I bring something, but I'm no analyst, nor do I study All-22's.
I'm just here to trip the light fandango with my fellow friends.

And argue when I don't like how people bring their arguments.
It's never about the point, for me, but about how said individual gets to their point.

Right @Diehardblues ?

Beaker42

Reaction score
When Lawrence played on the tag, he was taking a huge risk. That money was not guaranteed against injury. Let's say he got hurt in week three and missed the rest of the year. That would have cost him around $14 million.

And on top of that he would have been entering this offseason as damaged goods and would not get the kind of money he would have otherwise. Lawrence played "good soldier" for the Cowboys and it worked out for him.

I agree with you that the money thing in sports is sad, but let's try to look at this from Lawrence's perspective. He does the same thing guys like Khalil Mack and Olivier Vernon do and should get paid as much as they do, too.
Wrong - a tagged player’s $$ is guaranteed.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Then we get another Crawford in his place.
Yay.
Then you'll blame Garrett for the next 8-8 season.
Yay.
Then you'll scream over paying LVE when his contract comes up.
Yay.
Nope. D-Law is not as good as D-Ware was. Talent-wise, D-Law is not as good as headcase David Irving.

But, yes, go ahead and overpay him just like during the Romo years. How did that turn out?

Corso

Reaction score
Nope. D-Law is not as good as D-Ware was. Talent-wise, D-Law is not as good as headcase David Irving.

But, yes, go ahead and overpay him just like during the Romo years. How did that turn out?
Uh...
Did you address my point at all?
He leaves, this D goes down the drain. The team then goes down the drain.
Yay for you and your point.
you win.

I hope it makes you feel just great about the whole thing.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Uh...
Did you address my point at all?
He leaves, this D goes down the drain. The team then goes down the drain.
Yay for you and your point.
you win.

I hope it makes you feel just great about the whole thing.
D-Law is going to demand a minimum of $20 mil/year.

Cowboys can bring in 2 good veteran free agents (a DE and a DT) for $18 million, plus use the remaining $2 mil on a special teams player. What would you take? 1 player for $20 mil, or 3 players for $20 mil?

Corso

Reaction score
D-Law is going to demand a minimum of $20 mil/year.

Cowboys can bring in 2 good veteran free agents (a DE and a DT) for $18 million, plus use the remaining $2 mil on a special teams player. What would you take? 1 player for $20 mil, or 3 players for $20 mil?
I'm honestly not sure.
I know one guy and what he brings while carrying an injury and an entire line.
Who also is considered a leader.

Or I can get guys in Door #2 who are goobs and nothing to this team, but can kind of play, but not draw double teams on a real basis, or cause DC's to gameplan for them.

Maybe you can sway me.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wish people would think about the consequences of flashing the devil horns... it's not some innocent thing... the man upstairs is watching everything you do...it was a big turn off this year seeing the whole defensive team doing that...
they don't realize it. I agree. Don't wanna get benched for explaining...but you and I get it.

Verdict

Reaction score
Eh... I get @Verdict - he isn't about letting Tank go, but he's super worried about his price.
We want playmakers on every level of the D, but playmakers cost money. It's a tough situation.

I get the peeps saying he wore down, but was that him, or his injury, or him carrying that damn line all season?

Correct. We are a better team with Tank on it from a purely football perspective. But if we gut the team to keep him, well, not so much.