Tannenbaum: Dak's market has taken off like a rocket, he'll be highest-paid QB!

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score

Let's say Dak wins MVP but plays poorly in the playoffs and loses in the divisional round. Should the Cowboys extend him for big money? Mike Tannenbaum says he'll be the highest paid QB. I don't agree unless he gets it done in the playoffs. I would rather trade him for picks if he doesn't get it done.

With all the other mega contracts coming, If Dak can’t make a deep playoff run, I’d definitely make the trade for picks to get a Rookie QB contract.

This scouting department is the best in the NFL, if McClay signs off on a QB, I’d take the shot after another failed run.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I think Dak will struggle against Buffalo and Miami's pass defenses. Miami is 11th and Buffalo is 8th in passing yards allowed while Seattle was 23rd. Even if we beat Philly, which I think we will, they'll still end up winning the east, finishing strong and giving Hurts MVP.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If he does poorly in the playoffs again...we should just trade him to a desperate team....and cash him in for an extra 2nd rounder while his value is as high as it will ever be. .
Trading him would leave the Cowboys as a desperate team. Some of you clearly don’t understand.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But what has Dak done to warrant a monster contract ???
He keeps us in contention every year and is one of the better QBs in the league,. What have some of these other QBs like Justin Herbert done to warrant a monster contract?

Qcard

Reaction score
Yeah, good luck if Dak can get as much money from the salary cap as he can, to hell with Parsons, CD and other players that the would need to keep when free agency hits the next. Sorry, Parsons, CD, etc, we can't pay you to keep you, we are paying Dak instead. Dak needs to help this team, the team is helping him out big time.
More BS..... remember when we couldn't keep Trevon Diggs because of Dak's Contract :laugh:

Dak Haters are worthless :laugh::lmao:

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Let's say Dak wins MVP but plays poorly in the playoffs and loses in the divisional round. Should the Cowboys extend him for big money? Mike Tannenbaum says he'll be the highest paid QB. I don't agree unless he gets it done in the playoffs. I would rather trade him for picks if he doesn't get it done.

All these ‘don’t pay Dak’ posts are ludicrous. The only team that’s won more games in the past three years ending 11/30/23 are the Chiefs….by one game.

Trade him for picks? There’s a high probability that those picks won’t yield a QB that possesses anything close to Dak’s skill set. Yeah, he’ll be cheap, and we won’t win with him.

Dak’s getting paid. Deal with it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

I just realized that "Tannenbaum" in its native German language means "Christmas Tree".

Since December is my birth month and Christmas is my favorite holiday, I was listening to some Classic Christmas songs on YouTube. Without realizing it, one of my favorite songs, "O' Tannenbaum, O' Tannenbaum," by Nat King Cole started playing. Great Christmas classic. It's funny how Mike Tannenbaum's name also means Christmas tree. Mr. Mike Christmas Tree! lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Everyone knows my opinion concerning Dak seeking top pay with his upcoming second big contract. Does Dak deserve top pay? Absolutely. Should he demand top pay? I hope not. No need to "try to financially educate me" and all that baloney. I've owned 2 businesses during my lifetime, so I know very well about finances, budgets, etc. Dak could easily get $52+ million/year, but I do hope he considers giving the team a discount and help the team the way the team has helped him. Accept $40 - $42 mil/year. That is a lot of money. That would definitely help the team extend other key players.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
FYI.....to be the highest-paid, he would have to pass Joe Burrow's $55M per year deal.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Everyone knows my opinion concerning Dak seeking top pay with his upcoming second big contract. Does Dak deserve top pay? Absolutely. Should he demand top pay? I hope not. No need to "try to financially educate me" and all that baloney. I've owned 2 businesses during my lifetime, so I know very well about finances, budgets, etc. Dak could easily get $52+ million/year, but I do hope he considers giving the team a discount and help the team the way the team has helped him. Accept $40 - $42 mil/year. That is a lot of money. That would definitely help the team extend other key players.
Ace......there's no way in hell Dak would consider taking $40-42M extension. Hell, with how he's playing lately $50/52M is probably the floor.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ace......there's no way in hell Dak would consider taking $40-42M extension. Hell, with how he's playing lately $50/52M is probably the floor.
That's what I'm afraid of. There's going to be lots of noise among those around him to get as much as he can since those around him would profit as well. I only hope he seriously considers helping out the team. $40 - $42 mil/year is a lot of money.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
But what has Dak done to warrant a monster contract ???
Exactly, a four game tear in his eighth year doesn't sell me on anything. We saw Dak play well towards the end last year and beat tampa in the playoffs then lay another egg in san fran. Dak has a hot hand right now but Dak is what Dak has been for the last eight years, streaky, not consistent enough and paying him that kind of money will set this team back another five years minimum.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Then let him go hamstring another organization because you can't pay Dak that and meet the other commitments.

cowboyed

Reaction score
If he does poorly in the playoffs again...we should just trade him to a desperate team....and cash him in for an extra 2nd rounder while his value is as high as it will ever be. .
Usually when we lose in the playoffs it's because our offensive line can't hold up or our defense craters or the coaching staff got out schemed. If you have a starting quarterback on your team for a significant number of years he must be pretty good to begin with. Unless Dak is absolutely the key reason we lose/win in the post season demote, trade, cut or pay him accordingly relative to peer performance production and level of liability.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Great News!

Lets shop him right now to a good team and ban them to a decade of mediorcity.
Dont wait until he has to play against a good defense and crumbles like a cookie again.

Stirrrr up the PR-departement Jerry! Do it NOW!
We have around 20 days left...

Before the salary cap we used to buy players away from great teams to be able to beat them.
Now we can sell bad players to them to make them suffer from the big cap hits and the bad play by them.

Funny how times have changed but in essence everything stays the same.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think Dak will struggle against Buffalo and Miami's pass defenses. Miami is 11th and Buffalo is 8th in passing yards allowed while Seattle was 23rd. Even if we beat Philly, which I think we will, they'll still end up winning the east, finishing strong and giving Hurts MVP.
Seattle had given up 2 fewer passing TDs than Buffalo and Miami's 16 until Dak let them up for 3. Even now they've only given up one more (17) than those two despite having played one more game. Well one more than Miami anyway. Point being, their pass defense is better than the yards ranking shows because they get stops at essentially the same rate as those two and their yards allowed per attempt of 5.8 is tied for 10th and just behind Buffalo and Miami who are both at 5.6. That tells me that those two teams are not miles ahead of Seattle in pass defense.. and frankly even if they were I trust Dak and Co. against anybody at this point. Somebody is going to have to show me they can stop this version of Dak before I believe it.