Tannenbaum: Dak's market has taken off like a rocket, he'll be highest-paid QB!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Dak would have to be an absolute moron to hold the team hostage for his next contract. He will have collected over $175 million for his career and another $25-30 million in endorsements. He could play the rest of his career for free and be just fine. What he needs is a ring and the only way he gets it is that he makes concessions with his contract to enable the team to keep Lamb, Parsons, and the other great players around him. If he fails to do that and demands to be the highest paid QB for 5 minutes then I will stop rooting for him because it will mean he is not who I thought he was. I know he has an agent who will be pounding on him to hold the team up as will the NFLPA, but he needs to go full Tom Brady and tell both to kiss his bootay and sign a team friendly deal so he can go get some championships.
You aren’t serious are you? He’d be moron asking for less (even though I wish he would for the sake of the team) and if he wins mvp should absolutely ask for a record setting contract. These players have short careers and should maximize their earning every chance they can. I’d not fault him at all asking for as much as he can get.

Now is that best for the team? Or what I want? No, would be great if he takes a discount but he would absolutely not be being a morn in anyway shape or form and for you to stay you’d stop “rooting” for him is laughable when you, me and others would absolutely try to get top dollar in their profession, like we all do in our personal lives currently.

Motorola

Reaction score
Oh boy. From your lips to their ears. We still have to educate why Trey Lance can't get mop duty nearly every game.
The down-to-wire win last night temporarily put a stop to pleas...
but have the Cowboys put a game away early with any of their remaining five opponents...the "Play Trey" carols will start up again.
Or if the NFC playoff spots are set with a game or two to go.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You aren’t serious are you? He’d be moron asking for less (even though I wish he would for the sake of the team) and if he wins mvp should absolutely ask for a record setting contract. These players have short careers and should maximize their earning every chance they can. I’d not fault him at all asking for as much as he can get.

Now is that best for the team? Or what I want? No, would be great if he takes a discount but he would absolutely not be being a morn in anyway shape or form and for you to stay you’d stop “rooting” for him is laughable when you, me and others would absolutely try to get top dollar in their profession, like we all do in our personal lives currently.
You can leave me off this list. I would never ask for so much money that it caused my employer to be unable to be competitive. I know I'm not wired like most people in this regard but I am old enough to remember when being about the team more than oneself was a thing. And if my employer had already paid me over 150 million dollars my ego is secure enough that I would go ahead and cut him some slack to try and stay competitive in the family business. But again.. that's how I'm wired.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Dak would have to be an absolute moron to hold the team hostage for his next contract. He will have collected over $175 million for his career and another $25-30 million in endorsements. He could play the rest of his career for free and be just fine. What he needs is a ring and the only way he gets it is that he makes concessions with his contract to enable the team to keep Lamb, Parsons, and the other great players around him. If he fails to do that and demands to be the highest paid QB for 5 minutes then I will stop rooting for him because it will mean he is not who I thought he was. I know he has an agent who will be pounding on him to hold the team up as will the NFLPA, but he needs to go full Tom Brady and tell both to kiss his bootay and sign a team friendly deal so he can go get some championships.
:hammer:

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, good luck if Dak can get as much money from the salary cap as he can, to hell with Parsons, CD and other players that the would need to keep when free agency hits the next. Sorry, Parsons, CD, etc, we can't pay you to keep you, we are paying Dak instead. Dak needs to help this team, the team is helping him out big time.
The cap is about to explode here in the next season or two. It is projected to be $256 million in 2024 and $282 million in 2025. Dallas should have no problem paying everyone even if Dak signs for $50 million/year +.

817Gill

Reaction score
We didn’t have trouble building a team last time he signed a record breaking contract, why would we now?

I think we are the only fanbase that expects our franchise QB to take a pay cut while our FO has no responsibility lol. The job is hard but it’s the job. Plenty of other teams can maneuver the cap to pay their QB and sign ppl, ala Philly.

He’s going to sign a top 3 deal and it’s the FO’s job to continue drafting well and being savvy in FA and trade market (Gilmore/Cooks/Hankins).

It is infinitely more difficult to find a franchise QB than it is to pay one and build a good team.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
That's a really good way to absolutely cripple the franchise. Sick strategy.
It was more just a ideology. Yes I know....even after he has his best season ever.. .the best he's capable of...and if he flounders in the playoffs again, thus proving even at his tippy top self he'll never get us ANYWHERE in the postseason....Jerruh knows that regular season hype is all that's needed to keep the DALLAS fanbase comin' back for more and shelling out the money.

He has all he needs right now....so I know even if the worst happens they'll just run it back again....but it was more of a "we SHOULD do this" (for people that actually want more than reg seasons wins) versus we WILL do this.

But hey...maybe this is the year.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You can leave me off this list. I would never ask for so much money that it caused my employer to be unable to be competitive. I know I'm not wired like most people in this regard but I am old enough to remember when being about the team more than oneself was a thing. And if my employer had already paid me over 150 million dollars my ego is secure enough that I would go ahead and cut him some slack to try and stay competitive in the family business. But again.. that's how I'm wired.
That’s how you think you’re wired with all due respect…when there’s real money and real negotiations involved it likely would be different. Easy to say this when we aren’t involved

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He's earned this big pay day solely because he has been beating up on crap teams for the past month? Geezuz.

This is all well and good for Dak, but what if he fails again in the playoffs? Jerry will yet again only be paying him for regular season stats and nothing more. That would end up being a huge waste of money. Not that Jerry doesn't have a track record for doing that exact thing over and over.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
bill_the_cat_by_combatcrayola97_d3j3fc0-fullview.jpg

sacase

Reaction score
As a Dak hater, you don't have.much choice but to sign him. He's playing too good right now.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
As a Dak hater, you don't have.much choice but to sign him. He's playing too good right now.
Key words - he's playing good RIGHT NOW. So just pay him, without paying any attention whatsoever to the level of competition the past 4 weeks? And if he craps the bed over the rest of the season and they go one and done again? You still fine with paying him?