Tank the season to go after Trevor Lawrence at QB? Thread **merged**

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Have u not seen our oline?

They dif need a swing OT, but barring the unforseen the o-line is ok just injured...actually think Biadass looks good just freshamn problems compounded by backups acroos the board.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence is a fake phony. You're putting the hope and dreams of YOUR Dallas Cowboys in this girl?

Just keep Dak....and draft a great defense. What the hell is wrong with you Jerry's? GAWD!

chagus

Reaction score
They dif need a swing OT, but barring the unforseen the o-line is ok just injured...actually think Biadass looks good just freshamn problems compounded by backups acroos the board.

They need to replace Smith. He's wore out. Maybe a guard in the 3rd rd. Dak will be back and this teams sudden drop to the worst team in history is a testament to how much of a leader Dak is. Another LB in the second or a safety.

And DEFINITELY a new def coordinator.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They need to replace Smith. He's wore out. Maybe a guard in the 3rd rd. Dak will be back and this teams sudden drop to the worst team in history is a testament to how much of a leader Dak is. Another LB in the second or a safety.
I can't help but think it's more than just "leader".

You are saying...not suggesting or implying...you are SAYING..... the team won't play for anyone else. And that is not MY team.

chagus

Reaction score
I can't help but think it's more than just "leader".

You are saying...not suggesting or implying...you are SAYING..... the team won't play for anyone else. And that is not MY team.

Isn't it painfully obvious?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn't it painfully obvious?

That doesn't mean Dak is a leader. It means the rest of the team are quitters. That's a big difference.

Honestly...I don't even know. This isn;t the Dallas Cowboys I have been following for 45 years. Even the Quincey carter days seems like we fought harder. I've never been so ambivalent and there;s been dark days.

basel90

Reaction score
They weren't losing with NO SHOT of being in the game..they were losing because our defense..now even if our defense was ok we would still be losing because our offense is the worst in the league, you better start drafting defense and do your job as a FO and keep your top 5 QB AND build a defense that can manage a game...this isn't "crazy" thinking, all the other teams are trying to do the same thing.....I'm betting Bill Bele "the greatest" is thinking about what the most imporatnt position on the field is right now...bet he isn't going to tell you" hey dont worry about your QB, just make sure he is cheap"
agree , but don't forget this team lost more key personell each game since, and the team is in a quitting mode , which is worsening every game . The slide started and is getting worse.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

And DEFINITELY a new def coordinator.

I think we can move Collins to LT find a mauler for RT adn the O-line would be ok, I agree on everything you said.....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
agree , but don't forget this team lost more key personell each game since, and the team is in a quitting mode , which is worsening every game . The slide started and is getting worse.

For sure, thats why they have to find a way to work the cap with Dak and draft positions that can help imeddiatly, starting with a DT....we can not be the worst run defense in the league every year and expect anything diferent.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I would like AmeriChill to point our the future victories of ATL and CIN.
Falcons remaining opponents:
Panthers, Saints 2x, Bucs 2x, the AFC West - Broncos, Chargers, Raiders , Chiefs.
Bengals remaining opponents:
Texans, Dolphins, Titans, Ravens, Steelers 2x, Giants, Football Team,
and....Cowboys.

Have you watched either Atlanta or Cincinnati?

Atlanta could easily pull out a win over the Broncos. I wouldn't bet against them to win the last one vs. the Panthers or even pull one out against the Saints. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Raiders either.

I could also see Cincinnati sweeping the remaining NFE East games on their schedule. Outside of the Ravens game, they've been playing surprisingly well. They should mop the floor with the Texans, amd the Dolphins game is a toss up.

Dallas could very well be picking 2nd or 3rd.

Brax

Reaction score

Yikes! Looks like a big gamble that could backfire and be super costly. Don't listen to the hype. Watch and study film.

If Dak is able to fully recover and settle for a $35 mil/season contract, I say sign Dak longterm and use that early 1st round pick to either address the Defense or Oline, ...or trade down for extra draft picks to better address the many holes on this team. Drafting a rookie QB with that costly early 1st round pick will do nothing to fix the many problems on this team, especially if Dak is able to heal and come back.

What say you?

:popcorn:

At 7-8 million a year for 4 years A team with the Cowboys needs would be crazy’s to pay Dak. 28 million can bring in Defensive talent. If it’s a SB roster Dak can fit the bill but that’s not the case.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Tank Lawrence should be our QB?

Good idea.

He'll finally get behind an o-line.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence is another Jake Locker.

Low IQ football fans and brain dead analysts hype up every tall slow big arm quarterback like Daniel Jones, Darnold, Goff, and Lawrence every year then a mobile athletic quarterback like Russel Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Dak Prescott, and Watson end up being head and shoulders better.:facepalm:

Fields will be a much better quarterback than Lawrence
Lawrence is much more mobile than Dak ever was

Tussinman

Reaction score
ummmm..

No.

Roethlisberger is signed to a two year deal. Any signing bonus will be amortized against the cap over the life of the contract, in this case two years. Roethlisberger is indeed a very highly paid, cap heavy QB on a 6-0 SB contending team.
Pittsburgh: "The deal is a two-year extension to go with the one year he had left on his contract"

Thats LITERALLY what I wrote, the extension was added to an existing contract that was paying him below market value. Thats NOT what the cowboys did which is why it's going to cause issues. The smart franchises either make a push on the rookie deal or extend early and spread the cap hit on the cheap years 3 through 5.

You where talking about how Ben was getting 45 million and I was pointing out thats misleading. 40% of that was a signing bonus on his cheap 2019 year

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Pittsburgh: "The deal is a two-year extension to go with the one year he had left on his contract"

Thats LITERALLY what I wrote, the extension was added to an existing contract that was paying him below market value. Thats NOT what the cowboys did which is why it's going to cause issues. The smart franchises either make a push on the rookie deal or extend early and spread the cap hit on the cheap years 3 through 5.
If your point is that you can’t have a highly paid, cap heavy QB and still have a loaded SB contending roster, then you’re demonstrably wrong. 2020 Pittsburgh is evidence of this.

If you’re point is something else, then we are talking about two different things because what I’m talking about and disputing is people saying you can’t pay Dak market value and still put a talented roster together.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
At 7-8 million a year for 4 years A team with the Cowboys needs would be crazy’s to pay Dak. 28 million can bring in Defensive talent. If it’s a SB roster Dak can fit the bill but that’s not the case.
Still spewing more nonsense? Don't you get tired of sounding ridiculous?

Tussinman

Reaction score
If your point is that you can’t have a highly paid, cap heavy QB and still have a loaded SB contending roster, then you’re demonstrably wrong. 2020 Pittsburgh is evidence of this.
No my point was 95% of these teams get away with it via signing the extensions early or signing the extensions while the QB is playing under market value. That was the case with Ben (they offloaded almost half of the 2020-2021 bonus on his cheap 2019 salary)

It's not so much the yearly amount as is the structure and timing. Dak with no cheap years, the cap going down, and him wanting it to be as short of length as possible (due to the TV deal increase of 2023) is quite the problem.........